Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
I'm in need of mental and emotional help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissJolteon

Bashful Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I really need a friend right now.
Last night I was left go from my new job,
because I lacked confidence in my hair cuts.
She said if I got more experience she will hold my spot,
But I think I am going to look for a commission salon in the mean time.
If I find one more then likely I am just going to stay there.
Since I'll be able to do color and not only just cuts.
I just need some one to ease my mind,
since I didn't even work for a week yet.
Need friendly motivation.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 pm
Maybe you could offer discount haircuts in your neighborhood to practice? Because a lot of what people call confidence when you work is because you know what you're doing and have enough practice that it looks easy for you.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm
In my small town, there are ladies that do at home visits for cuts for personal commission.
Uhm, I haven't done it before but my stepmom use to either at our home or the hair ladies homes and get a cut, or even a dye. Usually I'd think it'll cost a little more or even less than going to a salon. It really depends on what you think is more important, either building up exp. or clientele, or money. ;D

I hope this helps! Also, how long have you been cutting hair and the like? Sounds like you are just fresh out of school, sorry if I'm wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:01 pm
La Belle Gigi
Maybe you could offer discount haircuts in your neighborhood to practice? Because a lot of what people call confidence when you work is because you know what you're doing and have enough practice that it looks easy for you.
That's the problem.
By law here it isn't allowed to work on anyone including animals outside of a salon.
So stupid, and frustrating.

MissJolteon

Bashful Werewolf

MissJolteon

Bashful Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:02 pm
Kuudere-senpai
In my small town, there are ladies that do at home visits for cuts for personal commission.
Uhm, I haven't done it before but my stepmom use to either at our home or the hair ladies homes and get a cut, or even a dye. Usually I'd think it'll cost a little more or even less than going to a salon. It really depends on what you think is more important, either building up exp. or clientele, or money. ;D

I hope this helps! Also, how long have you been cutting hair and the like? Sounds like you are just fresh out of school, sorry if I'm wrong.
I was licensed last year in june.
No one is really hiring so this is the first salon i've been in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 pm
I'm sorry. : (

I just got let go from my dream job. It's hard, and it sucks, and it zaps your confidence.

Job hunting has never been this unnerving.

I've always gotten calls back the same day as an interview, or hired on the spot, because I was confident I'd land it

but now I feel like total s**t. Like it's not even worth looking, because who would want a loser like me?

Not sure if that's how you feel too, and I hope it's not.

Just keep on searching, accept temp work in another field if you have to.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

GranasGirl

Magical Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:07 pm
MissJolteon

Don't let it get you completely down. Jobs are room for us to grow with experience and sometimes we just are not up to the part, but we gotta keep pushing and trying to find something or another job.

I was let go from my last job because the girls there were all about drama amongst themselves and I did not want any part in it so they made up petty excuses to let me go. I felt like crap too, but I kept pushing and trying and I decided it was best to go back to school, but I did have opportunities to accept other jobs just school got in the way and that's what I really wanted to do.

Be confident in yourself and your abilities! I'm sure the hair cuts looked fine! Also another thing to stay away from is telling other people in your work place that you are not confident in what you do, cause they will get rid of you and if you complain earlier about something, they may use that to fire you. So always be confident! Just think you rule the world when you are at your job! I hope everything works out for you! <33  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm
flauterfli
I'm sorry. : (

I just got let go from my dream job. It's hard, and it sucks, and it zaps your confidence.

Job hunting has never been this unnerving.

I've always gotten calls back the same day as an interview, or hired on the spot, because I was confident I'd land it

but now I feel like total s**t. Like it's not even worth looking, because who would want a loser like me?

Not sure if that's how you feel too, and I hope it's not.

Just keep on searching, accept temp work in another field if you have to.
What is your dream job?
Yea I feel like that.
But today I had a technical which my cut and color were perfect.
But my boss left early because she was sick had someone else check it.
I don't know if I got the job or not yet, the woman said it was pretty and good tho.
So I hope it is good news,

MissJolteon

Bashful Werewolf

MissJolteon

Bashful Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:40 pm
Kuriketto-Hime
MissJolteon

Don't let it get you completely down. Jobs are room for us to grow with experience and sometimes we just are not up to the part, but we gotta keep pushing and trying to find something or another job.

I was let go from my last job because the girls there were all about drama amongst themselves and I did not want any part in it so they made up petty excuses to let me go. I felt like crap too, but I kept pushing and trying and I decided it was best to go back to school, but I did have opportunities to accept other jobs just school got in the way and that's what I really wanted to do.

Be confident in yourself and your abilities! I'm sure the hair cuts looked fine! Also another thing to stay away from is telling other people in your work place that you are not confident in what you do, cause they will get rid of you and if you complain earlier about something, they may use that to fire you. So always be confident! Just think you rule the world when you are at your job! I hope everything works out for you! <33
Bump!

Thank you.
This was motivating.
Thanks for the tips and warnings.

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games