Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Do I have to have kids? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 am
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
It's kinda depressing in a way

How so?

It has more to do with my own skewed perception. The bible says marriage isn't necessary. It's like it's only a tool to keep you from lusting. Kinda like how God was against divorce but allowed the Jews to divorce (if the reason was adultery). It's also not guaranteed. So I might not ever get married; even if I wanted to, I don't get everything I want because it might not be a part of God's plan.

Marriage is a tool for those things and if someone really desires a spouse then marriage is a good thing. Also that is the best optimal structure for children to grow up stable, thus building the best society from the ground up. It's better of God that we do get married if you can't contain yourself rather than want to have sex but not getting married just to prove a point (not you but other people think that way). I had a friend say marriage isn't just a "free boning pass" and just to have sex, but that's better than living in sin.

Not sure how you mean the bolded part, but if you're able to handle being unmarried forever there's not a problem there. And even if God doesn't give us things we want it's for a good reason. I kept whining about a job all year and half the places that rejected me are facing scandals now. Prayers should always be ended with "in God's will" so we avoid those kinds of shenanigans.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:04 am
One thing I learned in my years of theology classes, never let anyone else tell you what god wants from you. It is you and YOU alone that can say what God wants from you. Pray on it, think on it, let the answer that comes from your heart and soul tell you whether or not kids are in your future. Not all of us are meant to have wives/husbands, or kids. Gods plan is specific to the individual, THEN the whole.  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:17 am
Shpleck
One thing I learned in my years of theology classes, never let anyone else tell you what god wants from you. It is you and YOU alone that can say what God wants from you. Pray on it, think on it, let the answer that comes from your heart and soul tell you whether or not kids are in your future. Not all of us are meant to have wives/husbands, or kids. Gods plan is specific to the individual, THEN the whole.

I like this answer  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 pm
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage
…Yet I wish that all men were even as I myself am. However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

If it is not necessary for everyone to marry, then logically it is not necessary for everyone to have offspring.

You only read in Genesis 1:28 to be fruitful and multiply. To fill the Earth and subdue it. There is currently 7 billion people on Earth... I'd say it is no longer necessary for everyone to be fruitful since we have filled most of the Earth,
According to the most recent United Nations estimates, the human population of the world is expected to reach 8 billion people in the spring of 2024.

actually there is really more room to spare. You think 7 billion people is a lot? Not really, if you take all of the people in the world and put them side by side and line them up in rows, you can fit everyone into the state of Nevada. So there is still plenty of room for us to be fruitful and multiply, that also helps bring more people the world to witness.  

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:25 pm
_JesusFreak13227_
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage
…Yet I wish that all men were even as I myself am. However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

If it is not necessary for everyone to marry, then logically it is not necessary for everyone to have offspring.

You only read in Genesis 1:28 to be fruitful and multiply. To fill the Earth and subdue it. There is currently 7 billion people on Earth... I'd say it is no longer necessary for everyone to be fruitful since we have filled most of the Earth,
According to the most recent United Nations estimates, the human population of the world is expected to reach 8 billion people in the spring of 2024.

actually there is really more room to spare. You think 7 billion people is a lot? Not really, if you take all of the people in the world and put them side by side and line them up in rows, you can fit everyone into the state of Nevada. So there is still plenty of room for us to be fruitful and multiply, that also helps bring more people the world to witness.

Yeah, tell that to the dying planet earth and the orphans. Plus it doesn't mean we will be bringing more witnesses to the world either  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage

Yeah, tell that to the dying planet earth and the orphans. Plus it doesn't mean we will be bringing more witnesses to the world either

Our earth has been dying for quite some time, there isn't much we can do for it like those green tree hugging hippies think we can. And we are to witness to those orphans and starving kids. That's what missionaries do. If Christian parents bring their kids up right then they too COULD be missionaries. Our church does crisis care kits for those starving orphans in other countries.  

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:08 am
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage

Our earth has been dying for quite some time, there isn't much we can do for it like those green tree hugging hippies think we can. And we are to witness to those orphans and starving kids. That's what missionaries do. If Christian parents bring their kids up right then they too COULD be missionaries. Our church does crisis care kits for those starving orphans in other countries.

In my opinion it would be better to take care of the kids we have now than bring even more into the world. Nowadays kids are more of a burden then a necessity in most first world countries. Today's middle class family doesn't need to have a kid  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 am
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage

In my opinion it would be better to take care of the kids we have now than bring even more into the world. Nowadays kids are more of a burden then a necessity in most first world countries. Today's middle class family doesn't need to have a kid

No I agree, we need to take care of the kids we have in today's society. The generation of younger kids in middle school and high school now is just awful. But that is just wrong to say kids that are had now are a burden. YOU don't know how parents feel about their kids that they had. Yeah maybe they had it out of wedlock and it wasn't planned. But 95% (just guessing from what I've seen) love those kids and wouldn't trade them for the world and would say that they are not a burden whatsoever. That is like saying those kids are a waste of space, and that's just wrong. God loves all the little kids and would hope one day parents would bring them up right in Christian homes. And what do you mean middle class shouldn't have kids? You do realize that you (and you're parents) are probably part of middle class, if you down own a big business and don't make a lot of money then that's where you'd be categorized. So in that are you saying your parents shouldn't have had you? I think your parents would say otherwise.  

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 am
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
Garland-Green
1 Corinthians /-9
Teachings on Marriage

But that is just wrong to say kids that are had now are a burden. YOU don't know how parents feel about their kids that they had. Yeah maybe they had it out of wedlock and it wasn't planned. But 95% (just guessing from what I've seen) love those kids and wouldn't trade them for the world and would say that they are not a burden whatsoever. That is like saying those kids are a waste of space, and that's just wrong. God loves all the little kids and would hope one day parents would bring them up right in Christian homes. And what do you mean middle class shouldn't have kids? You do realize that you (and you're parents) are probably part of middle class, if you down own a big business and don't make a lot of money then that's where you'd be categorized. So in that are you saying your parents shouldn't have had you? I think your parents would say otherwise.

Don't take what I say out of context; "shouldn't" and "doesn't need" AREN'T interchangeable. First off, middle class families don't need kids meaning they are not a requirement for their lifestyle like back in the day. I didn't say they shouldn't have kids. Second off, kids can be a burden just like anything else in life. They can be a financial, emotional, and mental burden if the parents can't handle having a kid. Just like having a nice car or caring for a parent with dementia, it can be stressful because it is a BIG responsibility. If you cannot handle it then yes IT IS A BURDEN. Some parents though they don't hate their kid would have liked to have waited or are stressed from their kids. For many it puts a strain on marriages and their life because they weren't ready for a kid, but that doesn't stop people from having kids unprepared. I never said parents hate their kids or have regrets having kids so I don't even know why you said that. I'm just saying they aren't necessary which is why a lot of countries in Europe or a country like Japan especially are facing a serious population decline because people aren't having kids. You don't need them. And I am well aware of my social status, thank you :/  
Christian Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff