Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Because you here may have known me longer...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mizuno Aoi

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 am
I've been thinking about getting my ears pierced. I know, right? Should I? Does it really matter in this day and age? Have you? Where did you get it done? Are you happy with the result?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:35 pm
I've been trying to get my husband to pierce his! I think it's very becoming for anyone. His father and little brother have theirs pierced too. I think only on one ear - not sure which one. Hubby is afraid to get it done for 2 reasons. The pain he thinks he'll feel, and the scarring in the instance that he might not want it anymore. The scarring is really no big deal. A small tiny dot is barely noticeable. And it only stings for the first moment. Don't touch them after some time, and they wont get infected.

I got mine pierced when I was 6 at a mall kiosk (initially I had my ears pierced when I was a baby, but my parents said I kept pulling on them, so they removed them). I think the main reason I did it was because my cousin (a male, 2 years older than I am), who I looked up to asked for one and got a piercing on one of his ears. After that though, it became more of a fashion thing for me. When I was about 12 or 13, I got a third piercing on my right ear - just a little above the first. This time I had my aunt do it. She had the same special gun that was used at the mall kiosk to puncture earring holes. It used to seem like more of a common thing for females to do, but I always admired earrings on men for that reason, more so than it actually just looking really good on people in general.

It's been a long time since I've worn earrings, but I've slowly been getting back into it. I got these cute little Lightsaber earrings as a present for my birthday this year that I like wearing.

Go for it! =D

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:25 am
User Image

I have three sets of piercings in my ears (all on the lobes) done with a gun, but if you want something on the cartilage, they'll need to use a needle to puncture through since a gun would shatter the cartilage and could cause permanent damage.

I would avoid going to a kiosk, since they tend to get a bit lazy and may not take all of the precautions they should. I got my first set done at a boutique in one area when I was 11, and then the other two were down at an esthetician in a different location a few months apart about a year ago. All were professionally trained for the job and worked wonderfully.

My advice would be to check it out when they first draw on the dots (to mark where they'll make the hole) since the woman who did my sister's piercings did it crooked and put one way lower. She couldn't wear any heavy earrings for fear of them ripping right out.

Other then that, I say go for it. I love having my ears pierced. So long as you keep up a thorough cleaning routine to make sure not to get them infected, everything should be fine.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 pm
I never got my ears pierced. emotion_0A0 And now I feel like there's no point because it's too late, lol. Maybe that's why I was never much of an accessories girl.  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Mizuno Aoi

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 am
<.<

>.>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_g52QeAw6sjaENlYnJrQjlMdGc/edit?usp=sharing

3mm cobalt blue titanium starters.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 pm
I got my ears pierced for my18th birthday, at Claire's.

They said it wouldn't hurt much.

they said it would only sting a little,

but it burned like a motherfricker.

Fortunately though there were two people working that day,
so i got both ears done at once it happened pretty fast but hurt for a while.

im doing your sister

Shameless Ladykiller

12,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Water God Ninia

Ice-Cold Visionary

17,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:33 am
i had mine pierced when i was a baby or something
but i don't use or like earrings

do whatever your heart desires.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 am

You would get a metal with a color like that xD
I think it looks really elegant! Not even too elegant for a guy earring too!
That piercing looks really low though. It should be at least a centimeter higher, and probably a centimeter more to the right as well, though the latter isn't really necessary.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
TinierMe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers