View Results

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:20 pm
In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality MMORPG Sword Art Online went live, drawing in ten thousand players on its opening day. What was a joyous occasion quickly became virtual hell, with all ten thousand souls being unable to leave the virtual world until the game was cleared. Two years passed and a young man known only as "Kirito" was able to defeat the game's final boss, it's creator Kayaba Akihiko, and release the surviving players. At first, all seemed well, however for months afterward, more than two hundred players were still comatose and stuck inside the game. The reasons were unknown and the investigations seemed to be going nowhere. At the time another VRMMORPG had risen to great popularity, seemingly wiping away the stigma SAO had created. Alfheim Online. A vast world of magic and battle where the goal shared by every player was to climb to the top of the World Tree to meet the Fairy King Oberon to become Alfs, the supreme race granted unlimited use of the game's flight mechanic. Once again, Kirito, the one who had conquered SAO, put on the Nerve Gear to enter the virtual world, this time in search of answers. However the answers received were a darker truth than what many could handle. A man by the name of Nobuyuki Sugou had been the one responsible for the entrapment of the remaining SAO players in an effort to perform illegal mental experimentation on them. Afterwards, through the efforts of Kirito, Sugou was apprehended and tried.

The year is 2035. The SAO and ALO incidents are in the past and the world's leading VRMMORPG is a variant of The Seed Program called Yggdrasil Online. Millions of players from around the world play every day and it has been touted as the World of Warcraft of its time by many game reviewers. It is in this game that our story takes place, where two friends will join together and discover a horrifying secret and wage a vicious battle both on and offline to combat it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 pm
~Rules~

This is really only for everyone else.
1. If you are not participating, please don't post, PM your thoughts are what have you to either me or Zimbu (preferably me)
2. Please follow all guild and Gaia ToS.
3. The same standard rules we're used to apply.

~Characters~

This is where we keep track of who is who.

Fiyah's characters:
Zimbu's Characters:

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:31 pm
Name: Quentin Blaze
Character Name: Fiyah
Weapon of Choice: Single Edge Blades (Short Swords, Katanas, Zweihanders)
Secondary Weapons: Throwing Knives, Needles, Daggers
Highest Level Skills: Tracking, 1 Handed Weapons, 2 Handed Weapons
Worst Skills: Cooking, Taming, Appraisal
Best Base Stats: Strength and Speed
Special Attack: Blade Storm - A move requiring total concentration, targets single opponents unleashing a maximum 100 Hit Combo on the target. The user is semi invulnerable and all damage is halved while performing the technique. Requires a 24 hour cooldown before being used again.
Real Life Bio: Quentin was only 13 when his brother became one of the few able to play Sword Art Online before it was released. Quentin had also applied for the Beta as well, but didn't have the same luck his brother did. Unfortunately, his brother was also one of the thousands who died playing the game, causing Quentin to never look at MMOs the same way ever again. Coupled with the Alfheim incident two years later and any desire to play a VRMMORPG had been all but extinguished. However the spark was rekindled, if only slightly, years later when he met a man who claimed to have known his brother. The man later revealed that Quentin's brother had given his life to protect him and several others. Knowing how his brother died, saving the lives of others as opposed to being comatose in a hospital, helped give him a sense of closure. Not long after he began playing traditional MMOs online and befriended Edmond who began to rekindle the desire to play a VRMMO and so, on his off time when he doesn't have to worry about work, he likes to play Yggdrasil Online with his friend.
Real Life Appearance: User Image
In Game Appearance: User Image
Themes: The Truth of Tomorrow and Written in the Stars
Other: Works as a software engineer as well as a freelance programer  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 am
Name: Edmond De'leon
Character Name: Edgar
Weapon of Choice: Naginata
Secondary Weapons: Hand-to-Hand
Highest Level Skills: Acrobatics, Negotiation, Omnisense
Worst Skills: Swordsmanship, Taming, Stealth
Best Base Stats: Agility and Defense
Special Attack: Currently Unknown -.
Real Life Bio:
Real Life Appearance:
In Game Appearance:
Themes:
Other: Works at a Coffee shop

[I'll get the rest up asap]  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:38 am
((I'm going ahead and making my opening post.))

What a day, what a day. Those were the words tumbling around inside Quentin's head. It was his first week at his new job in Japan, having spent a good chunk of his career working overseas. All he wanted to do was go home and unwind a little. However, he had an important meeting to endure first, and after that, he could rest. Man, these guys at RCT really take their programmers for granted. Quentin thought as he walked down the hallway. Finally reaching his destination, Quentin knocked on the door and waited for any answer from the woman on the other side of it. He had heard stories about her being one of the survivors of the SAO Incident, in fact he had heard similar rumors about most of the other staff. He didn't know if they were true or not, it was none of his business. Quentin was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened and he was brought in to the office. It was quite spacious, befitting of an executive. In front of the desk was a rather plain looking leather chair and the orange haired woman at the deck beckoned Quentin to sit down. "So Mr. Blaze, we meet at last. How have you enjoyed the past week here?" She asked jovially. "It's been quite nice actually. everyone else has been real friendly and the work has definitely been quite a challenge." Quentin replied, he wanted to say he felt excited to be challenged like this, but felt it best to keep personal feelings out of it, after all, at the moment he was only temporary, working Freelance alongside the other programmers and engineers. It was generally taboo for a Freelancer to tell anyone they enjoyed working on a specific project, as it often called into question whether they would continue to be Freelnace or if they would hold out for more contracts from a specific company. "Good. I'm hearing good things about you from our Dev. Teams." She stated before getting up from her desk. "So I wanted to ask, as someone who does not stand to gain anything from giving me false statements, how would you say the development of the new interface is coming along?" she asked. Quentin smiled, this was the real reason she wanted to talk with him. Normally people who had no faith in their Development Teams annoyed Quentin, but with this lady, he could tell that the intimidating rumors about her rang true. "Well ma'am, if the Dev. Team said it was coming along smoothly, they spoke true. While the hardware specs are finalized, I'm still fine tuning the software. If we keep the current pace, we should be done earlier than expected, giving more time for testing and adjusting." Quentin answered. While it was a challenge, Quentin spoke truthfully when he said there was a chance of being done early, that was why he had been so successful in the past, he challenged himself to do better than his initial estimates, and it showed on his resume. "Good to hear. Thank you very much Mr. Blaze." "No problem at all Ms. Kirigaya." Quentin said happily, giving the executive a handshake before leaving. In spite of everything he had told himself, he was beginning to enjoy working at RCT. Might just have to apply for a full time position. He thought with a chuckle as he made his way out of the building and to his apartment. He had planned to get online and chat with a friend of his who had been talking to him about a VRMMO he was currently playing.

((I'll edit this if I have to))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff