Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Christians Object to 'Black Jesus'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 am
Christians Object to 'Black Jesus'

Cancel "Black Jesus" TV Show - Petition  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm curious. Why are they targeting this show? How is this different from family guy, southpark, drawn together (which has heavy references to the bible and the church) or basically any other adult show that has basically done all of this and more? Is it because the title is Black Jesus?  

ChibiHigh

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:23 am
ChibiHigh

I'm curious. Why are they targeting this show? How is this different from family guy, southpark, drawn together (which has heavy references to the bible and the church) or basically any other adult show that has basically done all of this and more? Is it because the title is Black Jesus?

Here's the trailer. I can't say for sure that it is the reason, but I think it is because it is a show is centered around ridiculing Jesus. South Park, Family Guy, may have a character they bring out now and then where they ridicule Jesus, but it is not the central Character of the story. Not that it makes it any better, but it could be an explanation as to why people are so upset with this. If Jesus was any other guy even then it would not be ok to treat him like this, but He's not any other guy.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games