Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Currently watching - Onward "Christian" Zionists [Youtube]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 am
Onward "Christian" Zionists - Full Documentary

My comments:
Marius Schjelderup 18 hours ago (edited)

So much antisemitism and hatred gathered in one place... Do you believe that God abandoned His people, and His promises to the people He chose? Is God unfaithful? What place do you think Jesus' feet will touch first when he returns? Was Jesus not Jewish? Do you believe hatred of any people is inspired by God? I see people here saying it is justifiable gathering all the Jews and blowing them up... Where have we heard that before?
Romans 3
English Standard Version (ESV)
God's Righteousness Upheld

3 Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? 2 Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. 3 What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? 4 By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written,

Genesis 12:2-3
And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.

Zechariah 14:3-4
The Destroyers of Jerusalem Destroyed
…Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

Zechariah 12:2-3
“Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples. The siege of Jerusalem will also be against Judah. On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.

Revelation 12:13 (ESV)
13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

Who is the church people? Is the church the Christian church? No, it did not give birth to Jesus, because it did not exist at Jesus birth. It was Israel that gave birth to Jesus, and Jesus who gave birth to the Christian church. 

Second comment;
Marius Schjelderup23 hours ago

Posted by a user as a comment to this video; "The jews seek to destroy and annihilate both Christianity and Islam, by using Zionism as the impetus to bring both religions against each other. The Zionists are warmongers, the Christian Zionists who support their evil, are duped, because they do not understand scripture, and believe these Zionist frauds and liars and antichrists are still somehow divinely chosen."

Wow... Apparently you can call people, especially Jews anything these days without someone as much as wanting to shake their head in disapproval. "The Jews seek to destroy and annihilate both Christianity and Islam..." Do you recognize the language you use against the Jewish people?

“The Ten Commandments have lost their validity. Conscience is a Jewish invention, it is a blemish like circumcision.”

- Rauschning, Hitler Speaks, p. 220

“. . . the discovery of the Jewish virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Pasteur and Koch. How many diseases have their origin in the Jewish virus! ... We shall regain our health only be eliminating the Jew.”

- Adolf Hitler (quoted in Burleigh and Wippermann, Racial State, p. 107)

“If only one country, for whatever reason, tolerates a Jewish family in it, that family will become the germ center for fresh sedition. If one little Jewish boy survives without any Jewish education, with no synagogue and no Hebrew school, it [Judaism] is in his soul. Even if there had never been a synagogue or a Jewish school or an Old Testament, the Jewish spirit would still exist and exert its influence. It has been there from the beginning and there is no Jew, not a single one, who does not personify it.”

- Robert Wistrich, Hitler's Apocalypse, p. 122; from a conversation with Croatian Foreign Minister General Kvaternik, July 21, 1941

“The internal expurgation of the Jewish spirit is not possible in any platonic way. For the Jewish spirit is the product of the Jewish person. Unless we expel the Jewish people. Unless we expel the Jewish people soon, they will have judaized our people within a very short time.”

- Jackel, Hitler's Worldview, p. 52; from a speech at Nuremberg, January 13, 1923

Reply by owner;
Veritas Vincit Omnia13 hours ago

How much are you being paid by Israhell or whoever, to disseminate your Zionist bullshit & deception.. NOTE: Despite the problems within Christendom due to evil's desire to destroy her, it is the CHURCH OF CHRISTIANS who are God's true so called chosen people. The so called Jews gave up this claim 2000 years ago when they had the Son of God (no less), via the pagan Romans crucified.. FACT. Most Jews today are not even semetic, they are fake and as far as those who are much closer to the middle eastern people of Palestine 2000 years ago, they are small in number.. but regardless of their genetics, if they are modern believing synagogue jews, whether they know it or not, they are part of the synagogue of satan, because they are all at some level so anti Christ.. Do your self a big favour and get your self a copy of the Babylonian Talmud. There you can read so many disgusting things that make the harshness of the Koran seem like a tea party… You know, Jesus in hell, being boiled in a cauldron of s**t.. and that His Blessed Mother Mary was just a common Whore… dear oh dear.. despite Islams faults, a Muslim would NEVER come out with such vile hatred, yet the JEWS do and get away with it because so many are just ignorant as to who the Jews real represent… Oh and if you wanna say Muhammad was a pervert for marrying a 6-9 year old girl.. well, compared to what the disgusting talmudic Rabbis teach as regards how it is ok to rape 3 year old girls, you don't have a leg to stand on… IF YOU ARE JUST AN IGNORANT PERSON - WAKE UP !!!

[Working link(s) April 9th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:08 am
My comment to Veritas Vincit Omnia;

I am not being paid anything. The problem with Christendom is most certainly due to evil, evil in mans heart, and inability and unwillingness to read the word of God as God intends it to be read. You are calling God a liar whether you are aware of it or not. I don't have this from my self, some special interpretation of the Bible, but this is what the Bible say about the Jewish people. There are no verses saying that there will come real Jews and take the land from the false Jews who wrongly and deceitfully have claimed the land. However there are verses supporting what we see today.

Romans 11:25
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Don't you think God would think that important enough to mention if false Jews had taken over the land? Who are not genetically Jews, but a different people all together?

Romans 11:19-24
19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Romans 11:25-36
The Mystery of Israel's Salvation

25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
27 “and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. 32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”
36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

So I guess it leaves you with two options to trust the theories and conspiracies of man, or to trust the Word of God.

Romans 11:11
I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!

Romans 11:1
I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

Prophecy: "Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a
moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children." Isaiah 66:8

Fulfillment: We've all heard the expression, Rome wasn't built in a day yet this verse, while confessing the absurdity of a nation being
formed in one day, promises that Israel would again become a nation. The passage in Isaiah leaves no room for doubt as to what this
prophecy indicates. It specifically compares Israel (Zion) to a woman in labor and clearly states the nation's rebirth will occur within a day. As
promised, Israel did indeed become a united, sovereign nation for the first time since the days of King Solomon in just one day: May 15, 1948.
Throughout history, it has never been known for a people to have been dispersed for millenniums and to later become united with their
culture, religion, and language intact.

Isaiah 43:6
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

Ezekiel 34:13
I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

Ezekiel 37:21
and say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land.

An attack on my person by trying to belittle me, and accuse me of conspiracy with Israel is not the way I would go about if I wanted people to listen to my points, or at all take me seriously. What are we told a Christian is like?
Does he hate his fellow man, or his brother because he is of another denomination?

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 John 2:9
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.

Why does Jesus return to the Mount of Olives if God is through with Israel?

Zechariah 14:4
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Why does He fight against the nations that come against Israel from all over the world if He is through with Israel?

Zechariah 14:2-3
For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

Joel 3:2
I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land,

Revelation 16:13-16
And I saw, coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs. For they are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty. (“Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!”) And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:02 pm
Final comment by Veritas Vincit Omnia;

Zzzzz… you sound like a Jewish Troll plain & simple..
Fu*k off back to Tel Aviv, I have no time for Jewish Weasels
Scumbag Zionist Snakes in the Grass like you..  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:28 pm
Would you respond any further?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:43 pm
Warning, contains foul language and should not be read if you are sensitive of spirit. It is almost so that I am hesitant to post this, but I want to show you what a different spirit is like. How hateful and foul it is. How accusatory, impatient and disrespectful it is.

Another comment Veritas Vincit Omnia;

❖ The Zionist & Masonic Modern State of Israel is NOT a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, but rather a Diabolical & Illegitimate Zionist Scheme. ● Only the Lying, Thieving, & Perfidious Zionist Jews & their "Useful Idiot" accomplices; (Zionist Protestants in the main..) drunk on Rothschild's Diabolical, 19th Century, Dispensationalist, Scofield 'Study Bible', believe & promote, or simply just promote, the Absolute modern day Heresy & Fantasy that the Modern State of Israel is a modern fulfilment of Isaiah 11, whereby "Israel" are to be gathered a "second time" or even a "third time"... Nothing could be further from the Truth. ❖ The cold hard FACT is that the 2nd return of the Jews had already taken place, long before the Theft of Palestinian lands & the accompanying Indiscriminate, Cold Blooded Vicious Murders & "Ethnic Cleansing", perpetrated by the "Jews" Against the Palestinians which occurred before, during & after the Fraudulent & corrupt U.N. partition of Palestine in 1948.

Also, many of those innocent Palestinians, who were Murdered, were solid Christian believers.. ❖ The True Truth is that the second return of the Jews had already taken place way back in 546 BC, with the return of the Jews living throughout the vast Babylonian Empire; which as far as Isaiah was concerned, was the "4 corners of the world".. ( the 1st Return being, the return from Egypt, back to the land of Canaan, around 1445 BC) ❖ Furthermore, the Bible does NOT predict a "3rd Re-gathering"..

You, Zionist Rat, will do well to REMEMBER Jesus Christ's rebuke to the unbelieving Jews ?

"You serpents, generation of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of hell.. ..Amen I say to you, all these things shall come upon this generation. Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered together thy children, as the hen doth gather her chickens under her wings, and thou wouldest not ? Behold, your house shall be left to you, desolate. For I say to you, you shall not see me henceforth till you say: 'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord'."
- Matt 23:33-39

❖ NOTE WELL: Despite your Utter Ignorance and Vain Zionist Arrogance, the Truth is that you and your ilk, are part of a Diabolical Zionist Jew, "Synagogue of Satan" Agenda to:

● 1, rule the world.

● 2, Rebuild the Temple at Jerusalem, (which will of course be the Seat of Power to the coming Jewish Anti Christ, who will terrorize the world..) &

● 3, Steal Vast Swathes of Middle Eastern Land (& Oil of course,) in order to Re-Establish "Greater Israel's" borders, to comply with your Diabolical Zionist Reading of Gen 15,18-21. - ONE NEED ONLY LOOK AT how the dominant groups in U.S. Politics, Power & the Media are Zionist Jews, the "Neo Cons", AIPAC, the Jewish Lobby, the ADL etc etc.. and how these Jewish interests, & "Israel" of course, have consistently been responsible for the endless tide of Deceitful Geo-Political Manipulations, Discord, Murder & War in the Middle East, since the Illegitimate Establishment of "Israel", i.e. ISRAHELL, TO BE ABLE TO DISCERN that the Zionist Jews Wicked activities are in fact nothing less than Forewarnings, Signs & Demonic Shadows of their future Diabolical Plans for Israel, the Middle East & indeed the World.

❖ No doubt you have been infected with a certain Zionist Poison that Erroneously teaches that God has One plan for the Jews & One plan for the Church, as Zionist "Evangelicals" & Other Ignorant, Misguided Heretics would have us all believe.. & that the Church is not Israel (i.e. the True Israel)...

❖ However, Authentic & Correct Christian Biblical Teaching throughout history,..
has Never Taught that God has One Plan for the Jews & One Plan for the Church, as Zionist "Evangelicals" & Other Ignorant, Misguided Judaized Heretics would have us all believe.. God's TRUE Plan, AS IT IS WRITTEN, is that the "Enemies of the Cross" (the Jews) & the "Pagans & Idolaters" (the Gentiles) simply:

● A, embrace Christ Jesus, - &:

● B, therefore become ONE in Christ's Mystical Body - &:

● C, just become Christians.

✟ Here is the Biblical Proof: "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and breaking down the middle wall of partition, the enmities in his flesh : Making void the law of commandments contained in decrees ; that he might make the two in himself into one new man, making peace ; And might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, killing the enmities in himself." ( Ephesians 2:14-16) - This is of course another Clear Proof how Modern day "Israel" is NOT a Fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy... ❖ Furthermore, You should also NOTE how the Jews living there today,

● 1, Continue to Deny that Jesus Christ is the Messiah.

● 2, Still Hate Jesus Christ & His New Testament.

● 3, Still tirelessly work for the Corruption, Annihilation & Deletion of Christianity, just like they always have...

● 4, Continue to utter & write unspeakable Blasphemous Obscenities against Christ, His Mother Mary & all Christians, just like they have always done so in their True "Holy Book" The TALMUD, which still holds for them of course to this day...

❖ So, is this "Israel" really the Lords Plan or is it Satan's plan ? Clearly, the modern Illegitimate & Racist Apartheid State of "Israel" & also their Worldwide, Subversive & "Revolutionary"Activities, that have consistently sought to Undermine, Corrupt, Destroy & Subvert Christian Values all over the Christian world, is Satan's plan as it is so manifestly Anti Christ & certainly Not Worthy of any Blessing whatsoever...

◉ Hey, btw, check out the Winter 2004 edition of the "Jewish Quartely", there you will find a piece written by Jew Professor Nathan Abrams. Here, amongst other things, he writes on the "ATAVISTIC HATRED" for Christianity that motivates the JEWS who Control & Dominate Pornography.. & how the Jews desire to weaken & Morally Subvert the dominant Christian Culture..

✡ "JEWISH INVOLVEMENT IN PORN.. IS THE RESULT OF AN ATAVISTIC HATRED OF CHRISTIAN AUTHORITY.. THEY (JEWS) ARE TRYING TO WEAKEN THE DOMINANT CULTURE IN AMERICA BY MORAL SUBVERSION.."

✡ "THE ONLY REASON THAT JEWS ARE IN PORNOGRAPHY IS THAT WE THINK THAT CHRIST SUCKS, CATHOLICISM SUCKS.. PORNOGRAPHY BECOMES A WAY TO DEFILE CHRISTIAN CULTURE" Jew Al Goldstein, publisher of Screw Magazine

❖ Only Devout & Fervent Prayer Against the Diabolical agenda & actions of the Luciferian Entity & Illegitimate State of "Israel" is called for here.. so that these Racist, so called "Jews" will finally have the Grace to abandon their Perfidious, Anti Christ Racist Ways & Disposition & Embrace Christ Jesus & His True Church & Faith - the TRUE ✟ ISRAEL. - Only This Scenario can be described as a "True Fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy."

❖ It is NOT I, or the Christians (Orthodox/Catholic) who are "against God" or "doing the bidding of the Anti Christ".. but in Actual Fact, YOU, with your Jewish/Zionist Protestant Shabbos Goy Chums, under the direction of your Zionist Jewish Masters who are doing that.. through the constant Lying, Misinterpretation & Distortion of the Bible, Church History & Politics, IN ORDER TO JUSTIFY the Diabolical, Zionist, Anti Christ Agenda & also the Murderous, Racist, Illegitimate Regime & State of "Israel", as some kind of Biblical fulfillment... when Clearly, as Written in the Bible & Taught by the Historical Church, it is NOT.

❖ You are either a stinking Zionist Jew or just another pathetic, misguided, & misinformed Zionist Protestant Rat/Liberal "catholic", who does not know any better, & accuses Orthodox & Traditional Catholic Christians of what You Are Really Your Self, i.e. a Servant of Satan...

I hope one day, that you will be Blessed with sufficient Graces to finally realize the True Christian & Biblical Truth about the Jews etc.. & Abandon all of your Zionist, Synagogue of Satan, Jewish/Protestant Heresies, but whatever you ultimately choose, you can be quite sure of this too,

THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL, JESUS CHRIST'S HOLY CATHOLIC ✟ ORTHODOX CHURCH IS THE TRUE ISRAEL. & for your own benefit and all those around you: ❖ "Reprove the Works of Darkness" - Don't Support Them…

- THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS, IF WATCHED IN GOOD WILL, WILL INFORM YOU OF THE TRUE TRUTH..

◉ Jewish Revolutionary Spirit & Its Impact on World History
- Jewish Revolutionary Spirit & Its Impact on World History

◉ Freud, Zionism & Sexual Revolution
- Freud, Zionism & Sexual Revolution

◉ How Porn Is Used As A Weapon Of Subversion
- How Porn Is Used As A Weapon Of Subversion

◉ Sex Subliminal Messages To Corrupt & Control
- Sex Subliminal Messages To Corrupt & Control

◉ Revolutionary Jews Promote Porn, Feminism & Homo Agenda
- Revolutionary Jews Promote Porn, Feminism & Homo Agenda E Michael Jones

◉ Jewish War Against Art - Dr. E Michael Jones
- Jewish War Against Art - Dr. E Michael Jones

◉ Sexual "Liberation" & Political Control - Libido Dominandi
- Sexual "Liberation" & Political Control - Libido Dominandi

◉ The Talmud
- The Talmud

Garland @ guild; Wow.... How is it possible to think this way? This is so much conspiracy theories, and historic misinterpretations and outright lies and twisting of Scripture. Should I bother? It would take me days to formulate a reply I think. With the kind of anger his language show would he have ears to hear? Do you get a sense that he belongs to some kind of white supremacy group with the kind of language he uses? Should I request Bible verses to support his conspiracy theories? I have also noted that he leaves out parts of the verses he is quoting, and where they are located because if the verses happened to be placed in context they would disprove what he is saying. He is being intentionally deceptive.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:10 am
Garland-Green

No. talk2hand lol

I will say this though: I have come across Ephesians 2:15 in my personal reading and been perplexed as to what Paul is referring to. Paul cannot be denying/negating his other statements expressed in other letters, about God's law being written on our hearts under the new covenant (Hebrews 8:10), being slaves to God's law in our minds as saved believers in Christ (Romans 7:25), that the law is good if one use it properly (1 Timothy 1:8).

Even looking at the same chapter of the same letter, four verses down:

Quote:
Ephesians 2:19-22 (NIV)

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

The prophets, apostles and Jesus himself who constantly told people to turn from their wicked ways back to God's law. So what, specifically, Paul is referring to in Eph 2:15 remains a mystery to me (unless he's referring to the law of sin in the flesh?).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:15 pm
Garland-Green

Are you familiar with the Scofield Bible issue? That is pretty key here.

Not really thrilled that you're quoting a book about Hitler when we know very well that Jews are denying Jesus as Messiah -- when all along it has been their great tragedy but it will all be set right in the end -- that is most certainly what Romans 11 is about.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 pm
Silvyee
Garland-Green

Not really thrilled that you're quoting a book about Hitler when we know very well that Jews are denying Jesus as Messiah -- when all along it has been their great tragedy but it will all be set right in the end -- that is most certainly what Romans 11 is about.

I didn't quote it to give validity to his (Hitler's) claims and rhetoric, but to show the spirit behind hatred towards the Jews since the language is so similar. It is certainly not how we are supposed to correct someone who is wrong. I was hoping it would make people shameful with some of the same claims coming out of the mouth of a mass-murderer and someone who also at the same time hated Christianity, and denied Christ, since they who hold these views claim to be Christians. smile I did perhaps do a bad job at that if it came off as something else. If that is the case I apologize. They (they who claim we as Christians have replaced the Jews, that they are not abandoned. That God gave us the blessings, and promises that He promised them in the Old Testament) refuse to acknowledge Romans 11. When I posted it, he did not even bother to reply to it. The temporary partial hardening of the Jews was for our sake. That is one the differences between the between the denial of Hitler, and the denial of the Jews, and a Christian should certainly not hate someone.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Luke 6: 27-31
But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way.

No I am not familiar with the Scofield Bible issue... It is a study Bible isn't it?
Would you mind helping me out so that if I am in the same situation in the future that I know what they base this on? smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 am
Garland-Green
Silvyee
Garland-Green

I didn't quote it to give validity to his (Hitler's) claims and rhetoric, but to show the spirit behind hatred towards the Jews since the language is so similar. It is certainly not how we are supposed to correct someone who is wrong. I was hoping it would make people shameful with some of the same claims coming out of the mouth of a mass-murderer and someone who also at the same time hated Christianity, and denied Christ, since they who hold these views claim to be Christians. smile I did perhaps do a bad job at that if it came off as something else. If that is the case I apologize. They (they who claim we as Christians have replaced the Jews, that they are not abandoned. That God gave us the blessings, and promises that He promised them in the Old Testament) refuse to acknowledge Romans 11. When I posted it, he did not even bother to reply to it. The temporary partial hardening of the Jews was for our sake. That is one the differences between the between the denial of Hitler, and the denial of the Jews, and a Christian should certainly not hate someone.

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way.

No I am not familiar with the Scofield Bible issue... It is a study Bible isn't it?
Would you mind helping me out so that if I am in the same situation in the
future that I know what they base this on? smile

I'm not entirely familiar with the Scotfield Refrence Bible either but have looked at a few things in it. It's alright to use to map certain things out (Dispensation) but leads the reader into date setting and the like. Just keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:18 am
Silvyee
Garland-Green

Does it have something to do with the Rapture, and Israels place in the end times?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:21 am
real eyes realize
Garland-Green

No. talk2hand lol

I will say this though: I have come across Ephesians 2:15 in my personal reading and been perplexed as to what Paul is referring to. Paul cannot be denying/negating his other statements expressed in other letters, about God's law being written on our hearts under the new covenant (Hebrews 8:10), being slaves to God's law in our minds as saved believers in Christ (Romans 7:25), that the law is good if one use it properly (1 Timothy 1:8).

Even looking at the same chapter of the same letter, four verses down:

Quote:
Ephesians 2:19-22 (NIV)

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

The prophets, apostles and Jesus himself who constantly told people to turn from their wicked ways back to God's law. So what, specifically, Paul is referring to in Eph 2:15 remains a mystery to me (unless he's referring to the law of sin in the flesh?).

I will follow your example and lay the topic to rest, at least on youtube with that individual.

Ephesians 2:15
15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.

I think, though I can't say for sure that this is the key to understanding the verse. So if I understand it right it is the law that is expressed in ordinances that are abolished and not the law itself.

Encyclopedias - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia - Ordinance
ORDINANCE

or'-di-nans:

1. Old Testament Use:

This word generally represents chuqqah, something prescribed, enactment, usually with reference to matters of ritual. In the King James Version the same word is frequently translated by "statute" or "statutes," which is also the rendering of a similar Hebrew word, namely, choq. the Revised Version (British and American) generally retains "ordinance," but sometimes substitutes "statute" (e.g. Exodus 18:20; Psalms 99:7). In one instance the Revised Version (British and American) renders "set portion" (Ezekiel 45:14). The word generally has a religious or ceremonial significance. It is used for instance in connection with the Passover (Exodus 12:43; Numbers 9:14). According to Exodus 12:14, the Passover was "an ordinance for ever," i.e. a permanent institution. In the plural the word is often employed, along with such terms as commandments, laws, etc., with reference to the different prescriptions of the Deuteronomic and Priestly codes (Deuteronomy 6:1,2; Leviticus 18:4).

In 11 passages (Exodus 15:25; Joshua 24:25; 1 Samuel 30:25; 2 Kings 17:34,37; 2 Chronicles 33:8; 35:13; Psalms 119:91; Isaiah 58:2 twice; Ezekiel 11:20) "ordinance" is the rendering of mishpaT, judgment, decision or sentence by a judge or ruler. In the Book of the Covenant (Exodus 20:22-23:33) the term "judgments" denotes civil, as contrasted with ritual, enactments. In 2 Kings 17:34 the King James Version employs "manners" and "ordinances" as renderings of this word. In 3 passages (Leviticus 18:30; 22:9; Malachi 3:14) "ordinance" is the translation of mishmereth, "charge," which the Revised Version (British and American) restores. In one instance (Nehemiah 10:32) ordinance renders mitswah, "commandment," while in Ezra 3:10 the King James Version the phrase "after the ordinance of David" represents a Hebrew phrase which literally means "upon the hands of David," i.e. under the guidance or direction of David.

2. New Testament Use:

In the New Testament, "ordinance" renders different Greek words, namely,

(1) dikaioma, in Luke 1:6 and Hebrews 9:1,10. The word means literally, "anything declared right"; but in these passages ceremonial and religious regulation;

(2) dogma, in Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14. In the New Testament this word always means a decree or edict (Acts 17:7);

(3) paradosis, in 1 Corinthians 11:2 the King James Version, the Revised Version (British and American) substitutes "traditions";

(4) ktisis, "setting up," "institution" in 1 Peter 2:13. The term is used exclusively of the action of God. Peter implies that institutions, apparently human, such as the family and the state, are of divine origin. The same doctrine is found in Romans 13:1.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:25 am
Tsur
Garland-Green
Silvyee
Garland-Green

Would you mind helping me out so that if I am in the same situation in the
future that I know what they base this on? smile

I'm not entirely familiar with the Scotfield Refrence Bible either but have looked at a few things in it. It's alright to use to map certain things out (Dispensation) but leads the reader into date setting and the like. Just keep that in mind.
Thank you for the heads up! Once I figure out what their objections are against the Scofield Bible is I think I am going to read it to see what the fuss is about.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces