Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
Is being cheap good or smart?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VampressZilia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 am
I am now a single mother and living on my own with my son and a full time worker, plus attending school this fall. With everything that changed and all the bills and stuff that I have to think about, plus having to buy diapers, wipes and so on, my family is saying that I am being cheap.

A lot of the things that I buy aren't name brand but it does what it needs to. I just don't want to come up short, due to me having to pay rent, monthly payments on my lab top, car insurance, phone bill, cable & internet, and not to mention food and things for my son. We go out once a week to an indoor playground that's 10 dollars all day for him to run around play and eat. And sometimes we go out to eat once a week also.

People love to say I'm selfish like when they ask me to help them, but I don't want to struggle. I don't have no family that's close by around me. They are an hour away so the way I look at it, it's me and my son. Is how I'm trying to manage my money making me come off cheap or just me being reasonable? I'm just so tired of hearing this and I really want some advice?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:57 am
No, you're trying to survive in a harsh world
Tell them that you don't have the money, and your family that name brand doesn't necessarily mean high quality. Just higher, unaffordable, prices for you, and that if they're so interested in making you live their life, buy you the stuff themselves
See how many people that settles down because suddenly, they have to spend their money  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

VampressZilia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 am
Thanks. that mean a lot. I just hate it when I see my family and they all in my business. I feel like half the time i'm there, all I do is defend my self. I know they mean well, but the words that come out their mouth is sometimes hard to see past.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 am
I don't think you are being cheap at all. You seem to be a great parent who works hard to keep your son happy and healthy. You are doing all you can. If they want to judge you, tell them to put themselves in your shoes, you are a single mother after all. Good for you, keep on truckin'  

Your WatchQueen

33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff