Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
Con-Nichiwa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:24 pm
Hello all, I'm new to this guild...I'm James (or videogamenerd1991 as my nickname), and I have been to Con-Nichiwa for 4 years in a row, and next year will be my fifth year, because I haven't been to any other conventions. It's nice to introduce myself to you and I hope I'll chat more about this convention with you all. smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:26 pm
Oh, and Con-Nichiwa is a Tucson, Arizona based anime/gaming/comic convention.  

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:03 pm
Okay Con-Nichiwa is the largest convention in Tucson. I have met voice actors/actrsses such as Sonny Strait, Todd Haberkorn, W.T. Hatch, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Kyle *********, Mike McFarland, Monica Rial, Greg Ayres, Steve Blum (my favorite voice actor, ever), Wendee Lee, Richard Epcar, Cherami Leigh, and Bryce Papenbrook. All wonderful voice actors, plus not only are the VA guests impressive, but they also got cosplay guests, and rooms to play either video games or tabletop games. And the Artist Alley/Shop has everything nerdy that you need, even steampunk stuff (for those of you who fancy that type of stuff). And Con-Nichiwa is held only once a year in March over at the Tucson Convention Center.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:34 pm
videogamenerd_1991
Okay Con-Nichiwa is the largest convention in Tucson. I have met voice actors/actrsses such as Sonny Strait, Todd Haberkorn, W.T. Hatch, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Kyle *********, Mike McFarland, Monica Rial, Greg Ayres, Steve Blum (my favorite voice actor, ever), Wendee Lee, Richard Epcar, Cherami Leigh, and Bryce Papenbrook. All wonderful voice actors, plus not only are the VA guests impressive, but they also got cosplay guests, and rooms to play either video games or tabletop games. And the Artist Alley/Shop has everything nerdy that you need, even steampunk stuff (for those of you who fancy that type of stuff). And Con-Nichiwa is held only once a year in March over at the Tucson Convention Center.

Wow, that's a lot of different Voice Actors / Actresses that you have met. I Love the Artist Alley / Dealers area a lot myself. I'm like a kid in a candy store their checking out everything and trying to decide what to get. I'm a Semi Pro Cosplay Photographer so I tend to focus a lot of attention on getting photos of cosplayers. If you would like to see photos of cosplayers that I took photos of at Michigan cons feel free to go to my Deviant Art page. Theirs a link to my page in my signature. Anyone can look at the photos on my page, but you have to be a member of the website to make comments.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:12 pm
smithers456
videogamenerd_1991

Wow, that's a lot of different Voice Actors / Actresses that you have met. I Love the Artist Alley / Dealers area a lot myself. I'm like a kid in a candy store their checking out everything and trying to decide what to get. I'm a Semi Pro Cosplay Photographer so I tend to focus a lot of attention on getting photos of cosplayers. If you would like to see photos of cosplayers that I took photos of at Michigan cons feel free to go to my Deviant Art page. Theirs a link to my page in my signature. Anyone can look at the photos on my page, but you have to be a member of the website to make comments.

And I'm watching you on deviantART, I'm videogamenerd1991 on there, as well. And I do cosplay photography too, but I don't post it on my dA account (I post them in my facebook). And I hear ya about the Artist Alley area, I had these green tea flavored Pocky and it was the most delicious Pocky I have ever ate. And plus, when I met Steve Blum, I paid $5 to have an autographed picture of Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children because he does the voice of Vincent (best $5 I have ever spent). But I mostly go to the video game room.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 pm
videogamenerd_1991
smithers456
videogamenerd_1991

And I'm watching you on deviantART, I'm videogamenerd1991 on there, as well. And I do cosplay photography too, but I don't post it on my dA account (I post them in my facebook). And I hear ya about the Artist Alley area, I had these green tea flavored Pocky and it was the most delicious Pocky I have ever ate. And plus, when I met Steve Blum, I paid $5 to have an autographed picture of Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children because he does the voice of Vincent (best $5 I have ever spent). But I mostly go to the video game room.

I'm watching you as well on Deviant Art. Enjoy checking out my Cosplay photos. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:14 am
smithers456
videogamenerd_1991
smithers456
videogamenerd_1991

I'm watching you as well on Deviant Art. Enjoy checking out my Cosplay photos. smile

Well do, dude. smile Well my dream is to go to every single anime convention (excluding those by Animeland...screw those b******s)  
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games