Submit

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:07 am
Lyekka
Poppetta
Wow, responses. :O

I've been on a fact-finding mission to get some info about what's happening on here now, oh gosh sweatdrop Yesterday I got informed by several people about the gold generator items and what those have done to the economy. I'm horrified. I don't see how the site can survive this. It's just... eek

werd.

Hmmm... not sure how to explain this. I have made 4 posts in this guild
and the last one was on "Sun 08/29/10 at 10:24 PM. It's never easy being
a yoda old gaian trying to make your way in the world.

So where's the party at in guilds anymore ?

Every place is a ghost town now and I don't feel it my personal
responsibility to make up for the difference. I keep thinking there's
enough over 30 gaians that maybe there could be one guild with
steady traffic. Tell me if you find a happening spot.

I'm Lyekka and this is hello I guess. Maybe I'll bug you with a PM.

Since the only thing I really do on here is spread music link bumps
it would only be appropriate that I leave one now whee

Here's something springtime by a new Indy Electronic Pop Producer
that I have fallen in love with:

SOPHIE - BIPP (out on Numbers) <333333

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SOPHIE - NOTHING MORE TO SAY <333333

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Guild parties? Not so sure about those, but I'm aware of at least a few guilds that are quite active in response to the overwhelming rise in inflation here at Gaia:

T3h Vending Guild ~ A vending guild.
Revolution: Gaia ~ A friendly protest guild.
Loyal's Bazaar ~ A [new] guild for loyal Gaians, and it's counterpart store ...
Loyal's Bazaar ~ A [goldsink] store featuring recolored items.

At any rate, welcome back to GGG, and thanks for the music links! Speaking of music, GGG has a music room forum found HERE. And if you're interested, we'd love to have you keep it alive with your fav music links!
4laugh

Edited  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 am
User Image
The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown
Hi!!!!! I'm Back! I havent been on for at least 2 years. the last I was on I was still prego with my youngest.  

Veunus Rahl

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Poppetta

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:12 pm
It's good to see there's a few Geezers still around! The crew's still breathing, just. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:19 am
Poppetta
It's good to see there's a few Geezers still around! The crew's still breathing, just. ninja

*Takes in a deep breath through the nose, then slowly exhales out the mouth.* Yep, still breathing here. whee  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Poppetta

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:37 am
In a way I wish I was still into Gaia like I used to be, because I certainly miss how much fun this guild was! But then again, with all the rubbish with gold generators, and Tentacl and everything, I'm kind of relieved that I'm not.

It's really sad to see what happens to somewhere that was someone's dream come to fruition, once it's owned by people who care about nothing but the bottom line, isn't it. : / Thing is, if Gaia had started out as a corperate money machine, no-one would care, but that's the way of the world, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 pm
Poppetta
In a way I wish I was still into Gaia like I used to be, because I certainly miss how much fun this guild was! But then again, with all the rubbish with gold generators, and Tentacl and everything, I'm kind of relieved that I'm not.

It's really sad to see what happens to somewhere that was someone's dream come to fruition, once it's owned by people who care about nothing but the bottom line, isn't it. : / Thing is, if Gaia had started out as a corperate money machine, no-one would care, but that's the way of the world, isn't it?
Times are changing, but it seems not for the greater good other than the higher up's in Gaia.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Poppetta

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:42 pm
Ain't that the truth! It seems a lot of people are still totally happy with how things are on here though.

Hmm, or maybe a better way of putting it might be...people haven't found somewhere else they'd rather be. You stay loyal to somewhere for a long time when you're going to be giving up a load of stuff if you quit, don't you. Most people stay somewhere until the powers that be step over their personal line in the sand.

How are you guys who are still here doing anyway? I've just been looking through the shops, taking a look at the stuff I haven't seen...good god the new stuff is hideously expensive. eek I see the shoes are still massive, too. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm
Hi, I just came back a couple weeks ago myself after being away for...uh...I dunno, and I'm too tired to check. A few weeks after my last journal post as Sacred Angeleus. A name I can never have back as that email address is long gone and it's just easier to start from scratch.
In any (and many) event, it's been a few years.

I too was floored at the inflation rate. First thought: "Gaian Bread & T.P. lines...rubels what?"

However, I get it. The kids, and lets face it, the overlords were kids when they started Gaia, in terms of internets moneys, they got the golden ticket. Gaia is huge, now corporate, and generates actual income. Sure, the ads are more than what we had back in '04, or even '07, but that's life in a Capitalist society. And yes, there is an urge to spend real money to buy fake gold. Why? Because the overlords can always make more gold, it's pixels and means little, whereas if we buy fake gold, they make real money and can stop eating Ramen because they have to. They can eat ramen because they want to!

Love the massive shoes! Oh, and hate the I'm brand new avatar choices. very upsetting...

Balveniesweet

Aged Gaian

Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas