Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Apparently, I'm the "straightest gay guy" ever. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luigi Ragazzo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 pm
ppl get surprised when I tell them I´m gay.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:24 pm
                i'm the least sexual person in my family. we were watching the opening ceremony, and my sister was pointing out all these athletes who she thought were cute, my mom even pointed out one person.

i was just sort of sitting there digging the middle aged korean guy's circular glasses and shaun white's haircut.

my dad's convinced i'm ace or w/e, and before that he was in the "i wouldn't be surprised if you're a lesbian" and it's like?? THANKS DAD.

apparently it's surprising that i'm just not interested all that much in dating? idk, man.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

chrisahari_AMC

Fuzzy Man-Lover

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:30 am
My friend tells me that all the time, he even forgets I'm gay a lot.
He might accidentally bring up women in the conversation, and I laugh. He goes "Oh I forgot." Then he laughs.
While I don't fit the stereotypes, I still fit the definition, so it does get frustrating every now and then.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 pm
okay see this kind of stuff annoys me because when people say stuff like that I'm just
no
no, friend
I am gay and therefore everything I do is like a gay guy. I breathe like a gay guy. I eat like a gay guy. I exist like a gay guy because I AM a gay guy.

I get they mean I don't fit stereotypes, but that doesn't mean I act like a "straight guy." no, I act like a gay guy who doesn't follow gay stereotypes. my homosexuality really plays no part on my personality, though my experiences and the way I have been treated for being gay do, it's not the gayness itself that affects me. gay isn't a personality type, and neither is straight.

another thing that annoys me is that when someone says it, they're usually trying to say it as a compliment. it's just used in an attempt to cover their own prejudices, like "I'm okay with gay people as long as they don't act the way I think gay people act so then I can pretend they're straight."

people who say that sort of stuff need to be sprayed with pumpkin spice febreeze because they are gross and most likely smell

debinoresu

Winner

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:21 pm
For shits and giggles, a few years back I took a quiz to see how gay I am. I wouldn't have been interested normally, but my lesbian aunt took it and got a pretty low score.
I got a higher rating that my lesbian aunt, and I'm straight. Needless to say I found this hilarious.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm
lgtenos

* I do Mixed Martial Arts.
* I was a firefighter.
* I was in the U.S. Army.
* I like country music.
* I play first-person shooter video games.
* I drive a truck.

Hi there...you single smile

Back on topic - I hate it when my mates, or friends of friends claim: 'Oh you're gay, such a waste.' I hate that, being labelled as a 'waste.'
If they knew what I can do with my mouth they wouldn't be calling me that.
So I don't think I've been directly called 'the straightest gay guy' (as far as i can recall, although i have been called one of the 'lads') but I do wonder if people assume I'm straight and therefore make the 'waste' comment when they discover I'm the King of Fairyland.  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 pm
Australian Igloo
Hi there...you single smile

Sorry, I'm taken. Thank you for asking though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:09 pm
My fiance likes to joke that I'm fake bi because I'm not dating a woman.

I agree and tell him I'm a lesbian and he's my cover.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:03 pm
I've been told that by what friends I've came out to (which aren't many since I only recently and fully came to terms with it). Rather annoying actually, imo.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:32 am
Everytime I get a person who says..."OMG YOUR GAY".

I ask them, "YOU MEAN IM SUPPOSED TO LOOK A CERTAIN WAY?"

Since when is their a gay look?

Ppl are stupid.  

Maikus

Man-Hungry Bunny

10,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items