Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
What are you looking forward to?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Heir Apparent

Friendly Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:35 pm
Whether it be long or short-term, what future event are you excited for? What keeps you going? I'll start~

I'm looking forward to a seminar hosted by the career center on my campus called S.O.A.R., which is tomorrow evening. I'd like to explore my interests further and see how it translates into a career. Lately, I've been researching the possibility of being a history professor because I want to teach young adults how to examine different perspectives, both in their studies and, by extension in their own lives. This will make the world a better place because once they start understanding how complex the world is (including themselves), they may approach people with different views from them in a more open-minded way. This supports my interest in helping minimize future genocides, crimes against humanity, and other similar things since I want to enter the field of genocide studies. Been doing my own research for the past year or so, although I'd love to enter the field formally. ^^;

I've mostly been forming these ideas on my own so far, so... I need to talk with other people and examine how my strengths and weaknesses will guide me. I know I get nervous speaking in front of a crowd, but I can work on that... right? I am also aware that there could be other career paths that best suit my interests and personality, so I might as well go and learn more at this seminar! It's free anyway, haha.

(And, well, I've been wanting to create an Amnesty International chapter at my uni. I feel that I have enough time now to at least work on getting it off the ground. I'm looking forward to having this take off, too!)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 am
One of the professors at my campus said something really realistic the other day when we were having a discussion on discrimination, he said that America is a melting pot of so many different beliefs that they make a cage of conflicting beliefs, and that, a part of succeeding in America is to always be aware that your beliefs will not always be similar to the person's next to you. Thoughts?

I yearn for my relationships to become more intimate.

I look forward to the day that I get complimented on clothing that does not show off almost all the goods.

I want to become a social worker. I have a lot of maternal-ish love to spread around.

I want to discriminate less. I have a hard time not being mean to those who I see as stubborn jerks.

I want to have a resume that shows that I can take on whatever job that I apply for, whenever I start applying for jobs.

I want to read up more on white privilege and the stuff that surrounds that.

I'll also be super happy when I get caught up on my work. My grades have really taken severe beatings.  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:59 am
I'm itching to start my master's program. Won't start until August though.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:23 pm
I'm excited for a lot of things. It's really a text book dream for me though xD

-Go to College and get a degree in acting and Psychology
-Be on Broadway
-Get Married
-Travel
-Have kids
-Be financially stable and happy
-Get old with my loved one and pass away with them  

Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Interesting Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:18 pm
I look forward to my paperwork coming through so I can get a job off campus no problem and get my own place

The two things that keeps me going, is my best friend and hope.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 pm
I look forward to going into the air force.

The things that keep me going are my friends and when my cats and both my dogs are being adorable.  

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 pm
sorta already got most my goals sorted. so right now, if I had to answer that, I would say some kinda sandwich from Subway. cat_razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:16 pm
I'm looking forward to going to college to pursue my bachelor's in journalism biggrin  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:28 am
im going on vacation to the beach in a bit over a week. and the day after i get back ill be starting my new job at a vet office!  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games