Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
Movies?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandelion

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:53 pm
May I ask for recommendations for good anime -movies-? I know a few good series to watch, but I would like some good movies to watch with my husband. We were finally able to watch the new Harlock movie. "Space Pirate Captain Harlock". It was a really good movie, and came out last year.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:06 am
Oh, I like that movie. It was pretty good. 3nodding
Here is my favourite anime movies:
~Grave of the Fireflies
~All Hayao Miyazaki movie
~Akira
~Ghost in the Shell (movie)
~Paprika
~Interstella 5555
~The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
~Perfect Blue
~Tokyo Godfathers
~Vampire Hunter D
~The Secret World of Arrietty

Eireen-san

Sarcastic Spirit

19,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100

Pandelion

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:50 am
Thank you! I've never heard of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Can you tell me what its about? I love Grave of the Fireflies, but I'm currently pregnant, so it might turn me into a big bawling baby. My husband takes advantage of it sometimes, and provokes it when I cry over movies making me cry harder. (He's a bully like that sometimes. I end up just punching his side or something... which makes him fall over laughing saying that it tickles... Jerk lol)

I have both of the D movies, I simply adore the books too.

Perfect Blue, and Insterstella 5555, yup going on the list, thank you so much! Oh! And the newest Miyazaki movie, about the WW2 planes. I want to see that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 am
"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" or the original title is "Toki o kakeru shôjo". It's a movie about a girl finds that she has the ability to leap through time. With her newfound power, she tries to use it to her advantage, but soon finds that tampering with time can lead to some rather discomforting results.
It's one of my favourite anime movies. I can only recommend it. 3nodding

Eireen-san

Sarcastic Spirit

19,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:40 am
Check out Barefoot Gen. It's like the better version of Grave of the Fireflies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm
Sounds interesting, I'll add it to the list, thank you. And I read what I could find of the Barefoot Gen manga, I wasn't aware that there was an anime. THAT would turn me into a big ball of tears. Thank you for the recommendation though, might have to watch it.  

Pandelion

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:46 am
Movies...well, most of the movies I've seen are series movies...though some of my favorites from them would be:

Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess
One Piece: Strong World
Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody
Trigun: Badlands Rumble
Cowboy Bebop the Movie

as for non series movies:

Redline is a pretty good one.

and, although I'm not sure it classifies as anime, War of the Worlds: Goliath isn't bad either.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am
Really any Studio Ghibli movie is great. My favorites are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princes Mononoke.

Wolf Children Ame and Yuki is also a very good one, as well as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Other than that I don't really have any recommendations.  

Nightly Lullaby

Shy Specter

D1g1t4l_Ash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm
Well, I'm sure most of these were touched on but here is my recommendation list.

The Wind Rises (that's the Miyazaki one about the WW2 planes you mentioned. It's one of my all time favorites.)
Wolf Children
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (This is my absolute favorite film, not just anime.)
Colorful
Whisper of the Heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:07 pm
The Fullmetal Narcissist
Check out Barefoot Gen. It's like the better version of Grave of the Fireflies.

Ohhh, haven't heard of that one. Now I'm interested, thank you!  

D1g1t4l_Ash

Pandelion

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:08 pm
D1g1t4l_Ash
Well, I'm sure most of these were touched on but here is my recommendation list.

The Wind Rises (that's the Miyazaki one about the WW2 planes you mentioned. It's one of my all time favorites.)
Wolf Children
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (This is my absolute favorite film, not just anime.)
Colorful
Whisper of the Heart

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll mention them to Blue and see if they want to watch any of them. I know I want to see The Wind Rises.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 pm
Pan Tiam
D1g1t4l_Ash

Wolf Children
Colorful
Whisper of the Heart

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll mention them to Blue and see if they want to watch any of them. I know I want to see The Wind Rises.

No problem! I hope you like them!  

D1g1t4l_Ash

Nausicaa84

Angelic Gaian

3,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:32 pm
I LOOOOVE Captain Harlock! Not so much the new one though. The anime is great. I recommend anything from his creator, Leiji Matsumoto. My movie recommendation is Galaxy Express 999. Such an amazing movie. Harlock is in it too. heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:22 am
Summer Wars is a really good one too. Black Rock Shooter I enjoy too.  

Jiveturkey

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:17 am
spirited away was my first and only  
✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash