Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Am I weird?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm
I'm a bisexual male...have identified as such for almost 10 years. I feel more like a woman though in many ways...socially, I like fashion (socially meaning most male...males don't care about fashion) I like women's clothing more then men's, I wear my hair quite longer then most males, I like wearing lipstick and other things. I don't feel that I should have been a woman. So here's my question...I was not born a tran in any aspect...but I feel female. I have never explored cross-dressing but I wear a bondage kilt every so often when I go out clubbing...am I weird?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
I'm a bisexual male...have identified as such for almost 10 years. I feel more like a woman though in many ways...socially, I like fashion (socially meaning most male...males don't care about fashion) I like women's clothing more then men's, I wear my hair quite longer then most males, I like wearing lipstick and other things. I don't feel that I should have been a woman. So here's my question...I was not born a tran in any aspect...but I feel female. I have never explored cross-dressing but I wear a bondage kilt every so often when I go out clubbing...am I weird?

Not at all. I suggest exploring with it if you want to and see what happens.
btw, I think guys with long hair are awesome  

Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Interesting Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:20 pm
There's nothing inherently wrong with this nor conceivably wrong with it.

You're exploring your identity.

I'd like to first say that being "weird" is not necessarily a bad thing, either ;D

Because I am not you I cannot speak for you but my guess is that while biologically male you instead identify more so with the female gender.

Simply put you're probably more genderqueer than anything. Whereas cisgender would be for example me, someone born a male and identifies as such, a genderqueer is anyone who falls outside of the binary.

The reason I could say you're genderqueer rather than transgender is because you don't seem to express an overt embodiment of the female gender, in that while you maybe sympathize more with the female gender you do not in fact fully embrace it and express it within yourself.

Here is a site I stumbled upon while trying to answer your question.

I'm no expert on gender or sexuality and I don't pretend to be one, I don't much understand it anymore than you do, but I do hope I helped aleviate some of your confusion or misunderstanding biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:15 pm
You're not weird at all. The whole idea of someone being "weird" because they are "different" is a negative idea in itself. You are original, and for that you should feel super!

Dress as you wish, be as you wish, be as fashionable as you wish. You are yourself and you should push yourself as much as your surroundings may so allow. The main reasons I hold back a lot is due to my job (business professional with a single "casual" day where I semi-cross), my girlfriend, and the area I live in (I don't want to get jumped).

Do as you wish and be happy. I'm here to help you whenever you may need someone to talk to. ^_^
heart  

KarenGreen

Beloved Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conversationalist 100

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:35 am
*insert standard response here*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 am
I'd rather be "weird" than "normal," to be honest.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:14 am
lgtenos
I'd rather be "weird" than "normal," to be honest.

Seconded.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 pm
You are not weird! Do some research on labels like gender fluid, gender queer, bigender, etc and see if you identify with any of them heart  

PrincessBarf

Fashionable Genius

4,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm
Thank you very much everyone! I feel much better about my insecurities!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games