Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] The hooves are made for walkin' (Merry x Tink)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:36 pm
Tink getting distracted in the course of a larger task was hardly news, of course: Tink existed basically drifting from one distraction to the next, with a little time in between for getting lost and forgetting what she had to do at that moment. School was helping a little, instilling a vague awareness of the concepts of schedules and goals, but Tink's attention still chronically wandered.

What made this unusual, actually, was the fact that Tink hadn't really stirred away from this particular distraction for a long few minutes. Granted, shopping held her attention better than almost any task besides knitting, but even so, to see the little grim standing motionless for more than a minute at a time was rare. She was blocking the aisle a bit: small though she was, her various voluminous layers of wool and lace and drapey hems contributed to her bulk, as did the fact that a pile of the same was slung over her single arm. She'd been on the way to try things on when her attention had been arrested, utterly, by a display of boots: low brown boots and tall black boots and cobweb-sided oxfords, and flower-trimmed slouchers and skull-studded wedges and--

She sighed, yet again, a wistful sigh. The reasoning was obvious: below her layered skirt hems her legs ended in the fluffy, curly limbs of a lamb, with hooves. The hooves were painted mint green with a cheery helping of glitter, and clearly well-cared-for, but they were hooves and the objects of her attention were, well, boots.

"Oh," she said hazily, as she realized she was, once again, blocking someone's way. "I'm--terribly sorry." And she did move, but given that she seemed unable to look away from the beautiful boots, it only cleared so much room.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:50 pm
Shopping wasn't a huge concern for the tropical colored chimera, but it was something she enjoyed when she did happen to find herself at the mall. Today was no exception. She'd already been to a number of stores, and one arm had a series of bags draped over it, but apparently it wasn't enough, because she'd headed into a forth store.

Having just started school, it felt like a new wardrobe was in order: shirts, shorts, flouncy little dresses that let her show off her legs. The wings made it a little difficult to find shirts that fit properly, but not impossible.

That was was she was hunting for now, though as she pawed through a rack of summer colored halter tops her attention wandered towards the shoe department. Not for the sack of the shoes, they were useless to her, given the hooves, but to the dainty little dark body that was standing in the aisle, seemingly transfixed by a display of boots. Now, this wouldn't have normally been enough to draw her curiosity, although the ghoul was adorable, it was the mint and glitter painted hooves she spotted peeking beneath the ruff of a skirt that made the whole thing intriguing enough to have the chimera edging closer.

"What'cha doin'?" She drawled out, coming to a stop beside the smaller ghoul and peering down at her with wide, curious eyes.

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm
This time properly startled, the grim jolted and gazed up (and up) at Merry with wide, perplexed eyes. "Oh," she said, and for a moment she only stared in bewilderment, as though Merry had posed an especially difficult math problem. And then, all at once, in a sleepy, distant sort of way: "Aren't they lovely? And those little brown ones with the frill would go so well with this dress I want to buy." She lofted her arm of potential clothes as she said it, and then fumbled as this nearly but not quite sent the entire lot sliding to the floor.

Beejoux
Oh tally: II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 pm
Oops, she hadn't meant to startle the poor thing. An apologetic smile was cast down to the pretty little ghoul, but her attention wandered back to the boots she'd been looking at a moment ago and only then did Merry give them any real notice as the grim mentioned how lovely they were. "Oh, yes, they're pretty." If you liked that sort of thing, or had use for them.

Lips pursing, she gave the wee ghoul a considering look before snapping down to help catch the clothing that threatened to spill all over the floor. "Whoopsies, got it!" Now she noticed the lack of an arm, and it had her head tipping to one side, but she refrained from questioning it.

"Have you ever seen, um... I guess they're not shoes, but kind of like them. They go about the ankle, and over the majority of the hoof, come in lots of sizes and shapes." There had been a nice elderly monster lady in town that had specialized in them. Merry had stopped in a time or two, the woman did nice work.

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:13 pm
She gazed at the chimera in frank bewilderment. "Like legwarmers?" she suggested finally, and then, abruptly: "Oh! Oh! You're--oh no. I forget. I know your face. From Critter!" Such was her excitement over this that she nearly dropped the clothes again, but managed to save them on her own this time.

Beejoux
Oh tally: IIIII

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:02 pm
The question had Merry pausing, bright eyes rolling up ceilingward as she considered it. "Yeah, kinda, but made of boot stuff. Like leather, with buckles and shi- stuff." Merry really wasn't one to watch her mouth, but there was a certain innocent naivety that had her censoring herself despite habit.

Being recognized from Critter had lips splitting in a wide enough grin that she flashed dainty fangs, and her tail lashed out behind her. "Yep! That's me. And you're that adorable ghouly, Oh_ewe, I think." She tapped her lip, digging through memory. "C something. Catarina...Catlyn...no... Catinka!" Bright feathers flared as she remembered, and she bounced a little where she stood.

"I'm Merry."

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:13 pm
"Oh ewe," Catinka informed her solemnly, "is a pun."

She said this in the way of a small child repeating an important fact they'd been taught. Clearly someone else had picked that name for her, and then explained it. Possibly a few times, to be sure it sunk in.

"A pun," added Catinka, just as solemnly, "is a play on words."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 pm
Bright eyes blinked, a little puzzled by the so serious pointing out of an obvious point, but Merry rallied quickly. "Yes it is! You're Critter name is a very clever and cute pun."

Back on point, the chimera turned her attention back to the display, then up to look around the whole of the shoe section. "I'm surprised they don't have any of the things I'm talking about here, you'd think..." Snorting, a pale hand came down on Tink's shoulder. "Would you like to see the store I was talking about, that sells the not-boots?"

It wasn't far, a couple blocks away, it would be a very easy walk, and Merry was fairly certain there was an eyescream parlor on the way, and wouldn't that just be a yummy treat?

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Forever trusting, Catinka gave Merry a wide-eyed looked of instant adoration. "Yes, please," she said. "Just let me pay for these things. I can try them on at home and bring them back if they don't fit."

Following the chimera towards the check out, she explained shyly: "I get lost a lot. So mostly I just go to the same places so I didn't know. That there were other stores with boots, I mean. But you'll help me get back here afterwards, right?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:41 pm
"Alrighty!" Grinning, Merry followed Tink over to the check out, sticking close to her side while they waited in line, then, as they headed out of the store, she took the lead taking the bags from the shorter ghoul's arm so she could link it with her own.

"That's a smart idea, sticking to places you know." The chimera had been bumming around town long enough now to have a pretty good sense of where everything was, and how to get from place to place, but it had taken a while, and much exploring. In the begging, when she'd first moved there to be closer to the school, she had gotten lost often, and had had to resort to flying up to the tops of buildings to hunter her guardian's store down.

Adjusting her grip on the bags, she gave Tink's hand a gentle pat where it rested on her arm. "Of course I'll help you get back. Do you want to back to the mall after, or back to the school?" Pale ears perked, smile widening. "Or I know where there's eye scream."

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:48 pm
She brightened immediately, having already been gazing at Merry in bewilderment at the idea that the word smart might even applied to her. It certainly never had been before. But the unprecedented occasion was quickly forgotten under more pressing matters.

"Oh!" she said excitedly. "I love eye scream. And spookies. Sometimes I make a little sandwich, have you ever done that, and roll it around in sprinkles. I keep making so many friends," she enthused, and even when she was clearly excited, as now, she spoke in a slow, lilting, dreamy tone, "and I keep thinking I might maybe have a tea party. You could come, if you like. For spookies. And tea. You're very pretty," she added, apropos of absolutely nothing. Maybe, in Tink's world, this was relevant to talk of tea.

Beejoux
Oh tally: IIII I

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:42 pm
"How about on the way back we stop and get some eye scream?" A snack sounded like a wonderful idea, though to be fair, food of any sort always sounded like a good idea. At Tink's question she nodded, grinning as she swung the other ghoul's bag on her arm cheerily. "Eye Scream sammiches are really good."

Talk of tea parties had the chimera glancing down at the grim at her side. "That sounds lovely, and- Oh. Thank you!" Random compliment! The ghoul preened, wings twitching out and giving a gentle fluff before settling neatly on her back. Merry liked compliments. She wasn't exactly vain, but she wasn't blind when you looked in the mirror either.

But she wasn't the only cutie on the scene. Bending she bumped her cheek against Tink's, curly hair tickling her nose. "Sweet lamb."

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:17 pm
She kept up a slow, idle chatter as they made their way to the place that Merry had spoken of, and it was rapidly obvious that her attention was a difficult think to sink one's claws into: twice she very nearly wandered away, distracted by some frippery or other; several times she tripped over her own feet, not quite falling but nonetheless flailing without losing any conversation steam, as though being interrupted by her own stumbling was commonplace.

Her conversation, too, was all over the place: midsentence veering from one topic to another, although she was as content to listen, wide-eyed, as she was to talk, and she was full of questions: about Merry's wings, about her visits to the school before, about what food she liked and what her friends were like. She had a frankness that might have been rude in someone less oblivious, but was instead, for most people, merely disarming. She said "oh" many, many times: oh as in surprise, oh as in excitement, oh as in thoughtfulness, oh as in concern.

"Oh," she was saying, "Reese is very nice. She is starting a club, you know. For making things. All sorts of things. I knit, mostly. Do you make things?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:53 pm
Merry was patient, but more than that, she also had a tendency to hope around in conversations when overly excited. Tink seemed to be on a whole other level, but it wasn't too terribly difficult to keep up with the shorter ghoul. She did have to reel the lamb in on occasion when something particularly distracting caught her eye, but she did so effortlessly, without skipping a beat in conversation.

At a certain point she looped her arm around Tink's again, just to keep the ghoul with her while they walked. Would be a real mess if she lost the sweet thing, specially after promising to make sure she got back to the maul in one piece.

"I haven't met Reese in person yet, but she seems an interesting ghoul." At least on twitter. As far as crafts went...? "Mmm, not really. But I wouldn't say no to being invited to something crafty and hands on. Could be fun."

The shop was just around the corner, and a bell chimed as Merry opened the door for Tink and Ushered her in. All over there were not-boots on display on mannequin hooves. There were fancy ones, with lace and pearl buttons, some that looked similar to spats, and utilitarian styles for the working monster.

rejam

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out