Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Confused and Need Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WallofMeat_Klaus

Romantic Krampus

12,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:38 pm
Well I have a few problems that r just to bad to be true...
My temper is so small and is tested so much and let's just say I don't react well gonk
I am not saved but would like to be but I just love sin to much so...need lots of prayer!!!

I get why God let sin into the world I just don't know if it was worth it...he let sin into the world to help us understand but was it worth all the people that went to hell???

And...anyone know John Mac Arthur???
lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 am
Everyone is a slave in the spiritual sense. We are either slaves to sin, which is our natural state, or we are slaves to Christ. The writers of the New Testament willingly declared their status as slaves of Christ. Paul opens his letter to the Romans by referring to himself as a “slave of Jesus Christ” (Romans 1:1) and his letter to Titus by calling himself a “slave of God” (Titus 1:1). James opens his epistle the same way, “James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ” (James 1:1). Most translations say “servant” or “bond-servant” in these passages, but the Greek word doulas means literally, a slave.

Before we are saved we are unable to resist sin, and sin seems good to us because it rules us. We need a different Spirit, and a new heart. We need to be born again.

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Hell was not originally made for man, but for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

Knowledge of sin is supposed to make us see our insufficiency, our inability to do what God wants us to do, and your need for a savior.

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

By our own good actions we are not able to come to God.

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

We need to be washed clean, and since we ourselves can not wash away the stains of sin on ourselves, we need someone else to do it.

Revelation 7:14
I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

In Acts 16 verse 29 Paul and Silas is asked by their jailer what he must do to be saved. The answer is “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9). Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). God is offering you salvation as a gift. All you have to do is accept it. Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

Call out to God and ask Him for forgiveness. Faith comes from God in the form of a gift (Ephesians 2:8.) Ask Him to give you faith. We can do nothing to earn our salvation, it is a free gift. You have to open your hand to receive it. No Christian can brag about anything, because God is the one working in him. God is the one who gave us faith, not because we deserved it, but because it pleased Him to do so. He is the one who has prepared good works for the Christian to walk in through Jesus. We are credited Jesus righteousness (Romans 4:24), through faith. Salvation is the complete work of God. That you are aware that you need forgiveness as you have expressed in your post is revealed to you by God (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Galatians 5:16-17
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.…

John 1:12
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

I don't know John MacArthur personally, but I have watched a couple sermons of his.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 am
I am not an expert at this but this is a way in which I see it:

You are a robot maker and you love your robot creations. You have the option:
1. to give them free will, in which your robots will be able to enjoy personal relationship with you, or
2. you can just keep everything in order/ remain as robot as it is.

Your question : is it worth the risk of sin?
Well, if God sent His beloved and only son in exchange for our wrong doings, He sees personal relationship with Him is worth it all!

I love Him and I believe that He is taking care of the world very well in whatever He plans. heart

Jesus bless you. I am praying for you dear. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 am
Askanyaska
Well I have a few problems that r just to bad to be true...
My temper is so small and is tested so much and let's just say I don't react well gonk
I am not saved but would like to be but I just love sin to much so...need lots of prayer!!!

I get why God let sin into the world I just don't know if it was worth it...he let sin into the world to help us understand but was it worth all the people that went to hell???

And...anyone know John Mac Arthur???
lol

We can never sin too much or move so far away from God that we cannot return. We can always return to God and ask forgiveness. All that we have to do is ask Him for forgiveness. When we move closer to God, He will remove us from the sin that we think we can't let go of. Yes, He will replace our sinful hearts with a righteous heart. Only through Him can we become Holy, only through Him can we move away from sin.
Don't allow the lies from the enemy tell you that you have to be perfect to accept God. God wants you just the way you are. Just accept Him, accept Jesus into your heart. Ask for His forgiveness.
He will change you for the better. He will forgive you when you ask.
His love is greater than anything on this earth. When you experience His love you will want for nothing else.
Remember this life is short our eternal life is forever. Don't wait until it is too late.  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am
Btw... God did not create sin. Sin was first manifest when Satan sinned in Heaven and tried to overthrow God. Satan and his angels first sinned. They were thrown out of Heaven.
Sin was made manifest here on earth when Satan tempted Eve, then she and Adam was the first humans to sin.
God created Hell for Satan and his angels. Hell was never intended for people.
God wants all of us to be with Him always. We were created to be with God always, never to be separated.
God gave us a free will. It is because of our free will that we can choose to accept or deny Him, our Creator. God will not push His will on us. He lets us choose for ourselves if we want to be with Him or not. He gives all people that choice. It is up to us whether we live our eternal life in Heaven with Him or live in Hell without Him.
Jesus died for our sins, He became the Lamb that was sacrificed to save us from our sins. We don't have to continue in sin, or continue to be lost. We just have to accept it.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games