Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
Anime like...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mayama or Nomiya?
  Mayama
  Nomiya
View Results

Hitsuke-Kun

High-functioning Datemate

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:32 pm
Hey guys, I've been in this guild a little while now but I haven't even spoken a word yet ...heh sweatdrop , anyways I know a decent amount of anime and i have a suuuuuuper long list but there are two types of anime in specific I need to see more of. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any anime like Honey and clover, really sweet and romancy and deep, something that kinda makes you think and imagine a characters situation, oh and with a splice of comedy too if possible 3nodding . the second one is something like lucky star, something thats easy going and random, and doesn't really have to have any real plot, plot is welcomed by all means tho - Two totally different things, i know. Also sorry for this post being so long but thanks in regards mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm
For Honey and Clover:
Nodame Cantabile
Both are slice of life shows with characters going to school and focusing on the arts. They also have a similar style of animation.

For Lucky Star:
Azumanga Daioh
I saw the short that goes with this series. It seems to be a plot-less comedy featuring school girls.

School Rumble
Both are slice of life school comedies with random humor. You'll get more romance with School Rumble.

Genshiken
Not as random but it's a comedy/parody (with a school setting) that has that otaku going about their lives thing. Which can lead to weird situations.

FLCL & Excel Saga
Not really Lucky Star but, you can't mention randomness with mentioning these two. FLCL is quick with 6 episodes. Excel Saga was parodied in Lucky Star if I remember correctly.  

Eowalenna
Crew

Dapper Shoujo

17,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm
Kaichou wa maid sama

La corda de oro

Pretier

My bride is a mermaid

Escloflone  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:22 pm
Reverse harems & a mecha... Interesting choice in shows although, I do not quite understand it. They are romances but still. Anyway, allow me to fix a couple of titles:

La Corda D'Oro
Pretear
Escaflowne

The La Corda D'Oro series have wonderful music if you love classical.  

Eowalenna
Crew

Dapper Shoujo

17,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Eireen-san

Sarcastic Spirit

19,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 am
~Kami nomi zo shiru sekai
~Kamisama hajimemashita
~Kimi ni todoke
~Baka to test to shoukanjuu
~Golden time
~Niseko  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:37 pm
Thanks For the suggestions guys, sorry it took me so long to get reply but apparently it doesn't notify me whey you guys post on this? anyways, I will definitely be checking these out to add to my already extremely long list 3nodding
also, why you no vote??? Vote dangit mad  

Hitsuke-Kun

High-functioning Datemate

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Eowalenna
Reverse harems & a mecha... Interesting choice in shows although, I do not quite understand it. They are romances but still. Anyway, allow me to fix a couple of titles:

La Corda D'Oro
Pretear
Escaflowne

The La Corda D'Oro series have wonderful music if you love classical.

sweatdrop lol thanks for that I was typing from my phone and it kept autocorrecting stuff...this happens a lot wit anime titles!  
✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games