Submit

Liisukas

Invisible Raccoon

48,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:55 pm
Tried to get in only to a one university....one subject... Didn't think I'd make it, competition was tough, but I DID. I was happy..ish....mom was extatic and everyone else were so proud. I really thought I wanted to study this but now..after 2,5 months I feel more and more that this is not for me. And it's not helping that so many of us are already dropping out and my friend, studying something else, decided to end her studies as well and work instead so she could later go and study abroad.

Sheesh....what should I do?! There really isn't anything else I'd like to study either and I would let everyone down if I'd drop out..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:25 pm
That sounds like a tough situation! This is the first time I have been on Gaia in a loooong time--I've been juggling college apps, school, work, and sports. So I know more about the applying part than the aftermath...All I can suggest is maybe getting a transfer to a different university? Sure, others may be disappointed, but I think it's best for you to get out of doing something you don't like doing while you can before you get stuck doing it for most of the rest of your life. Lots of big universities have many options that can help you figure out what you want to do, even if you don't know what you want to study as of right now.
I hope this helped and good luck! heart  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

Liisukas

Invisible Raccoon

48,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 pm
Swim47
That sounds like a tough situation! This is the first time I have been on Gaia in a loooong time--I've been juggling college apps, school, work, and sports. So I know more about the applying part than the aftermath...All I can suggest is maybe getting a transfer to a different university? Sure, others may be disappointed, but I think it's best for you to get out of doing something you don't like doing while you can before you get stuck doing it for most of the rest of your life. Lots of big universities have many options that can help you figure out what you want to do, even if you don't know what you want to study as of right now.
I hope this helped and good luck! heart

I don't think getting a transfer to another university would have helped me...besides, it's not like universities are on every corner here sweatdrop
Agreed. And that's what I did. I ended my studies for now and the plan is to start my studies again next fall. My mom was okay with my decision but I could see the disappointment in her eyes..
Now I'm trying to get a job. Oh my,not many openings and nobody wants a young person without almost any experience. gonk

And, thank you for your reply heart

We shall see what will happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:12 pm
She might be feeling disappointed, but what should matter the most is your own wellbeing. You'll do well, I'm sure!  

NozomeAkimoto

Angelic Miko

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 pm
When you have the time think about which program/subject you would like to study. In your second semester try to enroll to the course that is open to every degree (it's called option course or elective course) of the subject you are interested in... So, you can study a different subject from your major and know if you like those other subjects. Or try to talk to your program adviser how you can change program.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:33 am
Liisukas

You're welcome, and good luck finding a job. I hope you find something you like doing.  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items