Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] EZ as making... (Lan and Soren)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:24 pm
It was odd only in that it was her carrying her own things and no someone else. A full basket of the ripe red fruit, she wanted them, the harvest from the grower was good, and she needed something sweet for her cooks to bake with. Honey and plum just were not cutting it as of late.

So, Lan walked, carrying her own apples for once, through the winding paths of the sanctuary, not thinking how some might have not been lucky enough to buy the red orbs when they had initially hit the market place, (and sold out).

ramenli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:38 pm
They possibly, just possibly, sold out because a certain someone was hording apples.

So when that certain someone saw someone walking around with some of the fruit he had not been able to purchase? Well, those were apples not going to him.

But they could be going to him.

Putting a smile on his face and trying not to make it too obvious, Soren approached the Conquest mare. "Carrying your purchases?" he put just a hint of surprise into his voice, and wow, he was nailing this performance even better than the last mare he'd had. "Need some help? Looks heavy. What are you going to do with that many?"  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:48 pm
Now there were few things that immedietly sent red flags to Lan about Soren.
One, was if his discolored and being really nice and giving her compliments because that had just been weird. The other? Soren smiling and no humans were suffering or dead around him.

"...yyyessss. I am." She gave him a hesitant answer, not too sure what he was up to. She puffed up at him just a bit however. "I can take care of myself though- I don't always need pampering." Still, apples or no, Lan doubted he'd be so bold as to try and run off with them.

"If you're offering however-" She heft the basket into his hands. "I plan to have them stored, used in a few sweets. Maybe flavor some breads? I do not know, I usually leave it to the cooks of conquest. They are creative enough. A few will be for my own attempts at... culinary. Its not exactly something nobility gets to typically try our hands with."

ramenli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:08 pm
As he listened he tried to keep himself from grinning. This was perfect, and this was the perfect opportunity. "Cooking with apples is not easy," he mentioned, pausing for a moment to let his words sink in. "I'm practiced in the art." And what an art it was.

"We could use a few now and I could teach you to make apple pie." He stressed that there would be few, and tried to sound off hand about it. "I've got the other ingredients." There, even an offer to supply something. It would be a hard offer for a novice to pass by.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:51 pm
She didn't really know. Half her cooking attempts burned. Half. Better results than in the past. "Really?" She looked at him, mildly impressed.
"I know you enjoyed eating certain things but I don't think I've ever seen you cook."

His offer was immedietly tempting. The fact he'd supply the ingredients selling the mare to it. "If you will teach, I will learn. Besides most stallions like apple pie- er, well. Horsemen in general do. Like apples and things." She huffed.

She meant nothing.

ramenli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:51 pm
Of course he knew how to cook. It was hard to find someone to make the perfect apple pie, so he sometimes made them for himself. Though there were plenty of decent ones he would devour.

If it had apples in it, he had learned how to make it. And he just tried not to think too long about his cooking lessons with Astridr, flour on her nose and trying to put more on him like war paint.

"Come on then." He started walking briskly, not trying to steal her apples, just ready to get started. She'd have to hurry to keep up with his stride.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:03 pm
Lan followed, not wanting him to actually walk off with her apples. Or, to just not get distracted and walk off forgetting that Lan didn't exactly walk with speed or as wide of stride. She had to walk like conquest after a- ******** it she was speed walking behind him.

She tried. Soren was just a bit determined to be where he needed to be she supposed. Even if it was just to his home.

It wasn't uncommon by then for Lan to have a simple notice sent to another member of conquest who she was with, and how long she'd be. Rumors had faded of Soren, replaced with others. Plus, it had long enough for it to be knowledge that they were battle companions, it was a fine enough thing, to visit him.

"Alright then." She removed her shoes at the door. Habit.
"You the teacher, I the student. How does one bake an apple pie?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm
"First you get all the ingredients," he rumbled, bushel of apples on the table. He was clearing a space, and starting to pull things out of cabinets. Sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. He glanced at her, realizing that she'd probably have difficulty even reaching the cabinets, much less know what to get. "Wash the apples. When you're done I'll help you slice them."

This wasn't teaching at all, he had just acquired himself a sous chef.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm
Lan looked at him then at his kitchen. It wasn't exactly Lan friendly. Maybe in a few years when she might grow a few inches but until then- she'd leave Soren to gather from the top shelves.

"Do you use the skins or shave them and discard?" She was genuinely curious. She knew of no use for the peel other than decoration when plating.

Still, Lan had to pause, her robes not exactly suited to cooking. It took a few seconds, but eventually she found an apron- even if it was over sized for her, (very much so). Sleeves tied up, she began to wash, if a bit annoyed at the fact that that she might get WATER on her outfit, (the horror).

"And I don't need help to cut Soren. I am trained in how to handle knives, thank you."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:39 pm
"If you don't peel they get stuck in your teeth," he murmured, already mixing the dry ingredients for the crust. While she fussed over an apron he was cutting in the butter and then quickly rolling out a perfectly sized round of crust to fill the pan he was using. A few pricks with a fork later and the bottom was ready to be filled.

It was probably hard to find someone who could roll out a crust as fast as he could, but this was an area where he had practice. Real practice. He eyed the apples she was washing and decided to help her regardless. "It'll take less time if we both do it," he pointed out, reaching for an already washed one and grabbing a paring knife. Within moments it was peeled, the peel having miraculously already found it's way into his stomach, and glimmers of his plans were already coming into fruition. Yes, this was a great plan indeed. "Don't waste too much apple. Peel them close." Just double-checking her knife skills, that was all.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 pm
Lan glared daggers at him. Hidden knives that she was more than adapt at wielding. Still she said nothing, peeling the apple at a far slower rate than him. But what she ended up with.. was a perfectly paper thin apple skin that could sit upon itself, maintaining the original apple's shape.

"........." She looked at her one peeled apple to his many and wanted to stab him with a real dagger, if just for being better at it than her.
"You didn't even show me how to make the crust.." It was for the best, flour and spices perhaps best left untouched while she remained in her dress.

"Why did you stab the bottom of it though? For what purpose does such an action serve?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:57 pm
"Mix it together and cut the butter in," he said, shrugging. "Roll it out and plop it in." Yeah, maybe he was missing a few steps.

Then he glowered, simply because...well, he didn't know the answer. "People do it." That was it. That was the answer.

And probably the reason why his pies weren't perfect.

"Aren't you finished yet?" Yes, he probably sounded petulant, but he had a goal in mind, and she was interfering. "I'll finish, you measure half a cup of brown sugar. Pack it in tight."

It was highly probable that he was devouring the cores while he worked.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 pm
He was.. a bad teacher. Frowning at him Lan wondered who had taught him, then, if he even knew what he was doing.

He had to, he'd not mislead her... would he? He- wait no. Lan relaxed. Soren was cunning but not THAT cunning. Plus this involved apples. The stallion was if anything just focused on food.

"I see. People do it. Very formal dear Soren."

Shaking her head, she found the sugar, measuring it in and-
The spoon she used to press in the sugar was presented to Soren along with the cup of compacted sugar.

The spoon had bent slightly.

"I trust this is satisfactory?"  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces