Submit

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:39 pm
User Image Snowdrop padded through the forest, periodically stopping to peer up through the trees to check the position of the sun. The mountain she wanted to climb was due north of this forest, and she should have little trouble getting there as long as she kept in the right direction. She hoped that the trees wouldn't get so thick that she'd lose sight of the sky, or she'd be in danger of getting lost.

Satisfied that she was still headed in the right direction, she headed onward. As she went, she looked around at the flora around her. Come to think of it, this woods might have some interesting plants, too. But one thing at a time; for now she was trying to find a flower that grew at rather high altitudes, and might only be in season for a few weeks more. She'd have to remember to check out this forest on her way back.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image What to do. He had lost that pretty feline he met awhile ago, and he had lost his way after coming back from his moms place. Shyanne had been beyond happy to see him again, and his step-father was settled in. His family was whole again, even without his birth father. Tweak... He stilled loved him. How couldn't he? He had been raised by the man, after all. He couldn't lie, he had blamed Tweak for never seeing his mother. He had been a child then... Now? He just didn't know how to feel about any of it. Tweak was harder to find these days, and his mother was wrapped up in her new mate and the thought of having even more kids. It was difficult.

Ugh, serious thinking like this would give him a headache.

So, he cleared his head, losing sight of the ground as he seemed to just blank out. So, it wasn't surprising that he bumped into a pretty fox, eyes widening as he rammed right into her. Leaping backwards, the males ears flipped back before he finally got a good sight of her. Oh jeesh, that wasn't a good first impression!

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Didn't mean to ram into you like a fool. I didn't injure such a pretty lady, did I?"

mewrose

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm
Snowdrop should have been more alert. She liked to think that usually she was pretty well aware of her surroundings. You had to be, to stay safe in some of the places she liked to travel. But this time she happened to be spending too much attention to the plants and not enough on anything that might be coming up behind them. As a result, she didn't notice the other fox until he practically ran her over. She tried to backpedal at the last moment, lost her balance, and half-fell into a bush.

Her ears tilted back unhappily as she scrambled free of the branches, then shook a couple stray leaves off her fur. At least that buy didn't have thorns. Then she looked up at the fox who'd bumped into her. A male, not one she knew, though she wasn't hugely familiar with the inhabitants of this area.

She opened her mouth to reply, decided 'watch where you're going' would be a bit hypocritical since she hadn't been either, and settled on, "Be careful where you walk." She looked over her shoulder to give herself a quick once-over, decided she'd suffered nothing worse than ruffled and dirty fur, and added, "I'm fine, no harm done."

Yushika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm
Awh s**t. He had knocked her right into a bush. Making a move to help her up, he stopped when she freed herself before he could approach. Wrapping his tail around himself and carefully checking that he hadn't gotten himself messy, the male flicked one ear when she spoke, blue eyes raising to meet green.

Sighing in relief, he took the time now to actually view her. Pretty. His head lifted almost immediately as a cocky smile crossed his face. Oh, he just had to go and impress her, she was a looker! Hopefully his blunder earlier hadn't made her cross him off her list of males she'd like to get to know.

"Could say the same to you." He mused, head cocking to the side curiously. "Haven't seen you 'round this route. Do you live nearby? Is this tribe-lands?" It'd be just his luck if he stumbled upon a tribe.

mewrose

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 am
Snowdrop had been walking a while, and while she was stopped anyway she may as well take a chance to rest her feet a bit. So sat down while she considered the male. He asked reasonable questions, and he seemed to mean no harm. She flicked her tail to dislodge one last leaf, then wrapped it around her feet as she answered. "No, I'm not from nearby. I'm just traveling through. And if there's a tribe here, I haven't met them."

Well, she'd answered his questions, it was only fair that he should answer something similar. "How about you?" she asked him, tilting her head slightly. "You live around here?"

Yushika

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm
Oh good. He really didn't want to worry about pissing a tribe off. That was one of the last things on his list to do. While he enjoyed making 'daevas leap from their dens and try and murder him and flirt with vixens who were mated with thugs, a tribe was another thing. Flicking his tail, the male suddenly flopped onto it as if it was a mattress, letting out a gentle: "Oompf."

"Nah. My mother does, and her mate. I was visiting them for a bit." Shrugging, his blue eyes danced merrily as he viewed the beautiful vixen, a smile crossing his features. "Glad I did. I got to bump into a pretty woman like you, it would make anyone's day."

mewrose

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm
Snowdrop nodded. Having family in the area made sen-- wait, he'd called her pretty. Twice, come to think of it. She wasn't sure how to respond to that (he hadn't directly complemented her, so a "thank you" didn't seem appropriate), so she just smiled a little.

She spent a lot of time traveling alone, so she wasn't the best conversationalist. Leaving at this point seemed rude, even though she didn't have much to say. For lack of anything else to talk about, she said, "How nice of you to visit your family." There was a pause as she considered where to go from there, then in an attempt to not let the silence stretch too long she asked, "Are you heading back to your home, then?"

Yushika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 am
The smile caused a wag of his tail. Oh good, she wasn't like that one vixen who beat the crap out of him for complimenting her. That hadn't been fun... Nor had she been pretty to him anymore. Toying with his tail, the male laughed gently, head shaking.

"Really? I guess I'm a pretty nice guy, then. I'm usually visiting them, I never got to see my mom much as a kid." Nodding at the last phrase, he rubbed his ear briefly. "That I am. What about you? Are you heading home?"

mewrose

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm
"Ah, no, I'm not heading home," she responded. "I'm actually heading north to look for a rare alpine flower. That's what I do, mostly, go around looking for vegetation of various kinds." She sat up straighter, more confident, as she continued. This was something she knew and could talk about!

"Sometimes foxes might hire me to hunt down a plant they need, such as for medicine or study. Other times it's just for myself, to explore and see what's out there. This is a bit of both; at one point a fox told me to keep an eye out for various plants and report back, so they had eyewitness accounts of where those plants could be found. I remembered hearing about this one flower and had been wanting to see it for myself, and as it happened to be one I had been asked to look out for, I thought it was a good time to look for it. But it's only likely to be in season for a few more weeks and it rather rare, so I don't have long to get to the most likely location and look for it--"

She suddenly cut herself off, blinked as she realized how much she'd been talking, then ducked her head slightly. "Er, sorry, I can get a bit enthusiastic about this."

(OOC: bluhbluh I forgot what I wanted her to say/do *bangs out some kind of response finally* )

Yushika

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 pm
Listening to the vixen with a smile, he was actually surprised by her response. So far that had been the most she had spoken. Her confident stance caused an amused twitch of his tail, swinging it around his lower half shortly after. Her sudden stop made a quick laugh escape his mouth, eyes lighting up as his head shook quickly.

"No, no. It's refreshing to see someone so excited about what they do. Besides, I've met too many females who refrain from speaking their mind in hopes to look a certain way. I much prefer you ramble about something you enjoy. Anyway, it's interesting. I could help, maybe? Got nothin' else to do, anyway."

mewrose
Sorry this took so long!

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:02 pm
Yushika

Snowdrop blinked a few times, surprised at the offer. She tilted her head, considering it. "Hmm, nobody's offered to help me before." Her tail twitched idly as she thought, though it was only a moment or two before she continued.

"Sure, I suppose it would be nice to have company. Most often I'm just traveling on my own." She shrugged and smiled at him. "Another pair of eyes never hurts, right?"  
● RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games