Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] Briar Rose (Solia and Aurel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:11 pm
The haunted house was full of trees. Rather- it's green house was. The trees varies in climates yet thrived. Oaks native to the north, palms of the south, tropical rainforests all thrived under a single glass roof.
A room of trees and plants, yet devoid of birds or any creature that might have made it seem alive.

Yet it was there Solia sat on the thick root of a mangrove tree, her boots dry as roots sank into tile like they were water and not stone. Smooth and effortless. Solia's idleness was born of the roses that bloomed around the roots, bright and vivid red roses, thorns thick yet easy enough to rid of with time. She was gathering them to try and learn how to form her own flower crown, to use something born of FEAR to create beauty- poetic, if odd.

She hardly noticed anyone or anything else, humming away at an old theme song from her childhood.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm
Aurel hadn't gone...looking for the haunted house, per se. He had been open to it, because he needed to know all he could about Hunters despite Amrita's warning. He had not expected it to happen so fast. So, when he took the hallway and found himself somewhere that was definitely not Amityville he knew where he was.

Kind of.

Sort of.

Maybe.

After hours of searching, he hadn't...actually come across anything of interest. At least until the green house came into his vision. Well. May as well not be a total bust. Aurel took a breath and opened the door only to see a human there.

At least, Aurel assumed she was a human. She didn't...smell the same. And she didn't really appear to be dangerous. "Are you a hunter?" He said bluntly, finding no room to pussyfoot around.

iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:44 pm
The arrival of company was unexpected, and Solia nearly dropped the crown of flowers she'd been working on. Nearly, as instead she fumbled, wincing as a stray thorn pricked her hand.
"Er, yes?"

She hoped that this student, (for what else could it be, lacking a coat or the signs of the clans), wasn't out for blood. True the new wound might have begun to bleed, but that wasn't exactly intentional. "Uh- that won't be an issue will it? I'm kind of just enjoying time to myself and I promise I haven't fought anyone! Or hurt anything. Unless flowers are a thing in which case I am sorry, I can put them back!"

Not that it would do much good.
"Erm, hi though, anyway!"
Kyribird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 pm
"Flowers are a thing," he said, eyeing the crown of flowers that she had in her now bleeding hand. Blood did not bother the Lesovik, however - and while normally he'd chastise for pulling up flowers and killing them he had other things on his mind.

Her nervous speech was a surprise. The way Amrita had described hunters had basically been that they were dangerous creatures to not engage with at all. This ghoul seemed more interested in flowers (much like himself) than anything else. Impossibly bright green eyes trailed down to get a good look at her and he pursed his lips for a moment, not sure what to say or do.

"You cannot put flowers back. Once you cut them, you have killed them." He said instead, indicating to the cut ends of the buds. "How can you be a hunter and not have fought anyone?" That didn't make any sense.

iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm
"Oh." She looked at the crown before shuffling awkwardly. Setting them on the ground as if that could somehow make things better. It naturally, did nothing. "Oh well I have! I'm supposed to anyway, but I'd rather not? So uh, just.. avoid it if I can. Talking is better don't you think?" She sat back on the mangrove root.

"Plus it's less painful. Not to mention less dengerous. This place already has it's pitfalls. I'd rather not have to deal with those on top of fighting all the time. Right now have to admit, nothing is trying to eat me here in the garden- that almost happened last time with some really huge flowers.." Nasty fat flowers with acid pots.

Kyribird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:20 pm
"You said you did not, and not you are saying that you have. Only one of those statements can be true." He squinted at the hunter. She was kind of making a mess of explaining things. Given Aurel only knew the history that was told to him second hand, as far as he knew hunters were something to fear. He did not take lying well, either.

Aurel watched her put the flowers down on the ground and exhaled a breath, moving to pick them up and pet at their petals with his index finger. "Návrat na Zem." He mumbled quietly at them, giving them a sad look. He didn't have time to sing them a proper song. It wasn't the place for that.

Attention was put back on Solia, "Why do your kind fight us?"

iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm
Solia groaned. "It's like, my job? I don't fight on purpose or want to but I have to sometimes. Sort of like... having to do homework? You avoid it if you can but ultimately you tend to get forced to do it anyway. Today has been a good day so far, no fights yet!"

Abolish homework. Abolish war with Halloween. Yes, totally comparable.

She watched him say something to the flowers, half expecting a glow or magic of some sort. When none came- "What did you say to them. Er, if you don't mind me asking."

"And as to why we fight.... I think it has to do with the fact we're afraid. Afraid of you, something we can make and that can harm us. We see what other humans can't so we become outcasts. We become afraid of what makes us different. It's like a chain reaction. Ending in us being afraid of the very thing we helped create. Like Frankenstein's creature."
She wasn't sure he'd understand the literary source or just the halloween stuff.

Kyribird

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 pm
"I told them to return to the Earth," he said simply, placing them back beside the roots of the tree. "Sometimes I can talk to plants and make them feel better? But. There's nothing you can do when their connection to the Earth is gone."

"Find a new job, then." He said bluntly. That was just common sense. If she didn't like it, don't...do it?

Aurel looked back toward Solia, brows furrowing at the Frankenstein reference. Nope, he'd never read any books through and he was pretty sure he never would because reading was hard. "I would tell you not to be afraid but then we would not exist. Your fear is a good thing, though much of it is for no reason." There were some rogue creatures that hurt humans but as far as he knew, for the most part, they were far and few between. Granted, he lived in a forest most of his life so what did he know?

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm
Oh. She looked down at the flowers then said very calmly, "Requiescat In Pace". Perhaps useless, but, maybe it would help the boil, it seemed to mean something to him, the flowers being dead and all.

"I wish I could find a new job." She held up her bow. "He keeps me alive, but so long as we're bonded... I'm chained and bound. I chose this though, but with the hope to change the ultimate outcome. It's a long process."

The bow was unsummoned, blue rose ring resting on her finger.

"Yes, that is.. where our problems begin. While many in Halloween do not a harm, it is those that do, those that push that boundary that are seen, credited, paint all with a single brush of color." It was a bit deeper of a conversation than she'd anticipated, but she liked it.
"A delicate thing. Yet somwhere it went from safe to chaotic- or if it had always been chaotic, and only now many have come to see it for what it is- a fast road to mutual destruction." She motioned for him to join her on the roots of the mangrove, to sit with her.

"Solia Delacroix."

Kyribird

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm
"Your kind have hurt someone I care for, and others that she cares for. I will take allies where I can." He decided that she was safe, for now, but he was still cautious.

He promised Amrita, after all.

Aurel was drawn to the bow, however, green eyes locking onto it. Covered in roses and a bow. Ok. That was cool. "You use a bow. So do I." It made his life easier when he went out to hunt. Easier than setting traps and waiting for things to come through and step in them. "But mine is more practical." Smirk. The indication to sit with her was met with a shake of his head. He didn't trust her, yet.

"Aurel."
iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 am
Solia nodded, understanding where the Halloweener was coming from. It was a bit hard to dismiss what some of her colleges had done.

"The long bow is..hard. I'm not exactly built for it, so I've had to figure out a way to make it work for me. Thankfully Israfel is sweet, he doesn't mind when I mess up" She shrugged.
"Its odd to think oh him as bother a weapon..and as a person at times. Mostly because we're not raised to think that items can host minds. Humans would call us.. crazy to start with I think."

When he didn't sit, she nodded again. Still understandable.
"If you don't mind me asking Aurel- what are you? You remind me of a druid or a ranger.. but also not."

Kyribird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 pm
Normally, Aurel would have been all over teaching someone how to use a bow. However, being she was who she was, he wasn't going to teach the enemy how to more effectively use a weapon against them. "You will get better, it takes practice. And arm strength." That was about as good as she was going to get out of him.

"I am a Lesovik." He stated, crossing his arms over his bare chest and watching her quietly. The inner florapuppy in him wanted to befriend everyone - but he was trying so hard to be more careful. Trusting everyone was a really hard habit to break. "We are demons who guard the forest and all that inhabit it."

So, somewhat similar to a druid - but he didn't have all sorts of magic powers. He could make himself and his surroundings change and look different but that was pretty much it.

iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:07 pm
"I've been at it over a year now- Much better than when I started, but, alas, my height is the issue, that and close combat. Arm's not the big problem, not anymore at least!" She laughed, pumping her arm as if to show off her muscle.

"A lesovik-" she pulled out her phone, noting it. "I'll have to look that up later. But it seems neat if you're a prime example of your race. Not to large, not to overly aggressive or accepting. You're... rather good in your skepticism of me." She ran her hand down the mangrove, finger reaching mud and doodling a small rune into it.

Which did nothing.

"Can you- talk to plants then? Like rose." She looked around. "Perhaps, if I might be so bold to ask, specific types of roses?"

Kyribird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm
"I have only known one other, and he was much larger than me. And old. And had a very bad attitude and hated humans and people and everything, really." Elder had threatened to kill him more often than not. His kind did not tolerate others in their territory very well and only in rare circumstances.

"Uh. In a way? Plants don't...talk. Not in the way that you think they do." Mostly, they emoted. He felt them, more than heard them. Hell, they may have talked - but his kind certainly couldn't understand the language.

Aurel watched her draw a rune in the mud and tilted his head, moving a bit closer - curiosity getting the better of him. "What was that?"
iStoleYurVamps

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:55 pm
"Oh." Oh indeed. A small disappointment, but perhaps she would find differently in later research. "Pity. Well, if it helps, I'm glad you are less hostile. It makes talking much easier. Plus less energy in fighting the better."

The one rune in the ground she etched another right after. They did nothing but it was nice to muse over how simple lines could be so significant.

"Runes. Old languages dead to many if not most. Some altered, some complex- I don't know a lot, but a few... Mostly just what are on Israfel." She pointed to one in the ground. "Flight. Peace." She smiled. "The ones on my weapon, they define him rather well really."

Kyribird

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff