Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I need prayer. Please pray for your brother. .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:57 am
I have been struggling lately. I've been going back to the things of the world where I'm comfortable. I need prayer to overcome the temptations when they come.
This isn't the main prayer that I need though.
I need to trust God.
I need the hunger for his word again. I wanna be on fire, not luke-warm.
Even so these aren't the main prayers.
I need to let go of my pride and self-hatred.
Now the main prayer I need is to find a job where I'm challenged and can start working towards a career. I want to go back to school in the fall, but in the meanwhile I wanna do some meaningful work.
The jobs that I've had don't require a lot of thinking or faith in God to get through them. .I'm currently working as a substitute teacher's para. I applied for full-time as soon as I heard of the opening, but even that's not good enough. I need a job that will challenge me and where I can acquire a skill.
Please keep me in your prayers. I desperately need all the prayer I can get. I wanna serve God. Please do whatever you're lead to do.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:40 am
fly_man

You're in my prayers : )
Thank you so much for reaching out to us.
If I may suggest something in regards to doing "some meaningful work" in the meantime. I definitely recommend volunteering on your spare time. Some places to consider are: food banks/homeless shelters, anime rescue shelters, hospitals, nursing homes, meals on wheels, thrift store, etc.

All the best! And may God bless and meet all your needs.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:48 am
Spirit Reborn
fly_man

You're in my prayers : )
Thank you so much for reaching out to us.
If I may suggest something in regards to doing "some meaningful work" in the meantime. I definitely recommend volunteering on your spare time. Some places to consider are: food banks/homeless shelters, anime rescue shelters, hospitals, nursing homes, meals on wheels, thrift store, etc.

All the best! And may God bless and meet all your needs.
Thanks, I think I should volunteer. I'll look for places to help out. smile
Thanks for praying for me. My name is Jake btw. I am waging war on the enemy I'm sick of him messing up my life. And I'm sick of not fighting it with everything I have.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:04 am
fly_man
Thanks for praying for me. My name is Jake btw. I am waging war on the enemy I'm sick of him messing up my life. And I'm sick of not fighting it with everything I have.

Not a problem, it's my pleasure : )
& Good to meet you, Jake! I'm Crissy. I know where you're coming from. I wage war on the enemy all the time. It gets a bit worse especially when the enemy knows you're doing your best to follow God. That's normal though, so don't feel discouraged. I've been reading a book by Joyce Meyers called "Battlefield of the Mind". She's sold over 3 million copies and counting so far. It's honestly a great read and I became sick and tired of the enemy messing up with my life too. And when I heard about the book, I felt so blessed. Anyway, I highly recommend it. The Enemy starts with the mind- your thoughts. If he can control your thoughts, he can control how you feel, your actions/lack of action in being productive and meeting the day's goals, he can control your outlook in life, of people, of yourself, and of Jesus.

But the book is just a simple guiding tool. Prayer is especially powerful when combined with reading His Word daily. When we feel condemned, judged, worthless, that is the enemies voice that we're listening to. We need to remind ourselves of what Christ says who we are in Him, of how much He loves us, of what He's already done on the cross- He already paid the debt of sin. Just go to Him and give your burdens over so that He can give you rest : )
When you place your full and complete trust that He forgives you, that He loves you and paid for your sins, that He believes in you that you can overcome ANY temptation with His help, His Word, you will be at peace.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:44 pm
Spirit Reborn
fly_man

Not a problem, it's my pleasure : )
& Good to meet you, Jake! I'm Crissy. I know where you're coming from. I wage war on the enemy all the time. It gets a bit worse especially when the enemy knows you're doing your best to follow God. That's normal though, so don't feel discouraged. I've been reading a book by Joyce Meyers called "Battlefield of the Mind". She's sold over 3 million copies and counting so far. It's honestly a great read and I became sick and tired of the enemy messing up with my life too. And when I heard about the book, I felt so blessed. Anyway, I highly recommend it. The Enemy starts with the mind- your thoughts. If he can control your thoughts, he can control how you feel, your actions/lack of action in being productive and meeting the day's goals, he can control your outlook in life, of people, of yourself, and of Jesus.

But the book is just a simple guiding tool. Prayer is especially powerful when combined with reading His Word daily. When we feel condemned, judged, worthless, that is the enemies voice that we're listening to. We need to remind ourselves of what Christ says who we are in Him, of how much He loves us, of what He's already done on the cross- He already paid the debt of sin. Just go to Him and give your burdens over so that He can give you rest : )
When you place your full and complete trust that He forgives you, that He loves you and paid for your sins, that He believes in you that you can overcome ANY temptation with His help, His Word, you will be at peace.
Yeah it's nice that you've been introduced into some of the spiritual aspects of th war. I know more than what I'm dealing with. The devil has all the right to torment me if I'm not making my best effort to change. I'll see if I can't get that book offline, I've been meaning to order this one called 'He Came to Set the Captives Free." It's by Rebecca Brown and from what I've heard and the little I read its' about an a woman who was formely married to satan and she becomes a Christian and she exposes the ways the devil attacks and things. I've heard it's good and it interests me too since it's supposed to be a true story. Oh also it's a short read.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm
fly_man
Yeah it's nice that you've been introduced into some of the spiritual aspects of th war. I know more than what I'm dealing with. The devil has all the right to torment me if I'm not making my best effort to change. I'll see if I can't get that book offline, I've been meaning to order this one called 'He Came to Set the Captives Free." It's by Rebecca Brown and from what I've heard and the little I read its' about an a woman who was formely married to satan and she becomes a Christian and she exposes the ways the devil attacks and things. I've heard it's good and it interests me too since it's supposed to be a true story. Oh also it's a short read.

No, you do not deserve to experience the enemy's torment no matter what. You are cherished, valued, and so dearly loved by a God who died to save you. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17.
Admittedly, I've felt like I deserved the torment I was feeling.. but realized that that was the enemy's voice trying to make me feel like I deserved to be hurt instead of loved, that I deserved to feel guilty instead of knowing that I am already free when I confess and turn away from my sin, thanks to Jesus.

I'm glad to know you've considered to read the book! : )
That book you mentioned sounds quite interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime. Thank you for sharing!  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:35 pm
Praying for you! emotion_bigheart

I have been going through things similar, and these verses have helped me (I strongly recommend memorizing these for remembrance when you are going through dark times):

.... cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm
Spirit Reborn
fly_man

No, you do not deserve to experience the enemy's torment no matter what. You are cherished, valued, and so dearly loved by a God who died to save you. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17.
Admittedly, I've felt like I deserved the torment I was feeling.. but realized that that was the enemy's voice trying to make me feel like I deserved to be hurt instead of loved, that I deserved to feel guilty instead of knowing that I am already free when I confess and turn away from my sin, thanks to Jesus.

I'm glad to know you've considered to read the book! : )
That book you mentioned sounds quite interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime. Thank you for sharing!
I can be free to an extent but I need to fight for the rest of it. I need to go through the process of breaking the chains and breaking down every strong-hold. I have to acknowledge how awful I truly am without Jesus so that I can be broken and I can be put back together as a new creation by God.
Yeah, I'll try ordering it offline sometime.  

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:12 pm
Grace from God
Praying for you! emotion_bigheart

I have been going through things similar, and these verses have helped me (I strongly recommend memorizing these for remembrance when you are going through dark times):

.... cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Thank you very much.
I've always liked that verse from Corinthians you put. A friend of mine carries it in his wallet.
I'll try memorizing them.
Yeahh I've just been under spiritual attack and I need to get angry at the enemy but I'm having trouble.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games