Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:33 pm
Watch Debate Live

[Working link April 8th 2016. Recording of the debate up. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:38 pm
It seems like Bill Nye isn't hearing Ken Ham's explanation. He addressed the Christians believing in the Old Earth theory, that they're still Christians, but it contradicts Genesis. And I don't get why he's bringing up Old Testament vs New Testament? >_>;  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:54 pm
real eyes realize
It seems like Bill Nye isn't hearing Ken Ham's explanation. He addressed the Christians believing in the Old Earth theory, that they're still Christians, but it contradicts Genesis. And I don't get why he's bringing up Old Testament vs New Testament? >_>;

Perhaps he thinks there's contradiction. The style of the debate is not to my liking, but it appears like this is what the standard method is. Not enough time is offered to answer the arguments. Hopefully Answers In Genesis takes time to answer some of the arguments Nye presented on their website.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm
I'm so glad, and thank God, that things stayed civil between the debaters. Though, I wonder about the unbelievers: if they were equally deaf to Ham's words or if they actually noticed that Ham answered Nye's questions. sigh~ Only God knows. I trust he will open eyes as he sees fit. I also look forward to what AIG will say about the topics during the debate (if they will say anything).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces