First things first! For those who are not aware of this the Death Note is a show based on a notebook. I will not say much about the show itself but her is the main plot. A notebook that can kill whoevers name is written in it is found and used to kill those who harm others.

2 I know "Harm others" is term here is a couple examples to help better understand what is meant by this.
A: Someone who bullies others to the point they become fearful of the person or depressed to the point of thinking of killing themselves.
B: Someone who kills or beats others to the point of ending up in a hospital for no reason or because they just lost there temper. This includes those who have some reason like they where drunk or claim they did not know better because of a mental issue. (Being drunk does not give a person the right to harm anther and if your mental issues are that bad you need to be on meds or in a place where you can not be a threat too others.)
C: Someone who kills but gets away with it. How they get away with it well pick your choice.
3 This topic is not about if the death note is real or not! (We all know it is not real though I am sure everyone wishes it was for some reason or anther.)

Now that all that is out of the way on to the reason of this topic.

After watching the show again for the first time in years it got me to thinking if someone was able to kill those who killed for unjust reasons should they go to jail or be killed themselves? (I am talking about 1 cop or none cop person killing someone or some people who has gotten away with the examples given in 2! Just to make sure there is no confusion.)

This is also a debate so feel free to defend your reason for what you said if someone thinks you are wrong.

Now as for myself on this topic. I say they should not. for the following reasons.
1 killing someone for no reason is wrong however the law is messed up and more often then not people get away with doing many things that harm others.
2 if there is some proof but not enough for a judge to say they did and no one but that person in question can say what happens then there is too much of a chance of the person having done the extra stabs to cover up a muder.(I mean true it could be self-defense but I doubt anyone would stick around after being stabbed 2 times while trying to get a weapon away from there target as three stab wounds would be very hard to explain and they should know after being stabbed twice it is more then likely going to keep being the same thing happening as there strength and time to get away at all is slipping away along with there blood.)
3 if you are getting off with only a slap on the hand every time you bully someone most people will just keep doing it same if the shows signs but it is never seen. (And by slap on the hand I mean kicked out of school for so long which seems to be all that happens now a days.)
4 killing to make sure those who kill for the wrong reason such as said in 2 before I actually said the reason for this topic. means in time others would be discouraged from doing it. (Kill one to stop many concept.) For those who do not know what this means I will give a example. Say a person kills your best friend and gets away with it and you know they did it yet due to lack of solid proof the judge lets him go you do nothing and later you found out anther person dies and that person is once again a suspect. by killing him before you could have saved that other persons life and that will also discourage others from doing so around you as you are known to have killed those who kill others but not kill needlessly. this means those who do kill others will come to fear you while those who do not kill others will be able to live around you feeling a bit safer as they know you are a good person despite having killed someone.