Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Meet the Most Wanted Man in China

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:11 pm
Meet the Most Wanted Man in China

[Working link April 8th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 pm
That's amazing. I've actually been subscribed to Voice of the Martyrs for quite awhile now. I recently got a book from them titled "Tortured for Christ". They're a fantastic, informational group and I definitely recommend heading over to their website. Though persecution and martyrdom is quite hard to think about, it's something that needs constant prayer.

You know, I see these people that are tortured for Christ, and in some ways America isn't far behind (persecution wise). Because for every one person who has been shown and accepts an absolute truth, there are a million who won't accept them simply because of their views.

Though I can see some reasons for persecution, I can't see all of them. It's painful to know that people are persecuted for loving God, because God is to be loved and glorified. It's painful to see people ignore him, but it's even more painful to know that people have rejected his presence so completely that they hurt and sometimes kill those who accept him. But, even though it's painful, there is also beauty. You hear of these persecuted Christians, and you hear of them keeping their faith and fighting the good fight. You can only see how strong faith really is when persecution exists.  

Abundant Merci

Questionable Inquisitor

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 am
Abundant Merci
That's amazing. I've actually been subscribed to Voice of the Martyrs for quite awhile now. I recently got a book from them titled "Tortured for Christ". They're a fantastic, informational group and I definitely recommend heading over to their website. Though persecution and martyrdom is quite hard to think about, it's something that needs constant prayer.

You know, I see these people that are tortured for Christ, and in some ways America isn't far behind (persecution wise). Because for every one person who has been shown and accepts an absolute truth, there are a million who won't accept them simply because of their views.

Though I can see some reasons for persecution, I can't see all of them. It's painful to know that people are persecuted for loving God, because God is to be loved and glorified. It's painful to see people ignore him, but it's even more painful to know that people have rejected his presence so completely that they hurt and sometimes kill those who accept him. But, even though it's painful, there is also beauty. You hear of these persecuted Christians, and you hear of them keeping their faith and fighting the good fight. You can only see how strong faith really is when persecution exists.

I've tried ordering that book, but it seems to only be distributed free of charge in the US.

I think you are right. I see very few Christians talk about persecution in other countries, of fellow Christians. Visit any Christian guild, and look around. Why is this? Are we ignorant of our brothers and sisters around us suffering, or do we simply not care? Are we being apathetic? We should pray more than we do. We should care more than we do.
For our own countries too, because times are getting worse. They are not getting better. There is an increase in hostility towards Christianity in all countries, and people are increasingly calling for the removal of all expression of Christian faith, an hostility to the Christian idea of morality.
It is not freedom of religion they want, but freedom from religion.

It is beautiful because God is glorified in this. That people are willing to suffer for Jesus. It shows those who do not believe that it is not just a human idea we hold to. A concept or philosophical tradition we hold to be true, but that the Truth actually has a hold of us. The Truth has made itself more precious to us than our life.  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games