Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What is your favorite Con?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 am
Big question for everyone. What is your favorite anime or cosplay convention and why. I've noticed going through the sub forums that their are more cons in the United States and other countries that I can count. Also I noticed that some cosplayers and convention goers have been to cons all over the nation.

My favorite con to go to is Jafax in Allendale, Michigan.
Jafax is located on the Grand Valley State Allendale campus. It's just West of Grand Rapids in case you're curious. I like it the most for many reasons:

1. It's a mid size con. I get lost at Youmacon in Downtown Detroit.
2. It has some of the most friendly and fun loving people that I have ever seen at a con. Everyone their has a great time. smile
3. The Allendale campus is a dream for Cosplay photographers like myself. Their are so many wonderful spots for great photo taking. My favorite places is a nearby woods with a bridge that crosses a small valley. A beautiful fountain in the center of campus. Also many artistic sculptures in an area near a large clock tower.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:43 pm
mine would have to be Anime Los Angeles, mid size, people actually talk, not so many things going on that I get lost, hotel is the same building so I don't have to go far, fair price  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:07 am
Extreme Cuddler
mine would have to be Anime Los Angeles, mid size, people actually talk, not so many things going on that I get lost, hotel is the same building so I don't have to go far, fair price

Sounds nice. If I'm in LA when their con is going on I wouldn't mind checking it out. Shutocon in Lansing Michigan is a mid sized con which part of it is in the Lansing Radission Hotel and a covered pedestrian bridge takes you across the Grand River to the Lansing Convention Center where the rest of the con is. Using the bridge is much better than going back and forth outside and I got some nice pics in it. smile  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games