Welcome to Gaia! ::

Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The current Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifox, modis, breedables, adoptables, adopts 

Reply ● RP Forum
[FIN!-SRP] Glimpses (kyanite and Snowburn)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:29 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Kyanite Leuthil was sleeping when the soft crunch woke her. She didn’t bother to open her eyes. It wasn’t that she was blind, though she did have some trouble making out things far away, rather Kyanite didn’t really need her eyes to figure a few things out. One she stood out with her coat coloring so whoever this was knew she was there. Two they were standing right in front of her. Three the time of day was late afternoon because the stranger’s shadow was now on top of her. She slowly raised her head and sniffed the air. A myriad of scents caught her. Blood. Ash. Not really the most pleasant combination for a fall afternoon but it could be much much worse. She remained silent waiting for the other party to speak to her first since he must have a reason to approach her.

“I heard from a little bird that you would be here Kyanite. It’s been a while.” She grinned at the deep voice. Ever a vexation and yet it had become a game between them. “Nos, nice to see you again.” “Ironic given you won’t even look at me.” “I don’t need to look at you to see you. It’s been so long I’d forgotten your scent.” “So I should come and see you more.” “I’d rather you didn’t. Still collecting debts and tempting others?” “Forever and always.” “Pity others never seem to learn.” “The ways of the heart are the most mysterious, when in love the mind is fogged and desire wins out. I take it you haven’t found your love yet?” “No and I’m not likely too anytime soon so forget any dreams you have of collecting a debt from me.” “We’ll see little gem.” “I suppose we will in time.”

The soft sound of paws fading along with that scent left Kyanite alone but she shivered slightly. Falling in love would be the end of her especially with Nos about in the area. She didn’t know why he ‘helped’ others when he knew the end result was that he would take something from them that would potentially crush them. It seemed a cruel joke. Shaking her head she stood up deciding she needed to find a new spot to nap. She didn’t bother opening her eyes but rather padded about with her paws gingerly. Her hair dragged along but the rustling in the grass was comforting. She pondered over Nos as she walked. He wasn’t really an enemy per say but to call him a friend would be a mistake that would come back to haunt. He never unduly attacked anyone to her knowledge though.

She wandered for most of the day not really feeling any hunger pangs today. Her hair often got in the way of hunts so there was more than one night where she had gone to bed hungry. A new scent drifted to her nose making Kyanite stop and briefly wonder who was there. She listened all around her but didn’t hear any other breathing nearby. The scent was quite strong and didn’t have any after tones of death or rot so she was fairly certain that whoever or whatever was there was still alive. “Hello?” She let out a tentative call. There was some rustling in the trees above her. Shaking her head she moved her hair from her eyes and slowly opened them in the tree up high above she saw a large blurry shape. It was likely a fox due to its blue coat but she couldn’t really see all of it in the dappled light. Closing her eyes she had no idea if it was male or female, phim or deava. It didn’t really matter anymore since she knew it was just a fox and not something inclined to harm her; at least hopefully. “Sorry to bother you.” She stopped looking at the fox and resumed her trek to hear a loud thump behind her after a few moments along with a rush of wind. Sighing mentally she really hoped she hadn’t come across an angry fox or ruined her own day by waking such a fox up. She paused debating on whether or not to run knowing her hair was always a liability. She decided against it and proceeded to sit down on the spot and wait for whatever came. She really wasn’t much of a fighter and she figured there wasn’t anything in this life worth really continuing on for so why bother?

To her surprise a melodic voice drifted up to her. “Not a bother. I needed to wake up anyway to hunt. Care to join me?” This was a kind offer indeed but Kyanite knew she would only slow the other fox down with her clumsiness and lack of skill. To brush it off she snorted. “Thank you for the offer but you’d be better to hunt alone then with myself.” She could hear the paw falls as the other fox moved around to face her. there was a moment of silence where Kyanite knew she was being studied. The question would come it always did, and she would answer it as she always had. “Why would you not be an asset to hunt with?” Kyanite’s head tilted. That was not the question she was expecting. “Most would ask if I’m blind since I am sitting here with my eyes closed.” There was a soft laugh. “Even a blind fox needs to eat so they learn to hunt by hearing. Why should you be any different then they; and thus a good hunting partner?” This fox was an odd one. Slowly she opened her eyes to look into the other’s face. “I’m not completely blind and it’s my hair that gets in the way. With my sense of sight intact I have not had to focus on learning to hunt in other ways.” A sliding sound behind the fox drew Kyanite’s attention to the fox’s wings. A phim. An amber eyed phim, or perhaps a bright yellow topaz. Yes that was it. She closed her eyes once more deciding she had made her point. “Do you go hungry often?” Again such a strange question. Most would have just said ok and left by now wouldn’t they? Her ears flicked back for a moment knowing how that question was far to prying and she had every right to refuse it, but this strange phim asked questions that others didn’t, well except for Nos, but he was a strange monster in his own right. “Yes I do.” She waited for laugher but was only rewarded with a sigh. “Ok then.” Ok then what? She heard the fox pace a small ways away from her and then felt the wind as the phim just took off. No good bye or good luck. The phim left with the same abruptness as she came. It was almost disturbing. Still she was alone again as was the normal. Shaking her head to clear it she started to walk onwards deciding she really wasn’t going to waste time talking to others again today.

Much of the day passed with Kyanite hunting what game she could. She was lucky today. A chipmunk, a rabbit, an a young bird who decided to fly to soon where not quite so lucky. She had bathed in a small pond to clear off the blood and was curled up near a bush after taking the time to dry in the sun. She was tired and nearly asleep when there was a loud crash on the ground not too far away. Jumping up with her heart in her throat she gasped and had her eyes open looking at a blurry brown shape. She didn’t know what it was at first but it was clear that it was quite dead. Inching closer she saw that it was a deer. A full grown doe. A thump made Kyanite turn her head with a half growl. In front of her was that blue phim. The growling stopped to be replaced by quite until the phim spoke. “You are hard to find since you moved.” Moved? What was the phim talking about? Confusion must have been evident on her face because the phim sighed and spoke again. “The space I found you in before. You weren’t there when I got back from hunting, I had to track you and then go back for the deer.” She spoke slowly like she was dealing with a kit. Kyanite looked at the deer and then back to the fox. She was sharing her kill with another fox who was a stranger to her in all things? Odd to say the least. “You never said you were coming back.” It was the only response she could think of to save her pride, Kyanite closed her eyes once more so she would feel more comfortable that way. The phim seemed to be in thought from the silence and then made a sound like a chagrined kit, she must have realized Kyanite was right. Rather than admitting it the other vixen sighed and trotted over to the deer and tearing sounds could be heard. Her stomach grumbling at her Kyanite assumed she would have to wait for the phim to finish and then would be granted what remained. She was trying hard to not focus on the smell of prey so she was taken off guard when something was pressed to her muzzle. Pulling back she sniffed. It was venison. The phim had ripped a strip of meat from the deer and was offering to her. Gingerly she took the piece and lay down to work on eating it. She heard a chuckle and it sounded like the phim moved back to her kill to eat something for herself. Kyanite never had to approach the deer to get any food. When she finished a piece it seemed the phim was back and offered another piece each time. It was the oddest meal that Kyanite had ever been treated to, not that she had much experience with that. When it was down she went back into the pond to wash off and heard the splashing letting her know the phim was doing much the same. “Who are you?” “Does it matter?” “A name to add onto the thanks is fairly normal.” “Well I’m not normal.” “Clearly.” “Is that a bad thing?” “No.” “What is your name?” “Which one I have two?” “You’re not normal either.” “Heh, I suppose not. Thank you for the meal.” “Sure.” Kyanite got out of the water feeling the conversation was at an end and dried in silence waiting for the phim to ask on her name once more. The question didn’t come. It almost made her sad. She had been hoping for more, but she scolded herself for being foolish. She had been an act of charity and nothing more. The phim would leave and it would be done. No more would come of it ever. Once dry Kyanite moved to a new spot to sleep and dozed off.

The morning was warm and smelled strange. Kyanite had slept well do to the extravagant meal from the night before. She moved and found that something was covering her. She pawed at thinking she had rolled into a bush while she had been sleeping. The texture was wrong though. It was like a bird. Opening her eyes Kyanite saw blue and froze. The phim was curled up around her and covering her with a wing. She wasn’t sure if she should move or stay in place. After a few moments she felt the other fox move next to her. Still paralyzed by the choice she was shocked when phim pulled away. She didn’t know what to say and thankfully she apparently didn’t have too. “Hungry.” There was some silence. “I’ll be back.” “oh.. nice to know.” “This time? I suppose. Bye.” Kyanite opened her eyes as the warmth left her and watched as the phim whose name she still didn’t know took off. Something odd was started here and she didn’t quite know what.

(2,070 words)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:30 pm
A moon had passed since Snowburn had started to take care of the odd looking little fox who liked to keep her eyes closed. She had originally brought a meal to the fox due to her look of not having a meal or two when it was clear she needed it and the fox’s own admission of not being a good hunting partner. If one couldn’t hunt then they had to have others look after them and do the hunting for them. It was logical and so since no other fox was around Snow did it herself. It wasn’t odd to her but just something that she had to do. She supposed she should have took the vixen back to the tribe and had the others help but it didn’t seem like the fox spoke much with others. So dragging her about to a whole tribe would be to overwhelming. She had been playing when she hadn’t given out her name, but since the vixen didn’t ask about her name again since then Snow figured it really wasn’t a big deal. Names were fairly pointless since anyone could say they had any name they wished and it wouldn’t matter. Snow was laying out in the sun after having bathed. The hunting in this area was good and it didn’t take as long to find food as the first time she had tried it. Now she knew where deer traveled and where the plumpest rabbits liked to hide. Taking a deep breath she blew out and rolled over so her stomach could dry. A shadow moved over her and the coolness it brought made Snow open her eyes and look up at her two named but unknown companion. “It’s been a while since you started feeding me.” “It has.” Snow could make no argument against that fact. Time was relative. As a kit a while was a few hours. As an adult it could be a few hours or a few moons. “Why?” The other fox’s head was tilted and the look on her face was amusing even though she rarely opened her eyes. “Because your hair gets in the way of hunting.” That was the reason the fox had given before and Snow simply repeated it in case the other vixen had forgotten. The other fox looked annoyed and gave a huff. “No. I mean why you are the one hunting for me?” “Because I was around and you’re hair gets in the way of you hunting.” Really it wasn’t that hard to understand. The fox looked sad now. “Oh I see. When will you leave?” Snow took a moment to think about it. “When you die or leave.” That made the other fox look very shocked and she moved her jaw like she wanted to speak but no words came out. It was the same kind of face Snow knew only too well. She had to explain more. “I am here helping you hunt and I’ll leave when you leave or if you die. I won’t leave you to starve.” The other fox snorted now. “Why do you care?” That was a good question. “I have emotions and they will turn to guilt if I left you to starve so I stay.” More confusion on the other fox’s face. “You don’t even know my name.” “I don’t need to know your name or names. I know you’re look and your needs enough by now.” The fox seemed to be blushing a bit, why was beyond Snow. Maybe she didn’t know her as well as she thought she did. “You’re in my sunlight to dry.” The other fox looked shocked and scooted back. Now back in the light Snow closed her eyes and thought over her conversations with the other vixen and tried to figure out the point the other fox was trying to make.

The other fox lay down next to her and Snow looked at her. The vixen was after a bit was was intently studying her paws. The sight made Snow smile because she could see that the other vixen still had her eyes closed. Speaking quietly Snow had to listen intently to hear what she was saying. “You know what that sounds like right?” “Not a clue.” The fox opened her eyes and looked at Snow. Disbelief was all over her face. “Really you’ve never been interested in a fox as a mate before?” Snow shook her head just a bit her curls all over the ground around her framing her head. The other fox said nothing and closed her eyes looking at her paws again. A mate? Huh that was interesting. Snow thought it over. Mates did hunt if the other was unable, and they did snuggle up at night as they had. Snow did it because she hated to be cold. Mates did only leave a spot if their mate left or died, or well there were other reasons but that was for more severe circumstances. “So we’re mates.” Snow only stated the logical conclusion but the reaction of the other fox was a bit extreme. She had jumped up and jerked away like Snow had snapped at her. The look of surprise and near horror on her face made Snow cringe. She had not meant for that kind of reaction. She rolled over and got up. The other vixen had curled in on herself on that spot. Snow crept toward her cautiously not wanting to spook her more. She crouched down to seem smaller. “Are you alright? I didn’t mean to scare you.” It was the plain truth. The other fox didn’t move or speak. “Hey now.” Slowly Snow raised a paw and stroked the other fox’s head. There was a little movement from the other fox but no wild moments like before. “I upset you.” It wasn’t a question. “How?” She didn’t know what she had said that had scared the other fox so much. There was some mumbling. “What?” “Y-you said we w-were m-m.. mates.” “Yes I take care of you like a mate does so I suppose we are just that.” The other fox turned her head down and mumbled more. Sighing Snow used the back of her paw to push the other fox’s chin up so she could look at her face and understand what she was seeing. “What?” “n-never had a mate. Mates care about each other. I’m not. Others don’t. It’d be a mistake.” It was all kinds of jumbled and incoherent half sentences and it was starting to annoy Snow. “Stop that. Now.” The other fox flinched at her tone and Snow felt a pang of regret. She slowed her mind and took the time to explain. “I don’t know your name, fact. I care for your health as a mate does, fact. I care about you and worry that this panic will do you harm. Fact. I can take care of you and will do so. Fact. What more do you need?” The other fox seemed to be a bit shocked and clearly needed time to think. Pulling back Snow was moving back to give her space but as soon as she pulled back the other fox moved closer. Blinking she froze and saw the other fox stop and shiver. Not fully understanding Snow moved forward and embraced the other fox anyway. The shaking kept going and Snow realized the other fox was crying. Why was beyond her but she know that sometimes a girl just needed to cry so she let her only petting her and letting her work through her own emotions. Snow felt protective about this fox and knew she couldn’t just leave her. She had known it for a while and she simply didn’t realize that she wanted this vixen for a mate until the facts presented became clear to her as she had laid them out before the other fox. There was one thing that would have to be fixed though. “You know mates know one another’s names. I’m Snowburn.” There was silence and Snow held her breath waiting for the other fox’s reaction to this. The silence stretched on for an eternity until the other fox shifted and pulled back slightly. “K…. Kyanite Leuthil.” Huh so the fox really did have two names. That was interesting. “There we go. No more silly tears?” It was a question her mother had asked when she was a kit and was done crying. The vixen nodded her head. “Good.” She licked Kyanite’s maw gently. That is what mates could do so it wasn’t a problem for her. The other fox blushed and still looked a bit out of place with the gesture. Snow wasn’t really sure about what to do about that. She would have to go and see her mother soon and find out what it meant to have a mate. So far she only had some idea from her parents but it really wasn’t something that she had specifically asked on. This of course would be remedied, but she would have to find someone to take care of Kyanite in her absence or drag her mate with her, which might not be a good idea. She would think about it while she hunted for them tonight.

The day passed quickly and soon it was night. Snow got up from the den she had dug out under a tree to get a from the pond. There was a shadow that crossed the moon far too quickly to be a cloud. Snow squinted for a moment before she realized who it was. The deava that took her child when she was not ready to be a mother. He was nice enough to raise the child perhaps he could be of some help. As for him, well he seemed genuinely surprised to see her. “I had heard there was a wingless fox near here. Light greenish. Purple long hair. Often had her eyes closed?” Snow nodded. “My mate sleeps.” “Kyanite is your mate?” He asked it like he really didn’t believe it. Snow nodded. The male laughed, far too loudly, he could wake Kyanite. Snow shushed him and to his credit he did so. She couldn’t remember his name though, it started with an N. “Why do you seek her?” “Oh just to bother her like I do from time to time.” He was grinning and had a strange look in her eyes. “You have something you want don’t you little phim?” She nodded. He had helped her once and would do so again perhaps. “I would know how my child is and ask advice.” “You daughter is doing well. Her name is Frostfall and she is being cared for by Riku, and the other child Riku watches. They are a good family who love each other very much. As for your advice, well I have taken such care for your child that you still do owe me, would you add to that debt?” He seemed hesitant to allow her to say more. She nodded her head. “Anything. I wish to know what it’s like to be a mate so that I can take care of mine more. I don’t really know what to do for her and it .. bothers me.” He was chuckling which Snow thought was odd. She had a reasonable question. “You are a treat every time I deal with you girl.” “Snowburn.” “Yes, yes Snowburn. My apologies, girl is not your name I know. I’ll help you but remember you owe me more now.” She sighed and nodded. “Very well. Usually you don’t need to know what to do. Often times mates will be lost in what to do. The main thing is that you take the time to see your mate and cuddle them and impart to them that they are special and loved. You have to do this each and every day. Many times mates snuggle to show this but after a time a mate still wants to hear that they are special and unique to all foxes in the world so tell her every day.” Nodding she made note of that. He had many bits of information for her that night and the two spoke until near dawn when Snow crept back to the den to be there when Kyanite Leuthil woke up. She knew who she could ask to care for Kyanite should she ever need to be apart from her mate for any time. It would cost but the deava never bothered to call in those favors thus far, why would he later?

(2,148 words)  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm
Kyanite wasn’t quite sure what to make of things. It had been a week since Snowburn and she became mates. She wasn’t sure how to contain herself. The month before they had become mates she had been feeling grateful to the phim for taking care of her. The suspicion as to the true reason had always laid heavy on her shoulders though. Never had she thought it was because Snowburn truly cared for her. It was strange to have someone whose name who you didn’t even know take care of you, hunting and holding you close at night. It was nice. Kyanite wasn’t used to that at all. She kept waking up for so long expecting the phim to have grown bored of her and left. When it didn’t happen she had to find out why. That little revelation had sent Kyanite on a tailspin of amazement and giddiness. She had never had a fox who truly cared for her at all. There had been a time when Nos pestered her day in and out for a while but it was only for a short time and he got bored and left. He still came by or rather he had. She hadn’t seen him since she had met Snowburn. She wondered when Nos would come back. She had always told him that love was a waste of time and that hoping for more in life was pointless. She had no idea how wrong she really had been. She never wanted more out of life until Snowburn showed her that there could be more. Snowburn had started to open up to her about the rest of her family and even the tribe they lived in. It sounded nice to having others about but also clearly could be a bit annoying to have so many others in close quarters. She wasn’t sure if she would like a tribe herself but she did want to meet more of Snow’s family. To that end Snow said she was going to leave to see her mother soon. If all went well then Kyanite would be able to meet Frsotburn and one of the sisters of Snow. Stretching out she heard flapping and figured that Snow was back with the one that was supposed to take care of her while Snow was gone. It was a ‘friend’ was what Snow had said. She grinned widely but didn’t bother to open her eyes. The scent that reached her nose wiped the smile from her face though. It was Nos. She wondered how Snow knew the deava. Surely this wasn’t a plot on Nos’s part. Did Snow owe him? Surely not Snow was confident and knew how to handle herself. “Snowburn, Nos.” She kept her tone short. “Gem fox.” “I didn’t know you knew Nos. That makes things simpler. He will be taking care of you during my travel.” Kyanite was surprised. “He didn’t have you make a deal with him did he?” She was pale faced and opened her eyes to look at Snowburn. Her mate was looking at her with her head tilted. “Nevermind.” Kyanite would inquire with Nos later. Now was a time for giving Snowburn a good send off, besides there was no way Nos would make a deal with her. He just got to know her to mess with Kyanite. Kyanite was sure of it. “Be safe Snow. Come home when you can. I’ll be here.” She closed her eyes and moved forward to give her mate a kiss. She waited until Snow left before she turned to look at Nos. Her face was set in a glower that would have scared most other foxes off. “Well Nos care to explain.” “Now, Now little gem; how could I take care of you with you making a face like you’d like to ripe out my throat. Do tell me what you want me to explain.” “Did. You. Make. A. Deal. With. Snowburn.” “I don’t see how it’s much of your concern little gem.” Kyanite growled at him and he laughed at her. “Try it dear and you’ll end up in the middle of that cute little pond. Yes I made a deal with her, more than one in fact.” He sounded so smug. She wanted to swipe that smile off his face with a good smack. She squeezed her eyes shut as tight as they could go. She knew all of Nos’s deals ended in pain. He even joked about it to her when he had originally started to mess with her. Her teeth were clenched tight so she didn’t yell. That would only let Nos know that he had her and to give him the upper hand would be a mistake of the worst kind. “And just what did she have to give up.” “Yet to be determined.” “So an open deal? Isn’t that the kind deal you loved to make the most of?” “Why of course.” “And just what did Snowburn desire to make such deals?” “That would be a violation of trust to tell you that curious little gem. You know you never asked so many questions when I told you of other deals.” She wanted to scream at him because it was her mate! He was chuckling and she could hear a thud as he dropped down and settled into to relax. “I suppose with it someone I know it’s more interesting to hear about.” “mmm and I suppose that the fact she holds your heart has nothing to do with it?” Darn him! He knew they were mates. Well of course he would. Snow was the kind to flat out say she needed someone to hunt for her mate while she was gone. This must be like a gift to Nos to be able to finally torment her so! “Drop the deals with her Nos.” “I have no reason to something so foolish. I’d have to take back what I gave and I can’t just do that. They are far too down the path to turn about.” “Nos.” Kyanite’s voice took on a note of pleading. “Nos Please. I’ll take on her debts but don’t make Snowburn suffer.” “No I can’t do that. We would have to make a deal meaning you’d accrue a debt for each debt you would remove and there is no way you could be as useful as her. Perhaps if you had another who was willing share the pile with your for her then I might be willing to make a deal with the pair of you.” Kyanite couldn’t take it anymore and lunged at Nos only to be batted aside like she was nothing. He didn’t come after her but instead there was silence prompting her to open her eyes and look at him. He was just sitting looking at her. “You know little gem you are very changed. Still I’ll be dropping off food for you until your mate comes back think on my words.” With that he launched up itno the air and she screamed at him while he disappeared in the sky. She would need to find a way to free her mate from Nos’s clutches. She screamed and tore up her clearing for much of the day but couldn’t think of a single way to free Snow without killing Nos, which she wasn’t strong enough for, or agreeing to his terms. She needed help someone anyone to ask, but there was a problem with that. She was all alone in the world beyond Snowburn and Nos. She hated herself for that right now.

The next morning she was woken up by Nos dropping off a deer and him laughing saying she should eat because if she didn’t it wouldn’t matter he was fulfilling his end of the deal by dropping off food. She twitched and moved to eat thinking he had made a mistake she know knew one of Snow’s debts was to drop of food for her. She had to find a way to get more out of Nos but he left as soon as she was by the kill. Kyanite ate and planned. She would get her answers one way or another. It would just take time. She sat and contemplated the best approach. She wouldn’t get a chance until her next meal so that left her some time to really plan. Time time, it was a like a mantra in her mind. By the time he came she still didn’t have an answer only heightened anxiety. She heard him land and his chuckle grated on her ears. She wanted to hurt him but she couldn’t. He was stronger and faster than her. Still she knew she would win in the end. She had no other choice. “Nos. I question if you would spare the time.” There was silence and she held her breath hoping he wouldn’t just take off again. She heard a small thump and the smell of blood reached her. “You don’t eat as much as I thought. The rabbit is a waste considering how much is left from what I dropped off before.” She breathed out relieved he seemed like he was staying. “Well I don’t feel like eating much with Snow gone.” “Mm.. It will be a shame for your mate to come back only to see food was dropped off but you were much to pathetic to eat it. Maybe she’ll never be comfortable enough to leave again.” Those words tugged at Kyanite’s heart and she found herself eating more even though she knew it was likely just words Nos said to make her do what he wanted. She didn’t want to risk Snow’s sadness just like she had to find a way to get her out of Nos’s grip. “Nos you said before that Snow was indebted to you. By how much? I should know since she is my mate and it affects me as well.” “Well it could I suppose depending on what I asked. Very well I shall tell you. Your ever darling little feathered mate owes me thrice over.” Three well that wasn’t that bad, and yet even one deal with Nos could cost so very much. “You said before if I found a fox to split the deals with me I could take them so that Snow wouldn’t have any?” “Not quite.” Oh she hated it when he sounded so smug. “I agreed to make a deal with the pair of persons’ youself included who were willing to take on some of you mates debt. You may take a debt as my the other person, but in doing so I’m doing a favor to help your mate so each person would be indebted to me for giving a debt off to another to help your mate.” “What!” that was inane. Each fox would have two debts to Nos and Snow would still owe him one! “The look on your face tells me that you don’t like this idea little gem. Pity it’s the only deal I’ll make. After all this means I have more deals which I really rather enjoy.” “Monster.” There was so much hate and venom in that one word yet she heard him laughing after she said it. What could she do now? She heard the flap of wings that told her Nos was leaving but her heart wasn’t in it to even yell at him more. She was simply too choked up to do anything but sit there helplessly hopeless for the rest of the day. There was no way she could convince another fox to take on two debts to save her beloved Snow. She didn’t know what Nos would take from her yet, but never had he not left a broken heart after his deals.

Before Snow came back with her family Kyanite somehow had to find a fox who was willing to put their own lives and possibly futures on the line in order to save a total stranger. The only problem was how to do this with Nos possibly trailing her every step of the way?

(2,075 words)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:14 pm
User Image
Nos watched the female the next morning lying down by the edge of the water. So far this morning he had signed an area around the water over three fourths of the way around it just to annoy Kyanite’s sense of smell. She was so easy to toy with now that he had the key to her emotions. Having a mate was like having a wound that was open and perfect for digging into. He smiled softly and hummed while Kyanite approached wrinkling that little nose of hers. “Good morning gem fox.” His voice was calm and pleasant because it was a lovely morning. A light mist was on the ground which had made it much harder to singe the grass yet so much more stratifying when it was done. She looked like she hadn’t slept well so he knew her sense would be more frazzled than normal. He stood up and stretched his wings back until they popped loudly. He chuckled watching her flinch at the noise. “Now now little gem, what could possibly be wrong?” “Well for starters you have my mate in a set of deals in which you could ask anything and you won’t tell me what. You deals hurt. And your way of fixing things makes even more suffering.” My my she was in spry shape this morning almost yelling at him. It was so amusing to get her all riled up when he had talked to her each time before she had been as full of emotion as a rock. This mate snow had brought out the best and worst in Kyanite. He really wasn’t sure where to put it. “So what will you do little gem?” He watched the gears turn in her mind as she looked at him. “You clearly have a plan in mind perhaps I could help?” Oh that seemed to do it. She was yelling at him telling him that the last thing she needed was his help and that it didn’t matter how long it took or who it was that helped her but her mate’s debt to him would be removed and then she never wanted to see him near her mate ever again. He just laughed and flapped his wings a few times shoving off the ground hard. With Kyanite spitting fire he figured the morning was off to a good start and he had other places he wanted to be. The flight was fairly short compared to the others he had planned soon. It didn’t long to find a large burned patch of grass near a cave he knew so well. Landing at the edge of the burned grass he shouted out once before sauntering up to the entrance of the cave. A large swath of black flame came out of the cave and had Nos been standing in the center of the entry way like a fool it would have struck him. Of course he was smarter than that and had been off to the side. “Nre’f It’s good to see you but must you try and kill anyone who comes to say hello?” There was some grumbling in the cave before a tri color deava crawled out. Blue eyes met brown and a grin was shared between the two. “So your little spot hasn’t wandered home yet?” Nos’s question was greeted with a snort and shake of the head. Nos merely shrugged Nre’f chose to live with a brown colored phim for much of his life and recently the little wench had wandered off. “You know you could always ask for help finding her if you wanted.” “I’d rather not make deals with the likes of you.” “When have I ever given you a reason to doubt me?” “Never, that’s what worries me. An honest Deava is never an honest fox.” Nos just laughed. He really wasn’t the type to lie about matters so Nre’f’s distrust of him for such a trait was funny even when it should be vexing. “Well it doesn’t matter. I have a fox that could use some nudging in a more fruitful direction. Though it might not be easy and trust really isn’t quite her most prominent virtue.” Nre’f might enjoy the challenge and having a deava around to pester her would be more amusing to Nos than anything else. He feared his involvement with her might leave a sour taste in her mouth when it came to all deavas so interactions with others would be more beneficial to her. Good or bad it was out of his paws. Nre’f was cocking his head looking at Nos weighing the information no doubt. “She really hates me.” This brought a real smile to the other male’s maw. Nos knew he had the male then. “Perhaps I could tell you where she is and you could leave this cave for a while? I know you could use a change of scenery for a bit. Your little spot won’t be home for quite some time if at all.” This brought a frown to the male and Nos knew he was treading on thin ice with his mouth but it didn’t matter. He didn’t intend to stay around too long. “I’ll be headed out. If you want to find this one all you have to do is take a flight for a while and find the nice burned patch by water. I think you’d enjoy her company, but then I think most foxes could get along.” This brought out a chuckle from Nre’f but Nos didn’t feel like looking at it further. He turned and shoved off the ground hard below him there was a small amount of black flame where he had been standing. It wasn’t his own. Typical Nre’f. A few comments about his missing phim and getting along and he was all kinds of hot headed. Circling once he laughed at the male before taking off again to go and find his other stops. He would have to fly a few days to get to Riku and those who stayed with her for him. He often wondered how long the strings could be pulled until they snapped. Snowburn’s own child was so close and yet she never knew. It didn’t seem like Kyanite knew that Snowburn had ever been a mother or the snappish female would have insisted on having the phim’s child returned. What would she say if she learned the truth? Would she leave her mate or forgive her for it. Could she forgive the blue phim giving up the child? Kyanite herself had been an abandoned child so there were certainly to be some strong feelings there. Keeping the reasons for the blue phim’s debt was for the best for the pair to stay happy, and it let Nos torment the little gem more which was always funny. Nre’f would never know that it had been a few words from him that helped to drive off F’ern so the female would go out into the world and see more of it. Together they would have been miserable and Nre’f held her back while F’ern made him sick of dealing with other in life. It would only be a matter of time before they snapped and parted on less than friendly terms as it was there was hope now. There was just something about the pair that made Nos want to act. He also now had a chance to make deals with them in the future.

The sky started to turn dark around him before he started to get tired. The thermal he had been riding in had taken him much closer to his final destination than he thought that he could get today. Still it would be another few days of flying before he could reach Riku. Finding a place to land in the dark was always a challenge but he was fairly certain that there was field below him. He took his time coming into the landing so that he wouldn’t snag on anything. There was always the hard part of having a cloak. It seemed to like to catch on everything. He really enjoyed the small pockets that lined inside and the comfort he could use it for should he decide to take it off and cover another fox. Rarely did such an event occur but still it was a perk he could look at and use.

A short time after landing he had found his resting spot for the night. Rather than below branches or in a hiding place of some kind he enjoyed lying out under the stars. There was simply something soothing about it. Laying there he looked up and thought over all the deals that were promised to him and which he had pulled in. There was much to do yet. “No rest for the wicked.” He closed his eyes and let a few lines of potry run through is mind. It wasn’t snowing and he wasn’t in the woods but he had promises to keep. Sadly he needed sleep but come the morrow he had miles to go before he could sleep again. Faces and images floated in his mind. Riku’s will still had some nudging to deal with. Snowburn had to meet the adult child once more and Yuna must be brought to her child as well. Brief preludes of interaction that would disheartened the flightless one and he truly didn’t know what it did to Snowburn but had she been a normal mother she too would feel pangs of regret. She never shared them though so perhaps she truly felt nothing. Riku loved being a mother though. It had been easy to get her to say yes to raising the children and in time there would be more. Still the children would do anything for Nos without even making a deal there was anything better than to have willing minions to bring about the deals that had yet to be made? He was waiting for more. What it could be was unknown to him but he wanted more and he knew it would be these children that were the key to his desire being realized. He drifted off into slumber dreaming of plots and plans that involved patience and the laying of years of groundwork. The combination of it all would be sweet to the taste and worth any amount of pain to achieve. Perhaps he should raid from a tribe? That might be fun. Though then he would have foxes after him for a long time. That might present certain complications for other plans.

His wings made a satisfying sliding sound against his cape as he curled up finally closing his eyes. Tribes could only wait he had more to do first. Soon enough oblivion claimed him. He didn’t move or stir all the night until the first light of dawn touched the sky. His eyes popped open and he stood up stretching to work out his joints. He had a long flight to make and he wanted to be off. The sky was red and he could smell the rain that was coming. The trip would be a storm and violent one. Pushing off he smiled wickedly thinking the flight was ging to be a very enjoyable one indeed. Most would have turned around and headed back to bed but the danger was too good to pass up this morning. Nos needed something wild and free. Just to talk to foxes and keep himself in check was hard enough. This kind of weather was the kind where he could fly and let himself go and be the wild thing he was in his heart. This was his break from the world he knew where he could yell and shout and ride the wind like a demon. He would feel nothing but joy and excitement before he met Riku so he would be riding a high that was nearly impossible to achieve. It would suit his purposes even more so long as he survived the flight.

(2,055 words)  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 pm
Nos was gone and he had made sure to leave enough food that he needn’t come back for a few days.. Kyanite groaned. She had wasted her chance to find a way to get him to give up on Snowburn’s debts. She needed to find someone anyone to help her. The silence was deafening. She pawed at the ground for a while before she started out. She didn’t know where she was going but she knew that Snow was to be back in a few days which meant that there was only a few days to convince someone to help share in her debt.

Half a day’s walk she heard the flapping of wings. Stopping she listened for a moment hoping perhaps it was Snowburn back early. As horrible as that would be to her plan to find help for her mate every moment away from Snow was torturous. There was creaking up above in the branches as the intruder to her day landed. She tilted her head up and tried to smile which she was sure was something like a grimace. “Hello?” No response came back. There was the smell of something burning ever so slightly tilting her head down back toward the ground she opened her eyes barely and noticed a half burned leaf that was new since the presence above her came. So she was dealing with a deava. Closing her eyes again she made no move to look up again and started to walk like she had imagined the whole thing. Branches above her creaked loudly and the noise was following her. Branches being pushed aside as her quite stalker moved around above. Her pace quickened. It really didn’t take long at all for her to start running as fast as she could, though fear for ones life did tend to make it easy to be ready to go. Sadly she couldn’t go as fast as she wanted with her hair tripping her up all the time. Shse fell several times before she wasn’t sure which was worse. The noise of her would be pursuer or the pain of falling so much. When she was out of breathe she fell once more and curled up ready to bite at the next thing that came close to her. There was the sound of the deava following her hitting the ground and there was that burned smell she knew was from the flames. There was no blood like with Nos. The smells coming from the other fox were so very strange. It was ashen and earthy at the same time. IT would have been nice had it not been for the fact that there was the uncomfortable heat and the smell of fire. She growled and for a moment nothing happened until a warm paw tapped her hind leg. She snapped at it without looking and her jaws clenched over air. She was poked again this time it was more a flick to her ear from being leaned forward to attack. Her head jerked sharply to the side and managed to strike the offending paw. She growled again and only heard a sigh. “Here I was lead to believe you would be more interesting than this. He lied.” Who lied? Nos? Someone else that knew of her? She really didn’t know that many foxes so it was hard to think that it could be someone other than Nos. Or perhaps she was being mistaken for someone else? “Who are you?” “Ner’f, a deava who happens to be directed to you by Nos.” Well that answered her question but she still didn’t like it. “Why are you following me?” “Bored mostly. I.. I think I needed to get out of that cave.” A deava with loneliness issues? IT was so ludicrous it was funny. She couldn’t help the small laugh that bubbled up. There was a growl and a sharp blow to her side that made her gasp. “Nuff.” Wincing she decided laughing at the deava was a mistake she didn’t want to repeat. She tried to wriggle back only to feel a tug on her hair. “Nuff.” She stayed still very still. “Tell me what Nos has over you. He was so eager to talk of you.” She winced inside this time. “N-Not me. Nos has my mate in his debt. I have to find someone to help me shoulder tham.. to him my trying is nothing more than a game.” Her voice was bitter and low. There was a few moments of quite but the tug on her hair did stop. “I see, well that does explain his visit to me then.” That made no sense to Kyanite. She peeked open just one eye and saw a tri colored deava male sitting staring not at her but up at the sky. It was odd to say the least. His gaze turned to her and she froze like a rabbit ready for slaughter. He watched her for a moment before he made his next comment. “You really are clueless aren’t you.” When no response was forthcoming she was even more shocked when he got up and started to simply walk away. “hey…hey…HEY!” She uncurled quickly and started to scurry after him. “Why does that make sense? What does my mate’s debt have to do with you?” She was getting mad now. Was this male the reason her mate was in debt to Nos to start with? The deava stopped Kyanite stopped she still had her eyes open but closed them under the intensity of that glare he was giving her. “You are an annoying creature.” Her voice was much more tentative as she remembered the pain he had inflicted before. “Please..” There was another heavy sigh. There was more silence before the answer. “Nos likes making deals. He found a way to get to your mate, though if you feel you need to have help to share them then Nos would likely go out of his way to find others to send to you in hopes you can convince them. He likes helping almost as much as he likes winning.” The deava snorted and a shifting of wings along with a snapping twig could be heard. The air on her face warmed as the male leaned close to her. “As for me, well either I help you or I get annoyed with you and do a little damage. Either way you win because you look more pathetic to get help from others Nos might send. Should I start now?” Scuttling backwards quickly she didn’t know if she wanted to snarl or to whimper. The noise that came out really couldn’t be called either one truth be told. There was no pursuit however as the deava’s steps could be heard retreating away from her.

Kyanite didn’t make a move or another noise until she was sure the other fox was gone. The air got cooler as the evening got on toward dusk. She hadn’t eaten since her trip started and the grumblings of hunger started to nibble at her belly. She didn’t’ know what to do. Was the deava still around? She didn’t’ want to risk it and yet she knew she would have to get moving now. IT took some time to gather up her courage but when it was finally to the point she could bear it no longer she forced her body to act and get up. She had become spoiled since having a mate and was used to eating on a daily basis now. The cool night air made her try and remember what could be found at night up and about. The hunting wouldn’t be as good but hopefully she could catch something. She still had a lot of walking to do if she was going to find someone to help her before Nos got the bright idea of sending more trouble her way. She really doubted it was to ‘help’ as the deava had said. Nos was nothing but trouble on all levels. He was a bully and a brute it didn’t matter how smooth his words were to cover it up. And the tri color deava he had sent along to her was just as bad, no not really. The tri color was a monster but at least it was clear he was a monster from the start. Nos was more insidious like a creeping shadow.

The next morning was cool and misty. She could tell because it made her fur damp. Her hunger was unabated from the night before. She still wasn’t any closer to finding a fox to help share the weight of the debts. She was walking all of the next day with no other foxes in sight. She got meager meals here and there when she hunted but there was that constant little bit of hunger there. She heard some distance to go.

IT was late the next day when she got along the scent of another fox. Or rather foxes. She didn’t’ know who they were but she was determined to find someone who was willing to share the burden now. She would do whatever it took to free her mate from Nos’s paws. She followed the scent for the better part of an hour before she found herself tangled up in a bush. She heard splashing and paused while slowly pulling out her hair from the branches. There was no pause in the splashing. She opened her eyes and saw a phim bathing. She had pretty yellow and black wings with a dark blue body. In a way it reminded Kyanite of Snow. She was tempted to go to the phim and ask for help. She pawsed after her first step made a jingling noise. She looked down and saw four small little BCRs. It was clear they belonged to the bathing phim… and some other very very bright fox. Kyanite looked up at the phim who hadn’t noticed her yet and a thought crept into her mind. It was a horrible thought. A thought that if Snow ever found out would unhappy with; but it was a guaranteed save for her mate. Could she? She knew it was wrong and yet this might be her only chance. Her mouth was dry and her mind felt like it was running far far to slowly. It was like she was watching it through the eyes of her body but had not control over it. There was the green of the bush’s leaves. The smell of the foreign foxes. The small little ring that clicked between his teeth as she picked it up and turned her head. The ground disappearing beneath her paws as she ran away as fast as she could. IT was for Snow. IT was all for Snow. This was all she could do. It would work. It had to. Nos would enjoy it and that was the worst part knowing that made the bile rise up and she barely kept it under control. She had to find Nos, soon. The sooner the better. The sooner she was rid of her stolen child the better it would be. Nos wouldn’t give the full burden to Kyanite because she was an adult and ‘useless’ but a child so young and full of life? Nos would be the kind of monster to take a stolen child in, just as Kyanite was clearly the kind of monster who would steal another child to save her own mate from the unknown debts that a demonic deava could instill.

She felt the tears that night as she slept alone in the woods. She slipped the BCR on her paw. It smelled wrong. She curled up tight and covered as much of herself with her hair as she could. She didn’t know how to find Nos but she knew a way to find out. The tri colored deava lived in a cave and it hasn’t been long after Nos left that the other deava came. She would go to him and ask him how to find Nos. He would know, he had to. It didn’t’ matter if he burned her or hurt her. For Snowburn she would take that risk.
(2,073 words)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rael came back to find Emi in a near panic. She dropped the rabbit she was holding and looked at her mate. “What’s wrong my lovely night?” When Emi just held out a paw with three BCRs on it Rael knew the problem. Moving quickly she raced to the bush and well it was mostly torn up by Emi, Rael looked anyway. She didn’t’ find the BCR but she did find a scent and a long hair that definitely didn’t belong to her mate. By now Emi was in tears and Rael knew she had to calm down her mate. “Emi.. Emi... EMI!” The last one was emphasized by a shake from Rael. As her mate looked at her shell shocked Rael sighed. “Look Eiru is haunted right?” Emi nodded. “And we left it telling others we were gonna find Lilia and show off the babies right?” Again a nod. “Then I’m sure a ghost followed us. You think our shaman would let us go without some sort of protection?” Emi just stared. “And.” Emi leaned in clearly for hope. “There is scent there. And this hair.” Rael took a moment to find the hair she dropped she would use it to stalk down whoever took her baby. Then she would rip them apart into so many small pieces that not even Sahmain would be able to talk to the ghosts. Emi was shaking but nodded. Rael didn’t’ think it was good to bring Emi along for this, but how could she just leave her shaking scared mate alone here?

It had taken a while to calm Emi down but now the pair were on the hunt. Emi was holding onto the other BCRs and her face while stricken was determined. Rael was in full hunter mode and had the stray hair in her mouth so she wouldn’t lose it. When the day had passed they still hadn’t found the culprit. She didn’t know how close she was but she couldn’t let on to her frustration. To do so would make Emi spiral downhill and that was the last thing Rael wanted. Her throat was tight with unshed tears, yet she had to hold them back. Life was cruel like that. That night she curled around Emi and held her close and actually feared for her for the first time ever. The sooner she got her baby back and got back to the tribe with Emi the better.

A few days later she crossed a burned patch of land. The smell of ash and char made her choke, or maybe that was the hair shifting in her mouth? Either way she really didn’t like it. It looked like the grounded was burned in a few different places and judging from the patterns it had to be a deava. The strange scent was still in the area but it was faded and hard to tell with the ash of burned plants. Rael hoped she wasn’t leading Emi and her other children into danger. Sending Emi back now would be the wise course of action. As Rael turned to tell Emi to head back to the tribe the words wouldn’t come out. Emi had as much right to be here as she did, and if the deava was helping then sending Emi flying out alone would be a stupid thing to do. Rael shivered. Send her mate away and risk danger, or keep her close and lead her into danger? Both were appalling choices. Rael turned back to the ground and focused on the scent. It was still there. Perhaps the deava was a coincidence? Rael hoped that her child was ok. That’s all she wanted. She didn’t’ care about the thief. In fact she hoped that thief suffered and burned. She growled as she tracked. The sounds of Emi behind her only drove her harder.

The scent of her BCR was still there which gave her hope. Rael raced on full tilt until she came to a clearing. In the clearing sat a deava who was draped in a cloak. On his paw was her child! She stared unbelieving but a sob from Emi brought her back to reality. The deava was staring at them both now. “Hey you!” There was something off. The scent was wrong. “That BCR, where did you get it?” She swallowed hoping he wasn’t going to be a pain. It was her baby on his paw and it was clear enough that it was. Rael had to hold Emi in place so that she didn’t’ charge the male in a rush to get her baby back. Emi still had the other BCRs on her paw and Rael didn’t want her or the babies to be burned. “Emi” She hissed in her ear. “Stop it! Let me handle this.” Emi was still sobbing but she was collapsed on herself holding the other three babies close. The deava made no move to come closer but instead was looking at the BCR.
“Well now. I suppose I could lie and say that this is mine, but I think we both know better. It looks rather like that one.” He was pointing to Emi now. “And judging from the spite you are looking at me with, I’d guess she is your friend?” Rael said noting. “Oh is it more then? How cute. Well then I should tell you this BCR was given to me by a fox that owed me a debt.” Her heart was thumping in her chest so hard and her mouth was dry. Blinking fast she waited for more. “In fact it was to carry the debt where that fox could not. Still I couldn’t’ enslave a child so I let the fox find a new way to carry the debt.” He was chuckling now as he slid the BCR off. “You want this?” Emi started to move forward again and Rael held her back. Her face was clearly enough because the male set down the BCR on the ground and stood up backing away from it. “Come now. I won’t burn you. I burn the grass to get rid of bugs, but I don’t burn lovely ladies. Or those with children.” Rael crept closer and Emi was right next to her. By the time she reached the BCRs she was staring the deava in the eyes and he was just foot away. He never moved and more terrifying he never seemed to blink looking at them. With a quick swipe she scooped up her child. “Thank you.” The words were rocks in her mouth that she had to fumble to get out. He just grinned at her. “Not a problem. I’m not such a monster. Though I did knowing take a stolen child, because I didn’t feel it should be left with the thief. On this matter I think we can agree?” Rael didn’t agree. She wanted the thief’s name so she could devour them and make them suffer. Still she said nothing and backed away with Emi next to her fussing over the child. The deava just shrugged and let. Rael called out for him to stop but he didn’t. In fact he just kept flying away and Rael was pretty sure he could still hear. She turned to see Emi curled up around the BCR and went to console her mate. “See look we have the little one back” She curled around Emi and tugged her close to hold her whole family.

The next day she found herself wrapped up tight next to Emi. It must have been hard to breath as tight as Rael was holding. Between them Emi’s paws holding onto their precious children. “Emi my glorious night.” Gently she coaxed Emi awake. They had made good distance away from the deava’s field and the water where their child had been stolen from. “Emi I know that you wanted to take the BCRs to see Lilia, but I think we should head back to the tribe only. Maybe send a message to Lilia and see if she can’t come and see them?” A part of Rael expected Emi to balk at the idea or to insist on seeing Lilia after all Emi and Lilia had grown up as close as sisters from what she could tell. Still she wanted, no needed to keep Emi AND her children safe even if that meant some restriction of movement. To her surprise Emi nodded and cuddled closer to Rael. Rael thought over the past few days and the trauma that she had experienced. It had made her angry and fearful and even ashamed she couldn’t protect her mate. Emi must have been worried and blaming herself for what happened to their children. Rael knew her mate’s heart better than anyone else alive and so she knew how painful all this was for her. “There there love. I’ll be with you always. You know that. It’s not your fault what happened and we’re going to head home now ok?” She could see tears welling up in Emi’s eyes and even though there had been so many tears shed recently she didn’t want to stop Emi from letting go. It was painful and helped her mate to heal. Still sitting wasn’t an option because Rael would not feel safe until Emi was back in the tribe lands and had Itov or someone about in case she was in trouble. “Come now my glorious night. It’s a long flight back to the tribe and if we don’t start we won’t make it in time.” Leaning forward she kissed Rael softly keeping back the darker emotions of the past few days. Emi needed light things around her to keep her happy and no matter how angry Rael was or how much she wanted to hunt down and kill the thief she couldn’t. Emi came first. The dealing with the thief could wait until later when things had settled down. Looking about for the hair so that she could keep it as a reminder Rael realized she didn’t see it anywhere. The only time she had taken it out of her mouth was talking to that deava, after all talking with a hair in the mouth usually leads to gaging. Still she couldn’t’ quite remember what happened to it after that. She glanced around and didn’t’ see it anywhere in easy sight and didn’t want to bring it up to Emi and cause her already once paniced mate into a relapse of some kind.

Thankfully the journey back to the tribe lands was soft and easy going. Emi recovered quickly from the danger and was doing well. Though on the way home they had established a rule that one parent would have the children on them if the other was out hunting or bathing. They had been foolish to let one hunt and one do other activities thinking just hiding the BCRs was enough. When they got back to the tribe they told Sahmain what happened as well as how it came to be that the BCRs were returned to them. They had no idea the deava who gave the BCRs back but they took the time to describe him in as much detail as they could. Rael also took the time to describe the hair from the thief as best she could. She didn’t know if it would have any bearing on anything but she wanted anyone who ventured from the tribe to at least know what could happen. Once back in the safety of the tribe Rael actually felt herself relax. Here she was safe, Emi was safe, and their children where safe. The whole tribe would protect them not to mention the very dangers of the land to those who didn’t know of them. Here she and Emi would stay and while others would come to visit them, Rael didn’t foresee either of them or their kits venturing out into the wider world for quite some time.

(2,048 words)  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm
Curling her paws under her Kyanite thought over her actions and the resulting conversation with Nos when she had found him with the other deava male she had met before.

She hadn’t expected to find them nor was she sure what she had stumbled into. The clearing had been singed recently too. Kyanite had been ready to sneak around away from the burned smell when she heard Nos’s voice, rather his laugh. Having been teased by him for years she understood that laugh. He was mocking someone. When she opened her eyes and saw the tri colored deava male from before a part of her hoped he would snap back and yell or try and hurt Nos. Then perhaps if Nos was gone she would all her problems solved. To her horror though she watched as the other male only shook his head yelled something at Nos that she didn’t really catch then take off. She inwardly was let down but with a heavy burden on her shoulders had trudged forward to Nos. Her eyes were open having just seen all that had transpired and she was sure that Nos looked surprised to see her. “Well now little gem what a pleasure it is to see you. What have you got there?” Kyanite didn’t speak until she was closer but her mind was awhirl with thoughts on how to present her case and her idea. She was feeling ill and had been since she took the BCR from its hiding spot. She felt like she was watched and stalked even if she saw no signs of pursuit. Surely the parent must have found the child gone by now? Was the phim following her even now? Or did they think the child eaten? Kyanite was ashamed of what she had done and had even apologized to the BCR whispering to it when she curled up to rest on her trip back. All of it was a scar on her heart facing Nos. The smirk on his face was irritating like he could see into her heart and read all she had done. It was for Snow. It was all for Snow. That was the mantra that Kyanite kept running threw her mind. She set the BCR down by her paws and looked Nos in the eyes. “You said if I found a fox to help me carry the burden you would split it.” She looked at the BCR and then at Nos pointedly. “There is a fox.” The snort from Nos graded her fur. “That is a child that hasn’t even seen the light of day yet. Tell me was it given to you or did you actually take it, perhaps found it?” She hated herself but couldn’t bring herself to lie. “I stole the child.” Hearing this the deava laughed at her. “Really you? I find that so hard to believe…. Still it does make me think. If you would go this far to help your mate perhaps you might be able to carry the weight of two burdens.” That grin on his face made Kyanite want to bite him. “Tell you what you can carry both burdens owed to me and I won’t even add another, after all you are going to carry this burden of deed for the rest of your life and I doubt your mate would approve even if it was for her own sake.” Kyanite gasped and looked at him not sure if he was telling the truth. She didn’t have to indenture the BCR? She lowered her maw to grasp it filled with light at the idea of being able to return it to its parent when a blood stained paw covered it. “This however stays with me. I think you’ve done enough here.” Cold water rushed her veins as she looked up at him. There was no smile or humor there. He meant to keep the kit. She would carry the burdens alone but the kit would face only who knew what with Nos. She was still looking him in the eyes as she heard the small snaps of burned grass where his paw was dragging the BCR toward him. She knew she couldn’t fight him so she backed off. Small steps back but it seemed to satisfy him knowing she wasn’t going to fight him. “Run along home now little gem. I have some parents to find. Or perhaps they’ll come here… “ He hummed and she didn’t know if she should believe him or not. He looked at her again with a grin. “Still here? I did just say you could run along didn’t I? Or perhaps you’d like to make a deal for this?” He moved his paw off the BCR and Kyanite simply turned and ran blindly in the direction she thought was home.

It hadn’t quite been the right direction but it had taken her close enough after a day to recognize a spot she had been before and truly start to work her way home. That had been two days ago now. The whole trip had cost her far more time than she thought possible and Snow still wasn’t back. Curled up she was in a state of self loathing that she hadn’t fought for the kit, that she had just let him take it, that she had even taken it in the first place. She knew he was stronger than her, she knew she couldn’t win, but living with this regret of her actions was painful. Flapping in the distance made her open her eyes to see the worst possible sight overhead. It was the last thing she wanted to see. As the deava dropped a rabbit next to her before landing she glared at him while really only hating herself. She closed her eyes tight and wondered if he would call in the debt now. Would it be hard? Would it be more thievery? She couldn’t do that again. But what if he told Snow about what she had done? Would Snow hate her? “Now little gem it seems to me that you don’t want to see me? And here I thought I was the bringer of good news. That kit you stole is back with its parents.” She didn’t believe him. “What’s with that sour face?” She could smell his breath as he leaned in close to whisper into her ear. “Shall I tell you what the parents looked like? Both were phims and one was a dark blue with yellow and black wings. The other was many colors and had crescent markings on her shoulders.” The blue phim was what Kyanite saw bathing! Her heart thumped in her chest and she looked at Nos with suspicion. “Did you make them promise you something to get the child back?” He pulled back and genuinely looked hurt. “Now little gem why would I do that? I’ve no reason to keep a mother weeping… well just the ones that are the most fun to tease, but that’s a tale for another time. Still I really have no wish to deal with more phim kits so making a deal was really not what I wanted so much as to get rid of it.” It was so wrong but she couldn’t help it. She laughed at the look on his face. He smiled at her reaction and she pulled a mask back over her features. “There now. That is much better. I did promise to feed you and that was a little food for the soul. The kit is back with its parents and you carry two burdens for your mate but no more and no one else suffers. Not too bad a deal?” She just stared at him. It was odd to think of Nos having a heart, but this almost seemed nice. He turned and left her walking away rather than flying. Kyanite just sat there starring after where he had left until it was nearly sundown and her body could take no more and demanded food immediately. During the trip she had gone back to eating little but now that she was home she found she hungered almost as much as when Snow took care of her. She didn’t know what to make of Nos’s gesture if it was even a kind one or not. Perhaps it was a lie? Yet he had described the bathing phim. Perhaps it was the truth but in return the debt owed to Nos would be heavy one? Kyanite didn’t know what to expect Nos to ask of her and feared it greatly. A part of her was relieved by the news of the BCR and while her actions were unforgivable to herself at least the kit was back where it belonged. May it have a long and happy life and never make deals with a monster like Nos, and more over never meet a fox in debt to him again.

Nos dropped off food for the rest of the time that Snow was away, but he never landed to talk again. It was fine by Kyanite that way. She didn’t think she could stand to talk to him again. She wanted Snow back. She had gone through a horrible ordeal for her mate and yet now her mate was gone longer than planned. It was like its own kind of punishment. Kyanite didn’t believe in curses or karma but she was about ready to start. She dragged herself to the roots of her den and curled up to sleep more. She didn’t know if it was the guilt being lifted or just knowing that Snow should be back any time but her weariness finally caught up and she slept long and hard for much of the day. The moon was high overhead by the time she woke up next. She heard laughter and while her mind wasn’t completely awake she was sure it was Snow. She dragged herself up out of the den and was greeted by only open air. The night breeze caressed her while she strained her hearing listening for Snow’s laugh. Nothing was there for her to welcome home. Snow was still gone and that weight was almost as crushing as the guilt had been.

A few more days passed before Kyanite heard the laughter of her mate that didn’t fade as soon as she went to check. Rather surprisingly the noise only grew louder and others joined it. Kyanite stayed laying were she was at the base of the den tree not wanting to risk it fading even if common sense told her the laugh was getting louder. She hardly dared to breath and peeked out from under her hair to see that dark blue she loved so much gliding down with others following right behind. “Snow.” She had so much to say and tell her mate but she couldn’t bring all that up to Snow’s family as well. Blinking back her tears she tried to put a smile on her face, but it felt so foreign to her that she simply gave up and let her face slide into a neutral position. It was the best she could manage right now. Tight down she crammed her emotions so that they couldn’t come out. She wished more than anything she could slide back into that emotionally stunted fox. It would be so much easier if she didn’t care about anyone or anything. Nos so often teased her about how feeling would be her undoing in life, how right he was. She watched as the blurred shaped colors took form as they got closer. One looked remarkably like Snowburn, it might be a sister or mother. Either way Snow was back. Kyanite dragged herself to her feet and went to her mate to hug her as soon as she would land. “Snow! I missed you so much!” She could only ever hope Snow never found out all that Kyanite would do for her; else her mate come to hate her. It would be that not guilt that would and could truly ruin her more than anything else since she started to let herself love.

(2,067 words)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 pm
14,536 word total  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
● RP Forum

Manage Your Items