Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 am
Kashti Arcus Ninniach was staring intensely at the little flower in front of him. It was a small white multipetal mess that had at first looked like it was random. Kashti originally intended to pull the vile thing out by the roots and grind it into the dirt it wasn’t fit to grow in. Then he had looked closer and was now humbled by the plant. It had a perfect skewed symmetry. What was on the right was offset by a hair’s breadth on the left. All of this because of one tiny little petal crowding one of its neighbors. Reaching delicately with his teeth he tugged on the petal and breathed a sigh of relief when it came out easily. Kashti had been worried he might pull out more than the intended petal. Smiling he beamed over his handiwork. The flower now seemed perfect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
“"Come back Mr. Bluebird! I only want to play with you~!" A fox raced after the small bird. "Oh. I know. We're playing tag. That's why you won't stop." Giggling, the female was so focused on getting the bird that she didn't see any other fox around until she almost ran into him. She dug her heels into the ground before she did though. Unfortunately, it caused her to stumble and roll head over heels. She came to a stop laying on her back.

"Oh my." Laughing, CeeCee looked at the male upside down. "I really should learn how to land huh?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Not moving and inch Kashti silently mourned the loss of the flower that was now currently crushed under the strange fox in front of him. Taking a deep breath Kashti studied the fox. She was a mismatched monstrosity, at least most of her accessories where matched. Save that loathsome singular earring. “Landing is usually the worry of those that fly. Not those that crush the perfection of symmetry of one of nature’s flowers.” He didn’t focus on her face. Nope he was focusing on her front paw accessories that while matching one another did not match her back paw anklets. It was symmetry and yet it wasn’t. A conundrum if Kashti had ever known one.
"You talk funny mister." Smiling, CeeCee hopped up. "Landing can be for when you trip to you know. Cause depending on where you tripped, you could be off the ground for a bit." She looked at the ground where she landed and saw what the male was talking about. "You mean this? It's just a flower silly. What's so special about it and symmetry? You smell flowers, and smell doesn't care about symmetry." Nevertheless, CeeCee moved away from the flower since the guy cared so much about it and studied him instead. So brightly colored! So much different than her blah look. The pinks and blues....She tried to imagine him in just those two colors and another burst of laughter flew from her mouth.
Conceding that the vixen did indeed have a point on the landing from an aerial trip Kashti said naught. He looked at her in absolute and utter horror as she spoke of symmetry like it was so mundane. He was so floored that he couldn’t even manage a reply until he heard her start laughing at him. He knew instantly what the laughter was about, his paws. As lovely and as perfect as his coat was the way his paws were ruined the symmetry of the entire look. Lifted his front stripped foot up to try and hide his own monstrosity he looked at the crushed flower and felt tears spring to his eyes. Like it he was now ugly and gruesome. Who was he to speak of the perfection of symmetry when he was like this? “The aesthetic appeal it’s all gone. Pointless.”
CeeCee frowned and crept up the the male. "Hey mister?" She poked him in the shoulder. "Heeeey. Why are you crying?" She looked at the flower then back at the male. "Is it because I squashed your flower? Did it have some sort of meaning for you? Like reminding you of a lost love or something like that?" CeeCee sat back a moment, thinking, before grinning. "I know! Let's go find you another flower just like it!"
Wanting to scream Kashti stared the vixen. She didn’t see his asymmetry? That was strange. He noticed it every time he looked down. It was the part of himself he hated the most. He dragged his mind back to what the brown one was saying. Another like it? “Impossible it had perfect symmetry, such a thing is nearly impossible to find.” He sighed deeply and set his foot down. Lost love? The only thing Kashti ever loved was symmetry.
CeeCee giggled. "Perfect symmetry? It can't be that hard to find." Why was this guy getting so worked up about symmetry? "Besides, not everything has symmetry." Geeze. This guy. The female poked him again. "Well you never know until you try silly. Come on. Up and at 'em!"
Not hard to find? Just how thick was this girl? Kashti had stared at that flower for hours analyzing every petal alone for individual symmetry before even daring to look at the overall flower. The leaves below the flower the way the stem presented itself. All of it had been perfect. Nature rarely ever produced such gems.

Laughing at the antics of the silly little grasshopper that she had been following for most of the day Darminie wandered into a patch of flowers. Distracted by them she looked around smiling. It was all so pretty. Making a loud squeezing noise she leaned down and took in a huge breath to inhale the scent. There was a flower still stuck to her nose when she looked up and around for the grasshopper she lost sight of”
CeeCee stopped poking the guy. "Geeze. You ever going to move. You're such a Debbie Downer you know that?" She leaned in close to him. "Come on! Smile! The world hasn't come to an end." She made a face, trying to get the guy to smile.
Kashti gave the vixen a face of his own but started moving simply to keep her quite. He started heading back to the first field of flowers that he had to leave in disgust since the clashing and absolute lack of symmetry was driving him nuts. Maybe he could ditch the annoying vixen off there. She would be smelling flowers and he could flee.

Squishing up her nose she used a paw to nudge the stowaway flower off. “My nose isn’t for flower growing.” She giggled as she moved onto the next flower. The air just felt so nice and light that she just wanted to dance.
"Yay~" CeeCee skipped alongside the male. "We're going flower hunting. We're going flower hunting!" She kept repeating the same sentence in a sing-songy voice until she realized something. "I guess since we might be with each other awhile we should get to know each other. I'm CeeCee."
Flower hunting? It wasn’t like the flowers moved at all. Hunting them wouldn’t be so hard. Where was the challenge? As for her name… it was interesting. Almost symmetrical, that made him smile at her name. “Hello CC. I am Kashti Arcus Ninniach.” His eye twitched and he mentally sighed as he said his name it was so.. long and gah! It annoyed him.

Hearing some singing the brown vixen started moving toward the noise. Soon she saw a couple of foxes head her way. Jumping up in the air for a moment she started to run toward them. “Hey! Hey there! Hello. Heellloooo!”
CeeCee giggled. "Hi hi hiiiii Kashti Arce-Arca-Arc-....You got a nickname? That's so long." Before she got an answer, or actually waited for an answer, CeeCee heard someone else calling hello. "Ooooo~ Someone else is here!" CeeCee skipped off, her laughter drifting behind her as she entered the flower patch.
“Kashti Arcus Ninniach.” The male stated but it was too late. The brown vixen had taken off. Briefly Kashti considered leaving. It would be so easy to just walk away now. Still how could he leave some other fox to be badgered so? What if the other fox had a perfectly symmetrical coat? He had to at least go and look.

Darminie was amazed when she saw a different version of her come up. She blinked. Those mods were so pretty! Darminie just wanted to touch them and see if the leg warmers were as warm as they looked. “Hello!“ She bounded up to the fox that looked just like her. She had at first thought it was one of her sisters that had gotten a new look, still the scent was unknown to her. This was someone completely new!
CeeCee's mouth dropped open as she saw the fox. "Oh wow!" A female that looked like here without the mods. "This is so fantastically awesome!" Squeeing, CeeCee turned around in a circle several times. "So fantastically, amazingly awesome! It's like looking in a mirror!" CeeCee giggled. "I'm CeeCee."
Symetry. It was nearly a mirror image.. Kahsti could only stare in wonder at the two vixens. If only the one would take off her accessories or the other one get some. Then it would be prefect! Oh why did the deities torment him so? Showing him what could be perfect and yet not allowing it.

“I know! It’s like having another sister!” Practically bouncing the brown vixen found it hard to contain her excitement. Oh and Ceecee seemed so nice! It was just so remarkable to meet her, and to think they didn’t even know each other yet! “I’m Darminie. OH oh! You’re C and I’m D. Isn’t’ that neat!”
CeeCee wasn't just practically bouncing. She was bouncing. "Another sister? Do you have any? Do they look like you?" CeeCee spotted the male approaching. "Hey hey! Kashti! Isn't this cool? She looks just like me!" CeeCee looked back at Darminie. "C, D....If you have sisters are they A, B, etc?"
“I can see that.” Judging from her statement it would seem CeeCee and the other vixen where not related? That was surprising. Still could this be one time like the flower that nature saw fit to give him the option of making symmetry!?! He could only pray this was the case. He decided to listen to the females conversation to see here it could go.

“oh Yes I have a LOT of sisters. Milia, Maya, and Bani. So I have two Ms and B. Oh I wish you could meet them then we’d be B,C,D and M&M. That would be awesome!“ She gave a look to the male and went right up to him oblivious to the concept of personal space. “Hey that would be cool right? Hey are you two dating or something?” Turning the brown vixen addressed her dolled up copy to see if it was the case.
CeeCee nodded estatically. "I'd love to meet them! We could have one huge party or something! Get to know each other. Or at least I get to know you all. It's be like having sisters of my own huh?" Her nodding turned to shaking at the last question. "Nope. Just met. I accidentally crushed his pretty flower so we're going hunting to find him another just like it." CeeCee looked at the flowers nearby. "This looks like a cool place to start looking huh Kashti?"
Having been watching the interaction between the vixens and noting how both of them were eager and energetic to the point it was annoying Kashti was amazed. He was so in traced that he nearly missed CeeCee’s question. “Yes?” Kashti looked over the flower field with a lump of stone in his stomach. So many unsymmetrical flowers… This place was more like a torture pit than a place to start, but it would give him more time to observe.

“Oh a party would be great! I know you’d get along with everyone just fine.” She nodded emphaticly. “oh yeah I think you’d make a great sister. It would be a blast.” She leaned close to CeeCee so that the male wouldn’t hear. “To bad, I think he’s kinda cute.” She pulled back giggling and winking. After all CeeCee was sweet enough to help him find a flower after she accidently squished his other one. Any male would definitely fall for a vixen that nice.

CeeCee giggled as well. "He is...kinda, huh?" CeeCee spun around a couple times as Kashti agreed with her. "Let's get started then!" CeeCee hopped over to the flowers and started looking. "What was it about the last flower you liked Kashti?" CeeCee started picking some when she gasped. "Darmine! We should totally make chains out of these for everyone to wear at the party!"
Kashti wasn’t sure what the girls were talking about so he could only shake his head. He looked at all the flowers with a shudder. “I liked the symmetry of the plant the number of petals and the stem.. even the leaves on it where perfect.” He watched CeeCee grasp a few flowers that he could see clear defects in and wondered what she was looking at when her next sentence surprised him. So the pair were really planning a party when they didn’t even really know one another?
“OH THAT WOULD BE GREAT!” Darmine started to pluck some flowers and had started to stuff them into her tail so that they could stay untangled. Then she had a great idea. “Hey Kashti hold still.” Darmine started to stuff some flowers into his tail. “Hey CeeCee we can store the flowers on Kashti until we are ready to weave them into chains.”
CeeCee pulled a face. "Symmetry? That's what you liked about it? Not because it was pretty or smelled good? Boooooooring!" CeeCee hummed as she gathered more. "Hm?" CeeCee blinked, then burst out laughing. "That's a great idea Darmine!" She made her way over to the male and weaved her own flower load in. "We'll cover as much of Kashti as we can, then decorate each other~"
Looking seriously at CeeCee he was shocked. “Do you know how hard it is to find a perfectly symmetrical flower in nature? Ah hey!” Kashti baulked when the girls started to weave flowers into his fur randomly. Honestly they had no eye for symmetry at all. That much was clear. He pain stakenly took the mismatched flowers and started to put them as symmetrically as he could on his body then he glared at the two females. “You two may pick whatever flowers you want, but let me put them on you otherwise you’ll likely end up a mismatched mess.”
Dissolving in giggles the brown female looked at her clone like friend. “Oh CeeCee should we really let him decorate us? He seems so serious!” Darmine rolled her eyes. This male might be cute, but he was way too serious about the weirdest things. Who cared what you looked like as long as you felt good and had fun?
It took CeeCee awhile to reply the question, she was laughing so hard. She had to take several deep gulps of breath before she was collected enough. "I-I say no. Let him see us in all our mismatched glory." She burst out laughing again. "May-Maybe by the time we f-find," more laughter, "the per-perfect flower, he'll have loosened up some from having to be surrounded by mismatched foxes."
Loosened up? Kashti was affronted. He was just fine and didn’t need to loosen up. He huffed and continued to rearrange the flowers on his body before he realized that Darmine was actually moving the flowers on him after Kashti had fixed them. He stiffened and glared at her watching her nearly fall over with laughter. Females! Honestly. He twitched and moved away from Darmine and started to re-fix the flowers she had moved.
Laughing so hard she actually fell down when Kashti moved off Darmine looked at CeeCee and gave her a conspirator’s smile. “Oh I say that we shouldn’t be the o-only ones coated in glor-glory.” She rolled over and sprang up attempting and failing at developing a serious face. “Lets. Pfft. Lets makes sure to sh-share it with him too.”
"O-Oh dear. W-We couldn't, no, shouldn't do that." CeeCee put her paws over her mouth to stifle and subdue the new wave of laughter that was bubbling from her. Taking several deeps breaths, CeeCee finally calmed down. "Because if we did that, we'll be here forever because he'd insist on fixing it all over again. Then we'd never find the perfect flower if its not in this field."
Honestly, why where these females so ditzy? It made him grind his teeth just thinking on it. He was still fixing flowers when he noticed that some of them had bug bites in the petals and that made him shudder. At least it did until he found another that had what appeared to be the same bug bite on his tail. Smiling he took the one from his tail and put it on his shoulder directly opposite the other one. Now he was more symmetrical and he loved it!

Watching the odd male at work she looked at CeeCee with a lopsided grin. “He doesn’t look to much in a rush for things. Still if he’s looking for perfection he could be her forever!” She started giggling imagining him really old still looking at flowers and grumbling about symmetry.
"Especially if we keep placing flowers on him. It could be ages." CeeCee put down the flowers she was picking. "Maybe we should take pity on him though. I promised I'd help him find the perfect flower, but I'd rather not grow old doing so either," she said with a laugh.
He wasn’t even paying attention to his two companions. The male was in the midst of an epiphany. On him were numerous flawed flowers. Alone so horrible and would have caused him pain, but looking at them as a whole he was staring at several pairs of symmetrical flowers. It was awe inspiring. If fact he was paralyzed and sat there simply looking at some flowers before him with a goofy grin on his face.

“I suppose you’re right CeeCee.” Darmine made no such promise but she would have felt bad if only she were teasing the colorful male while CeeCee was doing all the work looking. “Hey I’ll help you find the perfect flower so that your promise will be fulfilled even faster!” Her tail wagged at the idea of helping her new friend.
"That would be awesome Darmine. Thank you! Maybe if we find it soon we can have that party~" CeeCee turned to Kahsti and stopped. She tilted her head. "Kahsti?" He had this odd look on his face. CeeCee looked back at Darmine and giggled. "I think we broke him."

Darmine started to bob her head about getting a party started. Though when CeeCee mentioned Kashsti she walked over to the male and waved a paw out in front of his eyes. Nothing. “Huh you know I think you might just be right. … HEY PRETTY BOY!!!”

Kahsti could of course see the paw go before his eyes and hear the girls talk, but he was busy. He had finally figured out how other foxes who had an eye for anything could actually manage to live in this mixed up and messy world. Just before he could say antyhing though he heard a high pitched voice yell in his ear. Cringing he looked at Darmine and growled. “I can hear you know.”
"Darmine~" CeeCee skipped over to the other two foxes. "We don't want him to be deaf either. How would we be able to know if we found his flower?" CeeCee looked at the male. "We were just worried about you since you were just staying there looking at nothing."
“Well I’m sure that Mr. spacey and grumpy could show us buy pointing and fawning.” Darmine made a dramatic swooning pose while she stuck out her tongue at the male who growled at her. He was such a stick in the mudd! How did CeeCee deal with him?
“I’m not spacey or gumpy.” Rolling his eyes he gusted to the flowers on his body. “Look here. Do you see what I can see?” He turned slowly indicating with the tip of his tail on one side of his body and then the other. Then he slowly and painstakingly pointed out mating flowers in the array at his feet. Surely they could see what he did, how could they miss it?
"Unless he is too worried about messing up his new look." CeeCee laughed and poked at the flower dazzled Kashsti. "You are too grumpy. You need to live a little silly." Smiling, CeeCee tilted her head as she followed Kashsti's movements. Flowers on him. Flowers on the ground. "I see lots of gorgeous flowers," she said, sitting down and curling her tail around her.

Fine he was dealing with blind foxes. He sighed. “Symmetry is beautiful and well worth the title of gorgeous that much is true.” He didn’t rise to the pair of females baiting and he didn’t bother to try and enlighten them further. These two were quite the pair. They both seemed a bit spacey and neither could see the symmetry before them. At least they were matched fools. That made him feel better.
Looking at the flowers Darmine had to agree with CeeCee all the flowers were so pretty how they all matched up and everything. She smiled and giggled. “Well lots of pretty flowers and one grumpy flower fox. You know you look like a girl almost. I think if we added a few more we could pass you off as our half sister.”
CeeCee nodded. "If we cover him up more perhaps. And maybe ourselves since we do not look as gorgeous as he does at the moment." Plain brown with just a smattering of color compared to the colorful Kashti. Even if they were half siblings wouldn't they look somewhat alike? CeeCee reached over a plucked a flower, staring at it. Flowers always had such beautiful colors. That was why CeeCee had the accessories she did, to try to add more color to herself. Sighing, CeeCee placed the flower in her hair.
Kashti listened to the two jabber on without really bother to comment about them passing him off as a sibling. It would never work he knew after all they looked so much alike while he looked nothing like them. The symmetry of family didn’t exist. It was just that simple. Kits tended to look like their parents in some way there was sense of matching and this also existed between siblings. He didn’t have that with these two. He watched as CeeCee looked deeply into a flower and then sighed almost longingly before putting it in her hair. He fought the urge to pick another and put it in her hair to match the first. Instead he lay down and looked at the tips of her paws that peeked out from under the leg wraps. “The front paws match and the back paws match. That’s more than what can be said of me. I like that part of your symmetry. There could be nothing more beautiful.” He looked up her face wondering if his words cheered her up as he had intended.

Darmine listened to CeeCee and thought that would be a fun idea. So rather than sitting still she dashed off and started to find some really pretty flowers that they could both wear. Oh it would be so much fun to covered in so many pretty flowers and then to go walk around and show off. She never really dressed up or did anything special to stand out so for once Darmine decided she was gonna do it!
(4,042 words this is an RP with Disco found here.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 pm
words 2,062

CeeCee looked up at Kasti with a blush. “Hey don’t let Darmine hear you say that or she’ll think that you’re in love with her or something.” Still she appreciated Kasti trying to cheer her up. He wasn’t such an atrocious grump even though she was pretty sure that was his default setting. She didn’t really understand why he was so bent on symmetry when he was so bright and colorful; but she supposed to each their own. “Hey why not get your own set of matched wraps if it bugs you that much?”

Kashti stared at her with a blank look on his face. Of all things he could do that one had never crossed his mind. It almost seemed like the perfect solution. Since he wasn’t born with the look he wanted he could always modify himself to get the look he wanted. Oh the brilliance of it made him smile and even feel like kissing her. “Thank you. I think I could do that.” He was surprised to see the look on her face as she snorted and shook her head. “What is that for?”

“Pretty markings like those and you want to cover them up. Well as long as you’re happy.” Really he seemed so happy to hide his pretty coloring and that just seemed a shame still as long he was happy. She got her own modifications for that very same reason. It still seemed such a shame to her. “Still I really like the way you look.” She didn’t know if it meant anything to him, but it was her thoughts and she wasn’t one to keep all that quite. Grinning at him she nudged him gently. “You know you’re cute enough I might fall in love with you.” She made a fake fainting motion tilting her head to the side like she was going to fall over.

He shook his head at her playful nature and couldn’t help but chuckle. “Well you look so cute with the mods you have that are all your own that I might fall for you.” He reached out to steady her because her eyes went wide and she seemed to really loose her balance. “Are you alright?” She was blushing and took a moment to collect her thoughts. He could see the wheels turning when he looked at her face. He let her work through it.

“Thanks.” She played it down feeling giddy. “Be careful what you wish for flower boy I might just work on stealing your heart now I know it’s possible.” She chucked and righted herself but didn’t move his paw that was still offering support. Her tail wagged and she had a feeling she would be meeting Kashti later on even if they separated ways here. “You know you do look nice all covered in flowers like that.” She chuckled. “Though not manly at all. Hope that’s not the look you want.”

He snorted. “I’d rather have the beauty of symmetry on my side than look overly manly.” Not that looking manly in some form wasn’t nice, but he really preferred perfection; which of course meant symmetry. He looked at his flowered coat with a sense of pride. Perhaps he would get a mod or two that was lovely and most of all matching. “This day had a recipe for disaster, though it turned out to be very enlightening. Thank you.” A part of him wanted to head away before Darmine could come back. He looked the way she left with a small frown. “I should be leaving though. It’s been a long day.”

She laughed flat out at him. “pfft! I know what that look means. You wanna run for the hills from sweet little Darmine. Well I hate to disappoint you but it you leave I’ll be following you, just because I can.” She snickered at the caught look on his face. She hadn’t really meant what she said, but she figured teasing him would be fun and it was! A small noise in the back of her mind started like a purr. Kashti was a grump way to vain and hard on himself, but so easy to read and pretty ok overall. She stood up and looked at him. “If you try to outpace me I’ll call Darmine on you so shall we head off?”

He was about to argue and even opened his mouth to do so when he noticed the twinkle in her eye. He wouldn’t win this match. “Ok let’s go.” He got up and started to head out. He was sure that Darmine would be fine. This field wasn’t all that dangerous in terms of preditors as far as he could tell and the vixen was used to being out on her own. CeeCee was following and he would figure out how to ditch her later. She was lovely and between her and Darmine Kashti would much rather be around CeeCee, but he wasn’t used to all the company and was finding himself feeling worn out.

Kasti was a quick walker she discoved. In fact it was like he was trying to get away as quick as he could. She followed without a word. Why had he wanted to just up and leave like that. He was finally loosening up and then bam he wanted to go. He even left Darmine behind which didn’t really make CeeCee happy, but she could go back and check on the vixen later. Right now she wanted to know what was up with him. Did finding a gentle nature snap his mind? The idea made her giggle. Her eyes narrowed as she was hot on his tail.

Rushing off Kashti wanted and needed time to process the day. He relished the fact he knew that he could change himself but CeeCee’s words about liking his look made him feel fuzzy in the back of his mind. The sooner he lost her the sooner he could sit back and sort out the confusion and stress that had accumulated during the day. A pity for him that CeeCee was able to keep up with him so well. Not really having a place to go he somehow wound up back at his home. He frowned staring at the entrance thinking this was the last place he wanted to show CeeCee.

Well now this could only be Kashti’s home. There were perfectly patted down mounts of dirt on either side of the entrance that were the same size slowly getting bigger the closer it was to the den’s entrance that was round and patted firm. She laughed just looking at it. “Well this place is very much you!” It was an interesting way to set up a den entrance. It was so out of place wither everything else around it. “So what are you gonna do now? Invite me inside?” She grinned wondering how he decorated the inside of his den.

“N-no!” He was blushing now. “I didn’t even wanna come here. I just needed a place to think.” He looked at her face and saw surprise an even understanding that scared him a little bit. He watched as her ear flicked and looked at him measuring something. “What is it?” His tone was back to the gruff one he used back when they had first met. He looked at her waiting for her words that would undoubtedly be unsettling judging by how long she was looking at him.

“You want me to leave don’t you?” He looked almost guilty and she held up a paw. “Hey don’t worry I get it. You have a lot on your plate and need some time to get it all in. Darmine and I got to you just a bit?” She nudged him grinning. “Look I’ll just be going but you can bet your pretty tail that I’ll be checking up on you later ok?” In the meantime she could check on Darmine and keep the more hyper vixen out of trouble. Kahsti could look over his issues and him even admitting to having a few. She’d be back in a day or two and figure out what was really up with Kashti once his head was on a bit straighter.

Kashti cleaned his coat off at the entrance to his den then slunk inside to sit and think. The day faded to night and in time he drifted off to sleep. The night passed without incident until a loud yowl woke him from his rest. He was groggy and disoriented by when the sound repeated itself he decided he was going to bar the entrance of his den with some rocks he kept in the back of the den out of sight. They were not symmetrical at all but they served a purpose so he kept them around. From the sound of things it was a bobcat outside on the prowl. The hair on the back of his neck was standing straight up. The yowling was far too close for his comfort. He had half of his den blocked off when he heard paws racing like something was running for its life. It was big and large. He expected a deer and there was no moonlight to let him see out. Suddenly something hit him sending him back into his den. Growling he figured it would be just his luck to have the bobcat’s prey end up in his den making a mess of things.

That scent could only be Kashti growling in the dark at her. CeeCee found herself being pressed on hard and she tried to let him know it was her in the dark. “Flowers.” The pressure let up as she heard him whisper her name in the dark before a loud cry shattered the night once again. The pressure left her entirely and she heard sliding around. Blinking in the darkness she felt the places where she had run into things in the dark, but how was she to know that this area had an overgrown cat problem? She was just glad she hadn’t broken her neck running into Kashti’s den. As it was she was sure she had grazed the side of it before she got it. She curled up trying to figure out what the sliding noise was. What could Kashti be up too?

Hearing her voice had been a surprise but there was a more immediate concern. Once the den was blocked off he turned his attention back to CeeCee. “CeeCee are you there? Are you ok?” He felt around in the darkness until he bumped into a soft form. “Hey.” He leaned down beside her and listened to her replies. He had no idea what she was doing out in the woods alone but one thing was for certain there was a tremble in her body that he wanted to make go away. Curling around her he hushed in her ear. “There there the entrance has a pile of rocks on it and nothing gets through. It might not be pretty but it works.”

CeeCee wriggled next to Kashti and pressed as close as she could to him. “I’m ok.” The news the den was blocked off explained the scrapping and sliding. She wondered if it was really safe. A bobcat could be pretty strong and push the rocks inward to get to them. Trembling she let herself be soothed by Kashti stroking her softly reassuring her they would be ok. “I was resting in the field after Darmine left to go home.” Kashti was warm and comforting. “Then a noise woke me and I knew I was in trouble. I remember how we got to your den before so I thought I’d come here. I figure out I was being chased pretty quick… Can I stay the night with you?”

Kashti snorted. “Of course you’re staying. I already blocked off my den for the night. I’m not moving all those damn stones till morning. You’re stuck in here with me for the night.” Which didn’t seem to be a bad thing. Funny thing about the dark he was noticing while he knew what she looked like in the dark all he could do was feel her and she seemed even more beautiful in the dark. Perhaps that was because for the first time Kashti wasn’t looking with his eyes.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50