Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Media
They said what ?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maheegan

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,825 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:28 pm
And this , ladies and gentlemen of a beautiful and unique nation , is why I am not comfortable around protestors against us ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBA6qlHW8po  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:51 pm
It absolutely ridiculous but it's hard to hate them with Russel Brand in there. hahaha  

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Maheegan

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,825 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:57 pm
I honestly think he's the only part I don't hate . Otherwise , this stupid thing drives me insane .
ChompIified
It absolutely ridiculous but it's hard to hate them with Russel Brand in there. hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:16 pm
Not to go into my thoughts about religion and traditionalism....but my gram believes that you'll go to hell if you don't try to convert your loved ones to your religion.

"You'll all get a chance to speak, IN HELL" - Russel Brand. Trolololol, that was beautiful.

Beautiful.

Homophobic guy gives Russel Brand a pat on the back instead of a hug. Lulz.

That vid really grinded my gears.  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Maheegan

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,825 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:23 pm
Good , because I had the same reaction . My feelings were torturing me because I was laughing , but I was also very ticked off .
retro_rage
Not to go into my thoughts about religion and traditionalism....but my gram believes that you'll go to hell if you don't try to convert your loved ones to your religion.

"You'll all get a chance to speak, IN HELL" - Russel Brand. Trolololol, that was beautiful.

Beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Yeah, my emotional reaction prevented me from typing an unsnarky, unbiased rant about it. Luckily people who are that narrow-minded are a minority in the U.S....idk if it's the same case elsewhere.
Maheegan
Good , because I had the same reaction . My feelings were torturing me because I was laughing , but I was also very ticked off .
retro_rage

Beautiful.

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Maheegan

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,825 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:35 pm
I would hope so .
retro_rage
Yeah, my emotional reaction prevented me from typing an unsnarky, unbiased rant about it. Luckily people who are that narrow-minded are a minority in the U.S....idk if it's the same case elsewhere.
Maheegan
retro_rage

Beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:44 pm
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

haha, but I don't hate the people as much as I hate their ideology...I indirectly hate them specifically because they believe that it is their duty to convert people to what they see fit....that's a little to controlling for my taste...preach all ya want, just don't go out of your way to remind me that I am a "pervert" (like they did to Russel Brand by making him a poster).  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:09 pm
I have found a suitable response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVbIr4t8png Ellen DeGeneres, dear friends  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:49 pm
retro_rage
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

haha, but I don't hate the people as much as I hate their ideology...I indirectly hate them specifically because they believe that it is their duty to convert people to what they see fit....that's a little to controlling for my taste...preach all ya want, just don't go out of your way to remind me that I am a "pervert" (like they did to Russel Brand by making him a poster).

Hahaha! I totally get where you're coming from. I guess I just don't have the capacity to hate. Except for wet socks. Gross. It irks me and I find the whole thing ridiculous and all. What's that saying? "Religion is just like a p***s, it's cool and all that you have it but not when you're trying to shove it down someone's throat." Or something like that. Haha. They're just so extreme about it and I find I find it hilarious.

And I agree with the youtube video you posted. Where's all the protesters about the goat marriage, gosh! Hahah

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:34 am
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

Hahaha! I totally get where you're coming from. I guess I just don't have the capacity to hate. Except for wet socks. Gross. It irks me and I find the whole thing ridiculous and all. What's that saying? "Religion is just like a p***s, it's cool and all that you have it but not when you're trying to shove it down someone's throat." Or something like that. Haha. They're just so extreme about it and I find I find it hilarious.

And I agree with the youtube video you posted. Where's all the protesters about the goat marriage, gosh! Hahah

I think you got the saying right. Some people might find plenty wrong with bestiality just like some people find plenty wrong with religion, and or homosexuality. It's the government's job regulate how much legal power people with those points of view have, and they do so by hopefully being properly edjumucated on those topics, and apparently by going according to their faiths and assumptions, which I find rather silly and infuriating. Regulate what the masses can do based on what you support and based on your insight. Ex: Why do you support stances like heterosexual-only marriage? "Because I disapprove of homosexuality." Why? "Because I have faith in the scriptures." "Women can prevent getting pregnant from rape" Oh rly? Where is your evidence? Are you well read on the matter? How credible are your sources? "Well I was looking at the book from the 1800's." ( emotion_facepalm

It's important that people are aware and willing to contain their non-fact based prejudices so they, specifically those who have more power in a situation (parents, government officials, etc.) can act fairly and better meet everyone's needs, and not come off as ignorant and as a-holes.

^ That gets messy when you bring religion into the picture, but, I do think that concept still applies when you are in control of what benefits millions of people receive. So government officials need to make a slight possible sacrifice in order to be fair to the masses. In some cases that sacrifice starts being open-minded when reading the latest studies on the matter - like in that case of the whole "women can prevent rape" comment.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:34 am
retro_rage
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

I think you got the saying right. Some people might find plenty wrong with bestiality just like some people find plenty wrong with religion, and or homosexuality. It's the government's job regulate how much legal power people with those points of view have, and they do so by hopefully being properly edjumucated on those topics, and apparently by going according to their faiths and assumptions, which I find rather silly and infuriating. Regulate what the masses can do based on what you support and based on your insight. Ex: Why do you support stances like heterosexual-only marriage? "Because I disapprove of homosexuality." Why? "Because I have faith in the scriptures." "Women can prevent getting pregnant from rape" Oh rly? Where is your evidence? Are you well read on the matter? How credible are your sources? "Well I was looking at the book from the 1800's." ( emotion_facepalm
It's important that people are aware and willing to contain their non-fact based prejudices so they, specifically those who have more power in a situation (parents, government officials, etc.) can act fairly and better meet everyone's needs, and not come off as ignorant and as a-holes.

^ That gets messy when you bring religion into the picture, but, I do think that concept still applies when you are in control of what benefits millions of people receive. So government officials need to make a slight possible sacrifice in order to be fair to the masses. In some cases that sacrifice starts being open-minded when reading the latest studies on the matter - like in that case of the whole "women can prevent rape" comment.

I can see you're very passionate about this topic. I was actually debating whether I should bring the quote in or not as it talks about religion and I know a lot of people, especially in an LGBT guild have strong opinions on that topic.

But anywaves, it's true that points of views are affected by someone who have a higher authority (ie. parents, government officials, etc. what you've mentioned earlier). I was doing a little research about the Westboro church awhile back and came across one of the former members of the church. She was talking about how she was taught to hate these "fags" and for almost 30 years she's lived, breathed, studied, believed it. Furthermore we can't forget about the media as it is everywhere. Although I don't really want to go into any details about it right now.

And I could hardly call "being open minded" a sacrifice, I mean like what do the have to lose? Hatred? Ignorance? But I understand where you're coming from. And I apologize if any of these don't make sense. Midnight and I'm supertired from work haha c:  

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 am
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

I can see you're very passionate about this topic. I was actually debating whether I should bring the quote in or not as it talks about religion and I know a lot of people, especially in an LGBT guild have strong opinions on that topic.

But anywaves, it's true that points of views are affected by someone who have a higher authority (ie. parents, government officials, etc. what you've mentioned earlier). I was doing a little research about the Westboro church awhile back and came across one of the former members of the church. She was talking about how she was taught to hate these "fags" and for almost 30 years she's lived, breathed, studied, believed it. Furthermore we can't forget about the media as it is everywhere. Although I don't really want to go into any details about it right now.

And I could hardly call "being open minded" a sacrifice, I mean like what do the have to lose? Hatred? Ignorance? But I understand where you're coming from. And I apologize if any of these don't make sense. Midnight and I'm supertired from work haha c:
No you did make sense...but then again I just woke up and I'm super tired, lol. If you are narrow-minded and switch to being open-minded you lose the ability to only think your way. It could sort of be like living in cozy familiar bubble and then deciding to let other people inside of that cozy bubble, I imagine. Habits are bad to break, basically.
The media plays a big role, and we effect what the media decides to dish out to us. The same concept applies to the quality of food we buy and the amount of pollution we create. I guess in these cases it is everyone's responsibility, but many people do not realize or do not want to realize that they have these responsibilities or that they play that big of a role in things...which brings me back to the narrow-minded comment.
I hope my comments don't go against tos or the guild rules. I'll check 'em out now.
PS: I think my comments were okay...as long as they are not highly offensive to others.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 pm
retro_rage
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified
retro_rage
ChompIified

Maybe for you. smile
My reaction

User Image

No you did make sense...but then again I just woke up and I'm super tired, lol. If you are narrow-minded and switch to being open-minded you lose the ability to only think your way. It could sort of be like living in cozy familiar bubble and then deciding to let other people inside of that cozy bubble, I imagine. Habits are bad to break, basically.
The media plays a big role, and we effect what the media decides to dish out to us. The same concept applies to the quality of food we buy and the amount of pollution we create. I guess in these cases it is everyone's responsibility, but many people do not realize or do not want to realize that they have these responsibilities or that they play that big of a role in things...which brings me back to the narrow-minded comment.
I hope my comments don't go against tos or the guild rules. I'll check 'em out now.
PS: I think my comments were okay...as long as they are not highly offensive to others.

Sorry, it took me awhale to respond. Life has been crazy and yes like I've mentioned earlier, I totally understand where you're coming from. I just found it silly, is all. hahah In the end it all comes back to us, huh? ;P And sorry if this is a shorter, I'm also in a hurry.  

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items