Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ MANGA
Vanirra's Manga Cache

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think you'll give some of these a try?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Vanirra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:27 pm
User Image

Welcome to my not so secret Manga storage.
Basically this thread is just for going to be Manga that I’ve read.
Whether I loved it or hated it, I’m still going to share it.
Why? It’s because you might end up liking it. So enjoy!
Warning: I read a lot of yuri because I just love it. If you have a problem with that genre then just don't read it.

Also, please don't post on this thread. If you want to discuss a specific Manga then make a separate topic so everyone can discuss to their hearts content!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:47 pm
Red River
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Genres: adventure, drama, romance
Themes: historical
Summary: One day while walking home, Yuri Suzuki is magically pulled through a puddle of water and finds herself in the past, or more precisely 1500 B.C. Location: The Hittite Empire, Anatolia.
There the queen was to use her as a sacrifice, but she was saved by the queen’s stepson, who is also a heir to the throne. Now she must try to stay alive and get back to her time while hopefully not altering the future.

My Score:
Story 10/10
Art 10/10
Characters 8/10
Overall 9/10
I. Love. This. Manga. I've reread this countless times and I swear I come to love it more each and every time. Definitely a hidden gem among the thousands of manga out there. The downside however is that the main character is a bit too perfect. You'll either love her or hate her. There's also the fact that the prince has the ability to control air but doesn't make use of it. Dafuq?

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 am
Beauty Pop
Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: male harem
Summary: In Kiri's school there are 3 boys who carry out transformations on random pretty girls; Narumi Shougo, the hairstylist, Minami Kei, the nail artist and Ochiai Kazuhiko who balances the overall look. They are adored by the girls because they are so good at making them beautiful. However, Kiri is also a master hairstylist who is willing to 'add some magic' for those who need it, but in disguise. Now Kiri is forced to face the three in a showdown with Narumi.

My Score:
Story 8/10
Art 9/10
Characters 8/10
Overall 9/10
It's definitely predictable but it's still a fun read. Definitely one of my favorites. Some of the characters are a bit annoying I found myself growing to like them in the end. The ending was a bit of a letdown but it was still worth reading and I wouldn't mind going back to it again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:25 am
Remote
Genres: horror, mystery
Summary: Recently retired meter-maid Kurumi Ayaki and her fiance, Shingo, are having trouble raising money for their wedding, forcing Kurumi to return to the force. Unfortunately for her, the police have different plans for her career, and transfer her to the Unsolved Crimes Division, Special Unit A, where she meets a mysterious young and handsome genius. Inspector Himuro isn't a typical detective. With his impeccable deductive reasoning and observational skills (to counter-act his inability to feel emotions or even leave his room), Kurumi acts as his eyes and ears to solve mind-puzzling cases as her personal life falls apart.

My Score:
Story 7/10
Art 8/10
Characters 6/10
Overall 7/10
I enjoy detective novels a lot so that's one of the reasons why I kept reading this. I actually read the first volume when I was maybe 14-15. I remembered it again about 1-2 years ago and decided to find it and finish it. The characters are kind of lame. Made me question their choices and actions a lot but it was whatever. It's got a lot of action and definitely tons of fan-service which normally I prefer not seeing but I guess it just suited this manga. The way it ended was pretty neat though. Definitely left it open for interpretations.

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 am
Glass Mask
Genres: drama, romance
Themes: acting, theater
Summary: Her father passed away very early and her mother lives and works in a crowded Chinese restaurant. Kitajima Maya, a 13-year old girl, has to carry the burden of making ends meet as she fights against her ill fate. However, she is able to overcome the trials and tribulations in her life with her passion and enthusiasm. She happens to encounter the reclusive actress Tsukikage who decides to train and mold her into the foremost actress of her generation.

My Score:
Story 10/10
Art 9/10
Characters 9/10
Overall 9.5/10
This manga is simply amazing. It had me hooked within the first chapter. The main character is a bit dimwitted in the beginning but her determination and her talent makes up for it. You get to watch as her character grows and you can sympathize with what she's going through. The supporting characters are great and the story line is superb as well. It kept me wanting more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am
MÄR
Genres: action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, tournament
Themes: other worlds
Summary: Ginta is a Japanese high school boy who often fantasizes about a land known as Mar Heaven. One day, he is mysteriously summoned to the imaginary land, which in fact turned out to be real. Upon reaching there, he learns of powerful weapons known as Arms that exist in Mar Heaven. With the companions and friends that he meets during his travels, the group seeks to destroy the Chess, a faction led by the mysterious Phantom, which is determined to bring about Mar Heaven's Ultimate Demise for reasons unknown.

My Score:
Story 7/10
Art 8/10
Characters 7/10
Overall 7/10
It was pretty predictable but entertaining nonetheless. The characters aren't any different from the one's you've seen before. It's basically just an action packed kind of Manga. There are definitely better things to read but if you just want to pass the time or like action then give this one a shot.

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:15 am
Liar Game
Genres: drama, mystery, psychological, thriller, tournament
Themes: conspiracy, Corporation, debt, Greed, intellectual genius, mind games, strategic minds, survival game
Summary: At the sight of greed, your average human being always chooses money over integrity; however, such a thing is impossible for the Nao Kanzaki, who is about the most honest person you can find. But when she accidentally joined "The Liar Game", her honesty has proved to be a deadly poison. In a game where every player has to either trick their opponents and get gain a large prize, or be burdened with a equally large debt, the honest Nao Kanzaki has no choice but to get help from Shinichi Akiyama, who is a genius con artist that conned a multi billionaire company. With the help of Akiyama, Nao Kanzaki now participates in the dangerous world of the "The Liar Game"

My Score:
Story 10/10
Art 7/10
Characters 9/10
Overall 9/10
Normally I wouldn't read manga with art styles like this because it just doesn't appeal to me but when I read the summary, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. While the art is a bit off-putting, the story is definitely original and unpredictable. The main character is beyond help in the beginning because of how pure and naive she is but grows to become strong while still retaining her honesty. Some of the characters were downright annoying at first but you begin to sympathize with them later on when you discover why they're in the game. It shows you the darker side humans have when certain things are on the line. This is definitely an intellectual read and I suggest giving it a try if you can bring yourself to get past the art.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:57 pm
Case Closed
Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, mystery, psychological, romance
Themes: age transformation, crime, detectives, famous thief, murder, organized crime, police, secret identity, Sherlock Holmes, strategic minds
Summary: High school detective Kudo Shinichi is infamously known to the people of Japan as "The Modern Sherlock Holmes". Things change when he is drugged by two mysterious men in black and finds himself shrunken to the size of a kid. Now hiding his real name, Shinichi lives with his childhood sweetheart Ran Mouri under the name of Conan Edogawa, and hopes to find some clues about the men in black through the clients and cases of Ran's father—a pathetic second-class detective who quickly became well-known through secretive help from Conan.

My Score:
Story 8/10
Art 8/10
Characters 8/10
Overall 8/10
I had to reread the manga a few times due to the fact that I stopped waiting for updates or forgot about it and didn't remember where I left off. As much as I love this series, it's not something I would reread anytime soon. Maybe 5 years down the line? I find myself constantly skipping through the cases I know I've read before and there's really only a hand full of them I don't mind seeing again. The cases are a bit repetitive but it's not bad. I do love the cast. They're enjoyable and it's nice to see them often rather than having new faces constantly thrown at me. It definitely is worth reading.

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:16 pm
Manga no Tsukurikata
Genres: Yuri, Slice of Life
Summary: Asuka, who debuted as a manga artist at the age of 13 but has not had work since then and is now 19. Fresh off from graduating high school, she gets inspired by the works of Sachi, and decides to quit her job in order to become a manga artist again. Since girl's love and boy's love are currently popular genres, she decides to go out with a former co-worker, Morishita who is in love with her, in order to gain experience. Later, she finds out that Morishita is actually Sachi.

My Score:
Story 8/10
Art 10/10
Characters 8/10
Overall 8/10
The story is pretty original. Its a light and fluffy yuri series and I'd say it's one of my favorites. I'm actually glad I found this manga. The relationship between Morishita and Asuka develops really slowly but you can tell it's progressing. It's nice to have a couple that actually takes it slow for once. There's a love triangle(?) involved but Morishita is forever loyal to Asuka which I freaking love. I just wish Asuka was more honest with her feelings. The updates take forever but it's got me hooked to the point where I check on it every other week.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:01 pm
Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri
Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: butlers, school
Summary: After the death of her parents, Himura Ryou is taken in by grandparents and starts to attend the super elite high school, Souseikan Gakuen. Ryou gets lost within the school's spacious area and it leads her to a guy wearing tuxedo. He is Kanzawa Hakuou who attends the butler training course [B (Butler) Class]. But in reality he is the heir of the Kanzawa group, who wants to test his abilities in a place that merit principal is valid.

My Score:
Story 8/10
Art 9/10
Characters 8/10
Overall 8/10
Liked the series although the concept is overused. It was predictable but it was still good lighthearted read. I'm not really into how the main character and her butler start their relationship but it can't be helped. Hakuou seems to be the definition of perfection which I find a bit annoying. He does have one or two flaws but you can hardly call them flaws. Ryou's character is also a bit unrealistic but bearable. If you've read a lot of shoujo manga then this probably won't stand out much to you but if you haven't then give this one a try.

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 pm
Arisa
Genres: drama, mystery, romance
Themes: school, suicidal, twins
Summary: Tomboyish Tsubasa has communicated with her twin, Arisa through letters for years. During those years of separation, Tsubasa is lead to believe that Arisa has led a joyful life, but when Arisa attempts suicide, Tsubasa takes Arisa's place in school to find the cause of Arisa's pain. Only to find out that Arisa isn't the only person whose in trouble...

My Score:
Story 7/10
Art 7/10
Characters 6/10
Overall 6/10
Holy crap this was pretty dark for a shoujo manga. It was weird. I don't know what else to say other than that. There's really no romance whatsoever so I'm not sure why they tagged it as a romance novel. Tsubasa, due to certain reasons, takes her sisters place and attends Arisa's school in order to find out what's going on. Said school seems to be run by the students and the adults are practically useless. The students are psychotic as [censored] and participate in the something called 'King time' or whatever. Basically numbers are chosen and texted to each students phone. Whoever had their number chosen gets to make a wish and hopefully get it granted. The students do the most messed up things ever in order to have their wish come true and it comes with big consequences but they don't receive any punishment and whats worse is that they blame others for their own wrongdoings. The police don't even do their jobs and basically it's up to two high school kids to fix the system. There are so many plot twists and the last few chapters made me go 'wtf?' every other page. It's pretty unrealistic how the whole series played out but anything can happen in a manga. It WAS interesting at first but I found myself struggling to finish it. Just don't have really high expectations if you're going to give this one a try.

✩ MANGA

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games