Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Small prayer request for an incompetent person

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:50 pm
(Now as you're reading this i'm just gonna say i have no idea where my head was at or why i thought this was ok. The more i think about it the more i realize how much of an idiot i am) be warned, this is LONG

Now im a cashier at home depot. Customer comes up, i ring up her stuff, and she decides to pay for a check. Now customers are supposed to fill out the check. There are a few though that don't; this is because we process the check electronically and the check gets void stamped all over it and the customer gets it back. So some dont feel like writing it out. Do to a previous arguement i had with a customer about this i decide to just take the check as is and put it into the computer (mistake 1). The check wouldnt scan so i had to type it in manually. The check went through it was endorsed on the back and the customer got her receipt. However i had to keep the check now bcause the computer didnt stamp void on it. So i ask her to put down her phone number and sign it. I guess she figured she didnt need to write the amount on it so she didnt (mistake 2). When i realized she was gone and i couldnt run out looking for her and i had a line. I reprint her receipt and attach it to the check.
Later on while looking at the check i figured since the only thing she had missing on the check was the amount i'll just write it for her. Problem is i had the numbers reversed (mistake 3 &4). So now i had a check with the wrong amount written by me. So i tell my boss and she said write BookKeeping a note to tell them what happened. I do this only I didnt tell them that I WROTE the amount on the check. (Mistake 9999999). I tried looking for the book keeping person to let them know what happened because if her check doesnt get processed she's gonna have to come up there to rewrite the check, then wonder why its been filled out, then the whole thing will just EXPLODE. So ive been praying about it because i cant even comprehend why i did that at that moment and made a simple situation explode into this mess. Not to mention i had gotten in trouble a few minutes earlier. So pray for me please, this is the first time i got a job i really like and feel somewhat valued, plus i need it for school.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:31 pm
As somebody who used to cashier (albeit mine was a volunteer job, so there was a bit less stress over mistakes), sometimes mistakes just happen. I can't even count how many times I made a number of mistakes and had to call someone up to help me out because I didn't know how to fix it. So don't beat yourself up over this too much - it was an honest mistake, and all you can do is your very best to try and correct it.

I'll certainly say a prayer for you, though. :3 I really hope your higher ups will understand, and that it will all work out without too much trouble. I'll pray that it will.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 am
It is very easy to make mistakes in that line of work. It is very fast pace. People are impatient, and humans are not robots that can do this without making any mistakes. When I worked at the gas-station I did a couple of blunders. We also handled packages almost like a post office, we received packages from a company and people came to the station to pick them up. Clothes, car parts, electronics etc. One Christmas it was particularly hectic and I typed in the wrong price of a package for an Indian woman. I ended up having to pay for her package which amounted to 186 $. My boss was not so nice about mistakes either, which made even making a small mistake pretty scary, not that I am saying this was a small mistake.

Anyway, I will pray for you. You'll see that things will work out, I am sure of it. ^_^
When in error always admit error, offer to pay, or recompence so that your boss will have no complaints. At least that is what I have learned.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:22 am
Jewelies
As somebody who used to cashier (albeit mine was a volunteer job, so there was a bit less stress over mistakes), sometimes mistakes just happen. I can't even count how many times I made a number of mistakes and had to call someone up to help me out because I didn't know how to fix it. So don't beat yourself up over this too much - it was an honest mistake, and all you can do is your very best to try and correct it.

I'll certainly say a prayer for you, though. :3 I really hope your higher ups will understand, and that it will all work out without too much trouble. I'll pray that it will.

Yes, thank you. I feel a little better now 3nodding  

ChibiHigh

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 am
Garland-Green
It is very easy to make mistakes in that line of work. It is very fast pace. People are impatient, and humans are not robots that can do this without making any mistakes. When I worked at the gas-station I did a couple of blunders. We also handled packages almost like a post office, we received packages from a company and people came to the station to pick them up. Clothes, car parts, electronics etc. One Christmas it was particularly hectic and I typed in the wrong price of a package for an Indian woman. I ended up having to pay for her package which amounted to 186 $. My boss was not so nice about mistakes either, which made even making a small mistake pretty scary, not that I am saying this was a small mistake.

Anyway, I will pray for you. You'll see that things will work out, I am sure of it. ^_^
When in error always admit error, offer to pay, or recompence so that your boss will have no complaints. At least that is what I have learned.

Oh my! O_o i'd probably cry over that. And thank you for the prayer  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 am
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green

You are welcome. smile Past is past. I won't be doing that mistake any time soon, since I have a new job. Now I will be making new mistakes. lol  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 am
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green

You are welcome. smile Past is past. I won't be doing that mistake any time soon, since I have a new job. Now I will be making new mistakes. lol

Haha i know the feeling!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm
First, there are no "small" prayers and you are not incompetent! It sounds like you are a hard worker that had a long line of customers. I would explain it to bookkeeping and if you like your job, it's probably in part because the people who work there are pleasant (including those in bookkeeping). Having said that,
I'm praying for you!! heart  

jemom

Gracious Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers