Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Friends with your Ex Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chaoskaye

Obsessive Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:14 am
I'm only friends with one of my ex's and we honestly don't even talk all that often. My first relationship was rather abusive so I ended up blocking her out of my life, besides the occasional phone call consisting of me telling her to leave me alone. My technically second relationship ended up with her dropping me out of her life after some events occurred, I do wish we could of stayed friends because she was my best friend but things didn't work out that way.
As for my fiancee keeping in contact with her ex's, I don't mind unless they try to break us up or do something equally bad. Only one of her ex's tried pulling this, and then played the guilt trip game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 am
I have 2 exes.
One i am not friends with and never want to see/have contact with again. ( Tldr, he cheated on me and was surprised i kicked him to the curb when i found out) I couldn't trust him even as a friend and am much happier without him around.

The other ex was and still is one of my best friends. She moved away for a while and we lost contact, but she is back up this way and we keep regular contact. I won't lie...there is some sexual tension with this one, but we have like 10+ years of friendship (as opposed to less then a year of dating) so I can deal with that.  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:05 pm
I only have one ex, and I don't talk to her at all anymore. We stayed friends for a bit, but then she started to creep me the ******** out so I stopped talking to her altogether. Basically she sent me a text about something pretty trivial and then flipped out and sent me weird texts saying she was driving up to see me immediately because I didn't answer her. It freaked me out that she reacted like that so I just stopped talking to her completely.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 pm
lgtenos
Here's an interesting topic to discuss: Are you friends with your Ex(s)?

I am. I have two Ex's. My first Ex is in the military, so it's tough to keep in contact. However, we do manage to message each other every now and then through Facebook (I do care for his safety). My second Ex lives about an hour away. We talk from time to time; in fact, we had lunch a few months ago just to catch up on things. My current boyfriend is very trusting and is okay with me maintaining connections with my Ex's. In my point of view, my Ex's were once my best friends. I personally do not see a reason why I can't or shouldn't uphold friendships with them. I stand firm to the whole "I'm an adult and I can talk to whoever I want" ideal.

Now, I understand that some relationships go sour and maintaining connections simply isn't in the picture. Those situations obviously do not fit the paradigm I'm referring to. Rather, I'm saying that relationships that end on mutual or amicable terms can indeed foster friendships even beyond the term of said relationship. To each their own, but my Ex's are my friends, and will remain as such.

Your turn (if applicable).
One of my exs is one of my best friends in the whole world. We train together and still go on road trips to tournaments on a regular basis. Break up was pretty hard on him but it was on good terms and we took a awhile to have our own space before hanging out again.

Another ex and I were good friends but he ended up enlisting and we kinda fell out of touch.
Another of my exs I don't really talk to much we didn't really have a lot in common other than we were both horny gay highschoolers. It was one of those weird situations where we dated but we only really met up for hanky panky. I haven't heard from him for like 5 years  

Raleigh_Ronin

Dark_Contortion

Mewling Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:34 pm
I've tried to be friends with one of my exes but she didn't seem to be ok with it. I introduced her to the idea but she felt uncomfortable with it, we had to get each other out of our lives. I can't be friends with my other exes though, my splits with them were too much for me to handle.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:58 pm
Never had a BF before. cant say nothing. But, if i did have an Ex, it depends how things goes and why we split off i guess.  

Shaun Laurent

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Krist0ff

Tipsy Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:48 pm
I'm only been in one relationship, and he and I broke up roughly 2 years ago. The first year and a half or so were..rough. We pretty much ignored each other completely. Now we're closer than ever, and content with being just good, dorky friends. Dating again is a complicated subject..when we were originally together, it was before I identified as male, and he is straight. Gahh, I'm rambling, but yes we're on good terms, once we got past that rough patch of awkwardness  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:10 am
I've only remained friends with two of my exes, the other four I just couldn't for different reasons and one isn't even worth mentioning as an ex because she just typically used me as a rebound to get over her ex to whom she isn't even over him at all and now she's using this other person in two ways though, to make me jealous and as a rebound to her ex. It's really sad, I don't hate her for it, I just pity her.  

morgus creep

Waffles

Cute FluffyPrincess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:03 pm
I have had only one relationship which ended about a month ago, (lasted from December 24th-March 10). He ended it, and he said he doesn't believe in remaining friends with exes.

Which, is painful for me...as he was my first everything...so it would have been great to remain on good terms with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm
I just don't think you'd be friends with an ex i have an ex bf he's on gaia sometimes he texts me stupid stuff and i just ignore it it feels weird now my sister tells me are you still friends he used to be one of my friends in high school we'd hung out and chill but he never asked me out he dated almost all my best friends and my best friend jilly went out with him and i was like why do you do this and i was his first in sex and it got all weird. my first ex bf Peter we don't talk anymore i hate him he cheated on me in the first 9 months that we were together he did drugs and i found out he was sleeping with one of my friends and she told me and called me one day saying that she slept with peter and was really sorry but i called him a slut and how can you do this to me he propsed to me without a ring couldn't afford one. flirted with other girls when i was in the bathroom and i knew about it. i just can't believe i spent almost 2 and a half years with the ba stard i hate him i just i wish he was dead he kept texting me about a year after we broke up saying i love you babe i miss you come up there and see ME and i'm like NO it's over i am with someone else and he makes me happy. i am still friends with my ex gf i still love her but she is with someone else now i never got the chance to meet her yet but we will someday and she is an amazing person. She is one of my closests friends.  

days we loose

Unbeatable Werewolf

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:52 am
I agree with a few people on here that it's at times a good idea to keep in touch with your ex. Not so that if your current relationship gets bad you have someone to cheat on them with but more of you two were friends and even though you aren't dating you basically know each other like the back of your hand.

With me I lost contact of my most resent ex, the person I dated before that and I are still friends and I completely forgot the name and how exactly our relationship was with my first ex (obviously not that great since we broke up, but still, you tend to forget who people are after about 5-6 years of not having contact with them even though the back up system for your phone keeps putting their name into your contact list)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm
I'm friends with my ex, yeah.
He was actually the first person I told I was bisexual. He was fine with it, I think, since we're still friends.

ThetrueLia

Hygienic Fatcat

intense cooter pain

Shameless Fatcat

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 pm
So this is going to be awkward to confess, but when I was in middle school, I dated a girl even though I identify as straight now (just a personal preference)
To save time, we did have a thing and we did break up, but we still remain (sort of) friends about 4 years after everything.
I guess it just depends on what happened between two people and what they feel is best to do. I'm not friends with a different ex and don't really remember what made us split but I still remember stuff about him which is weird.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm
I'm friends with a few "exes", if you could call them that per se.
I told one guy, who I don't really think I had "dated" exactly, though I guess you could call it that, that I wanted a break but I was still okay with maintaining a friendship, but I sort of didn't, mainly because I didn't really know how.
I'm still very good friends with a guy I used to have the hugest crush on.
I also still talk to a childhood friend who I married when I was three or four.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

blue burrow

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:21 pm
Honestly I really admire people who can keep in touch with their exes, but I'm just not one of those people.

Seeing and talking to them tends to stir up a lot of memories and feelings, and it tends to hurt a bit when they move on to someone new. In my case, it's a lot easier to step back from the relationship and just remember the good times.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff