Submit

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:46 pm
Okay so, I have another thread in this forum and elsewhere as well so if you've seen them you might be familiar with my situation.
To recap in brief. /Takes a deep breath. My crappy scholarship program has cut me off for over a year now because I haven't been able to transfer to a university but I was accepted for this spring, I wasn't accepted into the program I wanted but instead of denying me altogether the University placed me in a general studies type program which my scholarship thought was bogus and refused to aid me so I had to withdraw. NOW, I have to reply for the Fall and this time I'm applying to two programs that are "approved" so in theory there should be no more trouble.
One is in the arts which interests me and so in my essay I have a few things to say about it. The other one is Communication which, to be honest, I'm only applying to it because I have to and that's not exactly something to put in an application...
I am sick in almost every way possible. Physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually... I've been crushed over and over, almost getting into the program I wanted and having it yanked from me, almost getting into a university period and having that too yanked from me! I'm capable of writing an essay but 1. I'm concerned at this point I may come off as a blubbering fool, and 2. For the Communications essay I'm absolutely clueless as to what to say. To give an idea, I'm about desperate enough to simply put down "PLEEEEEEEEEEESEA TAKE ME!!!!! JUST TAKE ME! MAKE THE NIGHTMARE STOP. I HAVEN'T SLEPT PROPERLY IN MONTHS!! PLEASE TAKE ME" I imagine that wouldn't fly too well with them, it might be hilarious, but not flying.

So, any advice? I was told to make it personally which I can do, I just have to be careful not to over do it. It's the other one that worries me most.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:41 am
Inb4: this reply is late AF

First of all, Google is your savior.
Google the following (note these should be broad or vague searches depending on your essay writing skill level, including confidence level.)
Example college application essays.

Then read some.
Then Google common mistakes on a college application essay.

Then after you have some idea, narrow your search.

Example essays for ### college applications. ###= type of college.

I'm by no means a perfect essay writer.
But I had no problem after doing these steps to get accepted to art institute.

Things I personally avoid are
Grammatical errors
Sounding too "perfect" . Meaning I don't want to sounds like a know it all, but I do avoid sounding dumb too.
Too much info on a specific topic.
Tmi in general.
Things I highlight or mention.
My talents
My background, specifically how I started liking fashion, etc
My desires and objectives of going to the school
Things that I lack.I cannot sew clothes, but I'm a great crochet artists.
Any possible flaw try to "cover" with a stregnth.

I hope I am not too late, but good luck anyway.  

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items