Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Should people tell other people to kill themselves?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoSaintKira

Ruthless Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 pm
As seeing as some have other opinions I am posting this here.

In my opinion it is not okay to tell someone to kill themselves or even support someone who does..

Debate here :>  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm
Im... Idk. All over the place with this. I think anyone who realizes the impact telling someone to off themselves can have, is against doing so. But in a joking manner as long as its blatanly not serious, is sometimes alright. BUT ONWARD
I can't even stand when someone who has commited suicide is publicized. I understand the family mourning and wanting support, but when things go viral, like Amanda Todd for example(bad example lol), I can't stand it. All that does is show already depressed young people that commiting suicide can make them famous. They already want to off themselves, don't give them more of a reason to lol.
Telling someone to kill themselves in a serious manner is extremely harmful to many people. Its not right D:  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:24 pm
No, it's not okay and it never will be for any reason.

I don't like hearing people say things like that in any manner. You can always say something else or just stay quiet, it's not right to tell someone that they should be dead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:38 pm
No, its never okay. If someone is harassing you or whatever, telling them to kill themselves is never okay. Two wrongs don’t make a right. If its two friends who know they are both joking that’s different but I feel like you shouldn’t joke that way with someone in a public place where people can read. People become brave behind a screen  

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

dainty oddy

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 pm
seeing as how i'm a really sensitive person, it's never okay to tell someone to kill themselves. even if it's a joke. i guess for me it's bc suicide is not something that is even remotely funny. i also knew people that passed away because they committed suicide, which makes it sort of a touchy subject for me already. i don't even understand how people can talk about suicide jokingly. is it like :

"hey, listen to this song. do you like it?"

"wat omg nO ur stupid sit down n kill yourself haha jk"

because i don't find that funny at all.
but i guess it depends on the people you talk too. everyone has a different sense of humor, so some people may understand that being told to kill themselves as a joke is funny, while others won't.
but telling someone to kill themselves and genuinely meaning it is horrible.
o n o

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff