Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
i can't stop laughing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold?
  [ x ]
View Results

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:15 pm
so a while ago, i made a post that was basically venting about my brother that he had told my dad (and by extension my step mom) my twin, and my mom that he was gay, and i was complaining because i didn't feel trusted and thought i did something because it was unlike him to tell all but one person and i was confused on that.

turns out he didn't tell me because he thought i knew.

i can't stop laughing at that.

like ok bro, i literally just slapped an "i don't care" label on my sexuality and deemed it as a whatever i don't care case

i am as dense as a ******** brick when it comes to sexuality when have you ever thought i was perceptive about this stuff i still make faces when people kiss in movies i am that uninterested in it over 72% of the time

tl;dr i was upset over nothing and my brother is an idiot who apparently thinks i have a gaydar of some sort  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:02 am
I'm 100% gay, but I have 0% gaydar. My gaydar absolutely sucks. So don't worry; you've got friends in the same boat.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:59 pm
lgtenos
I'm 100% gay, but I have 0% gaydar. My gaydar absolutely sucks. So don't worry; you've got friends in the same boat.

oh man i'm not alone

i have never understood gaydars though, they've just been so odd?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:22 am
In my experience, people are quick to assume that those in the LGBT community (including our heterosexual allies) have an innate "sixth sense" that allows us to detect if someone else is LGBT or not. Of course, I do support the fact that some people are far more clairvoyant than others in such regards, but I know I'm not one of them. I guess this ability, along with opinions on its truth, vary from person to person.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

CatsintheHat

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 pm
It's in the same boat as trying to figure out if someone is a specific ethnicity, the only way you can tell is by how they look and even then you can still be completely wrong considering three or four different ethnicities share practically the same skin pigment. In my experiences stereotypes carry little to no weight so the only way to know, is just ask without presumption.

The only "gaydar" i've seen is just people going into a conversation assuming someone is gay, them happening to be gay then them being like see gaydar? But typically those are the same people who see the sunrise in the morning and think it's Helios or God or whoever.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 pm
I think gaydar is something you can get by experiences. Meeting a lot of gay people from so many backgrounds and diversity helps a lot. And also curiosity.

The way how a man smiles, laughs, walks, dressed up, and many other physical appearances quality. These are what built someone's gaydar. Not a sixth sense or stuff. It's like seeing if a character of a person based on how they look or write. There's a science on that.

Therefore, you can say the quality of someone's gaydar. Is it accurate or is it inaccurate.

Based on my understanding tho.  

Amers Avenie

Super Noob

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm
Amers Avenie
I think gaydar is something you can get by experiences. Meeting a lot of gay people from so many backgrounds and diversity helps a lot. And also curiosity.

The way how a man smiles, laughs, walks, dressed up, and many other physical appearances quality. These are what built someone's gaydar. Not a sixth sense or stuff. It's like seeing if a character of a person based on how they look or write. There's a science on that.

Therefore, you can say the quality of someone's gaydar. Is it accurate or is it inaccurate.

Based on my understanding tho.

yeah, something like that for me too, on what gaydars are.

i personally don't care about having one (like i said, i honestly don't give a crap about what other people's sexuality is), but the fact that i grew up in a place where "queer" still means "odd" or "weird" might have something to do with it, haha.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games