Do you plan on having kids
  Yes
  No
  I'd prefer to be a crazy cat lady
View Results

Swivils42

Victorious Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 pm
My husband and I got married about two months ago and of course we had to have the talk about kids and when we are going to start trying. We agreed waiting a year is best for us with finances, going through the newlywed stage, etc.
I've finally been able to go to the doctor (haven't seen and OB/GYN yet) and she suggested I start getting ready now. I've started looking online at way to get ready and one suggested I start taking prenantal vitamins now. I'm already off my birth control because it was doing more harm than good to my body.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight or suggestions on how to go about getting my body ready for having a kid. Anything is helpful.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 am
If I could go back in time, this is really what I'd do:

Change eating habits, lose weight, and build omg muscle.

--If I had more muscle, my back wouldn't be near as sore, I'd be less exhausted all of the time, and I'd be better prepared for going through delivery.

--If I had been at a normal weight for my height, I wouldn't be as worried about gestational diabetes, the additional stress on my body, or having to closely watch my weight.

--If I had developed good eating habits, I wouldn't be driving myself bonkers battling old habits. For example:
1) Pre-pregnancy, I could eat 1 big meal a day and be fine. During: I struggle to remember to eat before I start to feel nauseated.
2) Pre-pregnancy: A glass or two of water a day was fine. During: I feel dizzy because I forget to keep drinking constantly.

I mean, I will get through this and kiddo is fine, but I feel like a dummy because many of my woes could've been stopped if I were more honest with myself about my health, concerning weight, habits, and exercise. Knowing what I do now, I'm going to get serious about physically preparing myself for next time.  

Chatoy

Protective Trash

Swivils42

Victorious Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:29 am
A000045
If I could go back in time, this is really what I'd do:

Change eating habits, lose weight, and build omg muscle.

--If I had more muscle, my back wouldn't be near as sore, I'd be less exhausted all of the time, and I'd be better prepared for going through delivery.

--If I had been at a normal weight for my height, I wouldn't be as worried about gestational diabetes, the additional stress on my body, or having to closely watch my weight.

--If I had developed good eating habits, I wouldn't be driving myself bonkers battling old habits. For example:
1) Pre-pregnancy, I could eat 1 big meal a day and be fine. During: I struggle to remember to eat before I start to feel nauseated.
2) Pre-pregnancy: A glass or two of water a day was fine. During: I feel dizzy because I forget to keep drinking constantly.

I mean, I will get through this and kiddo is fine, but I feel like a dummy because many of my woes could've been stopped if I were more honest with myself about my health, concerning weight, habits, and exercise. Knowing what I do now, I'm going to get serious about physically preparing myself for next time.

Thank you. I'm trying to work on eating better, it's been hard since alot of healthy food is really expensive. I want to go non GMO and fully organic. I have a bad habit of forgetting to drink water, so I'll keep that in mind as well.
I'm worried about gestational diabetes since I'm already starting to show symptoms of diabetes. It runs in my family  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games