Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Washer Exposed as a False Prophet By Fundamental Baptist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm
Living_for_the_Lord
What I believe what we should do is to pray for this pastor, rather he is false or not. I believe when someone is in fault, we should restore him meekly. I think that can go for us and for that pastor. But while we pray, we also should also stand for truth. I am not a Paul Washerian. I am not saved by Paul Washer. I am a Christian. I am saved by Christ alone through faith and grace alone.

But I believe that Paul Washer is a dear brother in Christ, and we should not talk bad about our brothers and sisters in Christ, or anyone in that respect. I do enjoy learning through him because he is bold and not afraid to tell the truth how it really is.

It reminds me of Paul's letter to the Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 1:12-15
New International Version (NIV)
12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name.

I am really hoping no one here sits with that impression after reading this.
That we should follow Washer, that he is our messiah. I am pretty sure both Paul Washer and Jesus would be mad if someone did. lol It is not the point of the thread, nor is it the idea of it to ridicule someone who is wrong, but to show support for a brother who speaks the truth, to advocate the truth and sound doctrine. 3nodding Prayer is always good idea for someone who is teaching a contrary gospel.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:44 pm
Garland-Green
Living_for_the_Lord
What I believe what we should do is to pray for this pastor, rather he is false or not. I believe when someone is in fault, we should restore him meekly. I think that can go for us and for that pastor. But while we pray, we also should also stand for truth. I am not a Paul Washerian. I am not saved by Paul Washer. I am a Christian. I am saved by Christ alone through faith and grace alone.

But I believe that Paul Washer is a dear brother in Christ, and we should not talk bad about our brothers and sisters in Christ, or anyone in that respect. I do enjoy learning through him because he is bold and not afraid to tell the truth how it really is.

It reminds me of Paul's letter to the Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 1:12-15
New International Version (NIV)
12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name.

I am really hoping no one here sits with that impression after reading this.
That we should follow Washer, that he is our messiah. I am pretty sure both Paul Washer and Jesus would be mad if someone did. lol It is not the point of the thread, nor is it the idea of it to ridicule someone who is wrong, but to show support for a brother who speaks the truth, to advocate the truth and sound doctrine. 3nodding Prayer is always good idea for someone who is teaching a contrary gospel.

lol, I thought about the very same thing when I was writing it.

But as I was meditating about this topic, we should pray for Paul Washer as well. I am not sure if Paul Washer viewed this video, but I am sure that there will be much opposition from people that already viewed this particular video. We should pray that he would not be discouraged but for the Lord to give him grace and strength to defeat the enemy.  

Biblical_Counselor

Links

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces