Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
Comfort through Christ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I do more studies?
  Aye.
  Nay.
View Results

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:49 pm
What's in the Bible: Comfort - 7 Days

Sometimes we just all need a bit more encouragement. This reading plan is great for that. The whole family can read about faithful people in the Bible who turned to the Lord for comfort when times were tough! Each reading includes a short video, Bible verse and then a question to talk about or think on together. God's Word is alive - and He knows what we need to encourage our hearts.

We would like to thank Phil Vischer for this plan. For more information, please visit: whatsinthebible.com

Each day, I will post a link to the video, the Bible verse(s), as well as the Devotional Content. Comments are welcomed and encouraged.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:49 pm
Bible Verse
Jeremiah 15:16
Video
•First Day
Devotional Content
Jeremiah is often called the "weeping prophet" for the way he cries out to God on the behalf of His people. At the time of Jeremiah's ministry and words, many false prophets were telling people they could find peace and security in things other than God. That was really hard for Jeremiah, who loved his people so much. People didn't listen to him, even though his words were from the Lord! He knew that bad things were going to happen. He leaned on God and His word during a very hard time for comfort and to know he was not alone.

Think about where you go when you need comfort. What do you turn to? This verse reminds us to rely on God's Word for encouragement. God is ever-present, and we can turn to Him for all things! Spend some time in prayer, praising God for the gift of His Word.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:16 pm
Bible Verse
Isaiah 26:3
Video
•Second Day
Devotional Content
Isaiah was a prophet when Israel was falling apart. It was a very scary time for all of the Israelites! Isaiah's message from God was that they were being punished for not being a faithful people. But also, God told them told them through Isaiah that He would restore His people! He promised them perfect peace. Perfect peace after all of that! He really is faithful to his children!

Who do you look to for peace when it's a bad day? Do you trust in God alone, or do you look to some other source to find peace and comfort? God promises to give us peace when we turn our minds on him, He always loves when His children spend time asking Him to help you trust in Him.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 am
Bible Verse
Psalms 30:11-12
Video
•Third Day
Devotional Content
In Psalm 30, King David writes about the dangers of relying on your own strength instead of relying on God. Relying on God leads us to a deeper relationship and a better friendship with Him, which is reason to shout for joy. God promises that one day, all our sadness will be turned into dancing! Even in times of confusion, sadness, or trouble, we can trust God. He has promised to take care of us.

When trouble comes, do you rely upon yourself or upon God? We may look many places for comfort, but God promises that the only true comfort can come from Him. Spend some time thanking Him for His promise to make all things right, that all of our present mourning will one day be turned into rejoicing. Do a shout of joy to say Thank You God!  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
Kaosujin Ryu generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:31 pm
Bible Verse
Psalms 69:32
Video
•Fourth Day
Devotional Content
In Psalm 69, David cries out to God to save him from his enemies. The Psalm opens with despair, but by its end the mood turns into one of praise. David is sure with all his heart that God will hear and answer his prayer, and he takes comfort from the firm belief that God will do so.

Do you seek God in the midst of difficult circumstances, or are you tempted to rely upon something or someone else? God desires that we would turn to Him in times of trouble, and He promises to give us strength. Spend some time thanking Him for this promise and asking Him to help you believe it more.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Bible Verse
2 Corinthians 7:13
Video
•Fifth Day
Devotional Content
There is nothing like the encouragement of good friends! Paul spends much of 2 Corinthians telling the story of his missionary travels. Here he expresses how thankful he is for the encouragement and comfort he and his friend Titus had received from the Corinthians, and he hopes that he and Titus can give that encouragement right back to them as well. Christians are called to comfort and strengthen one another in the faith as they grow together in Christ.

Isn’t it great when someone encourages you? Do you provide encouragement in return? Spend some time thanking God for those people in your life who have helped you to grow as a Christian. Ask God to lead like-minded friends who can encourage you, and whom you can encourage as well.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:50 pm
Bible Verse
Psalms 18:2
Video
•Sixth Day
Devotional Content
Psalm 18 is a song of thanksgiving. David wrote it to give thanks to the Lord for saving him from Saul. David is so grateful to the Lord for protecting him, and he calls the Lord his fortress and his shield. What a beautiful picture of God’s protection and love for us!

How is God your protector? Your strong house and shield? Do you believe the Lord is always in control of all circumstances? As you pray, give thanks for the Lord’s constant protection and praise him for his awesome power!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 pm
Bible Verse
John 14:26-27
Video
•Final Day
Devotional Content
These are the words of Jesus speaking to His disciples before His death. Jesus promises to send them the Holy Spirit, who will fill them with strength and comfort. God has given us a spirit of peace and not fear, so when we are troubled or sad we know that we can count on God to comfort us.

When you are sad or afraid, do you feel the presence of God? He is there for you! Take a few minutes to pray and ask for the Lord to fill you with a spirit of peace.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:39 pm
Hopefully this study has helped you as it has me; I have been studying it along with you just as diligently and I will serve the Lord for the rest of my days, regardless of location and personal desires/needs. To quote Jeremy Camp: "I will lay down my pride, my desires" -- Lay Down My Pride

If you have suggestions for studies, feel free to comment.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 pm
Thank you for the incredible posting! I already can tell you have done a lot of tooling around on this topic. This is important and relevant information. Please study more and get more in depth. Consider for personal study the book of Hebrews in the Holy Bible. I would suggest the Living Translation or the New King James Version for compatibility with your study.  

Renisme

Fanged Astronaut

16,925 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Bible Study

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items