Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:34 pm
Originally posted by Reoakee

Word count: 370

Perhaps that joke had gone to far? Gari really thought he might have offended Kol and decided not to even jokingly tease anymore since that really wasn’t fair to a fox that was so kind to him, even if that face Kol was making made Gari secretly happy. It was rather cute and honestly he felt a pang of jealously for any vixen that was lucky enough to land Kol in the future. She was a lucky fox whoever she was and he hoped that she treated Kol well. He waved a paw dismissively trying to stem the blush that was so clear despite Kol’s fur. “Don’t worry I know what you meant.” That poor helpless look was more than Gari could take he chuckled that slowly developed to full on laughter. It was so nice that it was almost painful. In fact if he laughed like this too long he would end up with a stich in his side. Taking a few breaths he tried to calm down. “Sor… Sor..” How is it that saying sorry when laughing was one of the hardest tasks imaginable?

“Sorry.” He finally managed through gasping breaths. He tried to compose himself and felt bad for flat out laughing like he had. “I cross my paws and promise I don’t normally laugh like that at embarrassment it’s just you were so fervent and your face was so r-red.” He was having trouble not laughing again but managed to control himself by keeping quite for a moment. He cleared his throat. “Um as for the rest. I’d love to tease and say you were sending out signals that were um less than clear, but I’d be lying to you and to myself. You’ve been nothing but kind and gentle to a complete stranger.” He sighed feeling a bit embarrassed for his earlier teasing. “And I’ve been ah well a bit taken with that but no worries I promise not to chase after you like a love struck kit. You know my luck enough that the thought of actually finding love for myself is quite ….” He wanted to say impossible but didn’t want Kol to scold him instead he shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. Are you ok?”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:23 pm
Word count: 577

Since spontaneous combustion clearly wasn't going to happen to him any time soon, Kol worked on trying to cool his blushes as best he could. Just the self-awareness of how badly he was blushing had served to fuel the metaphorical flames. Gari's laughter had reversed any progress he might have made, though he didn't hold any hard feelings for the other male. Objectively he knew his situation and bearing would have tempted many into fits of amusement, and while it would take some time for him to feel that way himself he knew it was an event he'd be able to look back up and smile over. Just not for a long, long time!

"I'll be fine," he managed, trying to keep from muttering as even his voice felt locked up in embarrassment. He didn't try to speak for a bit until he could feel a noticeable lessening of the heat in his face. He was still a bit flushed, but it was at least to the point now where they darkness of his fur hide a large portion of it. Finally he gave a large sigh, looked up to meet Gari's eyes, and flashed him a grin full of shy self-depreciation, resignation, and humor. "What are we going to do with ourselves? Seems like we've both got it so bad we can't hold on to a decent self-image." It wasn't something one would normally say to a stranger they had only met, even after trading a few woes, but after sharing a laugh he couldn't help but feel a little bit closer to Gari. Maybe it was just instinct, prompting him that this was someone he could trust. Maybe it was that same instinct that prompted him to say what he did next.

"Maybe we should just travel together then. That way we have someone to kick our tails out of self-doubt mode. And like you said, traveling together with someone might be more interesting than just traveling alone."

He hadn't over-looked that Gari had confessed to being attracted to Kol. He didn't know how to respond to such a thing just yet, but he wasn't trying to ignore it or pretend it hadn't happened. It didn't mean anything had to happen between them, or that they couldn't travel together. It might have even been for the best that he didn't try to answer. While he had never pictured himself with a male and still quite couldn't, to be perfectly honest, he didn't dismiss it out of hand. Something like that, it had to grow. Initial attraction and love were two different things after all, as he well knew from experience. Gari might decide after getting to know Kol better that they would be better off as only friends. There was no guarantee Kol would love Gari back. He didn't want to hurt the guy and he couldn't be sure that this wouldn't lead down that path. The future was always such an uncertain thing. He was willing to let the chips fall where they may, but was he waited for Gari's response he knew he would respect the male wishes if he himself wasn't willing to gamble with his heart. There was only so many times you could glue back the pieces and expect them to hold. He understood (oh did he understand!), and adopted a stance as neutral as possible so as not to make Gari feel he was being pressured in any way.

Reoakee

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 pm
Word count: 491

Gari felt so bad about laughing he really did, but Khol was just very cute. The silence Khol had after the laughter was a bit worrisome but the grin after a bit blew any sense Gari had right out of the water. “Paint ourselves up in different colors and strut around like clowns or peacocks?” He suggested. Wasn’t that what depressed males did after bad breaks and news? Go out and party kiss a few strangers and go home and cry at night. Gari might not know much about it but it seemed to him that not really have a relationship was a horrible as losing one sometimes so it might require some of the same temperary cure that wasn’t really a cure but it helped to ease the pain.

Gari’s jaw dropped when Khol actually suggested traveling together seriously. There was an audible click as his mouth closed while his mind went over the possibilities. Khol was straight so it wasn’t like he was likely to mislead Gari or play with his as the others would and he was a nice fox. It would be nice to actually have a friend around and traveling together was logical as it did relieve a lot of burdens. Gari was just surprised that Khol was really willing to travel with him. He didn’t know Gari well so he didn’t know if Gari was a hunter or a useless lump on a log. Though the same was true of Gari knowing Khol. Not only that but Khol was handsome and Gari was certain that at some point he might end up starring and that might make Khol feel more than a bit uncomfortable. That would just be cruel given that Khol had shown him a kindness that so very few had.

Khol just sat there as calm as the day was long and it amazed Gari. Where their positions reversed he doubted he could be as understanding no matter what seemed to happen. It was that posture and gentleness that Khol showed that helped Gari make up his mind. “A-Alright. Though if you feel like we won’t be good traveling partners at anytime just let me know before you take off. I dislike just waking up and not knowing.” He shrugged like it wasn’t that big of deal but he promised himself right there and then that if Khol decided to leave it was alright and he wouldn’t kick up a fuss and make the other male upset but he didn’t want to just wake up abandoned and alone. That was just pitiful and painful. “I’ll do the same for you.” In truth the reason Gari would leave would likely be falling for a sweet kind fox whose presence would be too hard for him to stand knowing it could never be, but Gari hoped he could keep his heart in line so that it didn’t cause the pair any problems
down the road.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:57 pm
Word count: 213

"Fair enough," Kol said, grinning broadly. After all no one liked being left behind without knowing the reason behind it. They were essentially strangers, for all that they could converse in a friendly manner right now. First impressions weren't things that should be discounted entirely, but you couldn't rely on them either to figure out whether or not you might like or dislike a person. They might discover after a couple days traveling together that brief conversation was all they were suited for.

They stood there for a second, the ever-present wind around the open hills blowing gently past. He wasn't sure where to go next. "Were you heading in any particular direction, or just wandering," Kol, asked, looking around at their surroundings. "I was just wandering myself so I don't care which way we go." He looked back at Gari and gave a short laugh under his breath. "Maybe it's just because of where I grew up, but I prefer sleeping under cover. I have no problem with open spaces, but storms always seemed to creep up very fast. Nothing sucks worse that being stuck in the wind and rain with lightning all around and no where to go and nothing to do but hunker down and wait for it to pass."

Reoakee

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 pm
Word count: 243

“I had no goal in mind other than to not really die along the way.” Gari made a face wishing he had a place to belong or to go, but as it stood that just wasn’t in fate’s mind for him. “Since you are about as at home as I am lets go…” He looked around and then pointed in a random direction. “That way. With the sloping hills to both sides we should head up one and take a look for some cover. If you think a storm might be on its way I’d rather keep something in sight at least.” He didn’t mind storms so much as long as the lightning was far away and no fires were started. Taking the lead he started up the slope glad he was able to travel with someone and even more glad that Khol couldn’t see his grin right now. That happy bounce in his step due to the fact he wasn’t alone right now might easily be a bit of extra effort in making it up the side quickly so that wasn’t a problem at all. The cookie fox kept his ears perked as he moved listening for coyotes and the like though the wind finding it’s way into his ears annoyed him. It was why he had liked walking in the path between slopes so the majority of the wind had gone right over him and not really bothered with his hearing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:23 pm
Word count: 151

Kol nodded and trotted along beside Gari, keeping up with relative ease. "I don't sense any storms on the way at the moment," he admitted, casting his gaze up at the sky for a brief moment. "Chances are we'll see them coming, given how open everything is. The main question is just whether or not we'd be able to reach cover in time if we happened to spot one. My home was right next to the ocean, and you wouldn't believe how quick the storms there could move!"

He gave Gari a curious look. "What sort of place did you grow up in, if it's alright for me to ask?" They were about halfway up the long slope. The angle was slowly getting steeper with each yard they covered. Pretty soon it would start to feel like actual work climbing to the top of this thing rather than a pleasant walk.

Reoakee

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:34 pm
Word count: 220

Gari could only shake his head and wonder having never seen the ocean before. “It’s alright. I never really had to many places I called home. I lived in a forest but well the area became occupied and it got uncomfortable.” He decided he didn’t want to bring up the reason he left was he had taking a liking to a male only to find out said male who had kissed Gari first had a mate and Gari felt like a in intrusion. “I moved around a bit after that. I tried staying in a hole near a lake but it flooded out on me one year. Another cave was taken over by a bear and well I’m not that brave.” Gari grimaced. “I’m not much of a fighter and alone well I’d have ended up dinner. Since then I have moved around a lot but I’ve never stayed by an ocean before. That must be interesting, well unless that floods on you a lot too.” Gari had to look down and make sure he was placing his paws in the right spots. The last thing he wanted was to slide and twist a paw in front of his new traveling companion. It felt strange to be talking so much on a trip. It was really nice in a way.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:44 pm
Word count: 183

Kol made a humming sound. "Well the tribe sits pretty high above the ocean, on a cliff overlooking it, so there's isn't any danger that we could get flooded out. But I hear people who live at ocean level say that during earthquakes or violent storms that large waves start out in the middle of the ocean and grow so big that by the time they reach shore they can flood miles of territory. Then there's all the damage as the water recedes back into the ocean." He shook his head. "I've never seen anything like that in person though, and from the sound of the stories I'd be perfectly glad to never see anything like it at all! I've been through a couple hurricanes though, and have seen wind twisters and other bad things that happen on the plain lands since I left to travel."

He paused to laugh briefly. "No animal troubles at least. Let's hope that between the two of us our troubles decide to back off, or else we might have a storm raining down bears upon our heads!"

Reoakee

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:43 pm
Word count: 169

Yes Gari decided he wouldn’t like to see anything like that either. He’d been in a wind storm but never in his life had he seen a wind twister before. He had heard of them perhaps once or twice but he still had trouble picturing such a violent storm. “
Well then I think your tribe seems like a nice home after all the less flooding the better. Waking up with water passing your nose is not a good way to greet the day.” He pulled a grimace but had to smile after a moment about Kol’s joke. “Well the fuzzy storm does sound just bit unlikely still if it does start to rain I’ll be quick to find us a place to hide. Just don’t poke them while I’m busy looking.” Gari felt a paw slip on the slope and make certain to check himself and scolded himself to be more careful. He didn’t want to be a burden to the fox he only just found himself traveling with.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm
Word count: 286

"It was. Or, is, I imagine. I haven't been back in a while, but I'm sure the place is still there. You can tell from the old ruins that the land isn't prone to huge disasters overnight."

The conversation between the two continued in a similar vein. They both talked about the various places they'd stayed while traveling, people they met, things they did. Acting on an unspoken agreement they didn't touch on subjects that were too painful to revisit, so aside from the occasion little croppings of darker humor here and there, the conversation remained light. They shared pleasant experiences, beautiful places they had seen and would like to revisit. The weather was kind to them, for on that day and several days after it remained pleasant, putting to rest fears of any storms of bears.

Before the traveling duo realized it, a whole month had passed in each other's company.

"You know, maybe everyone else has a problem and we're just the innocent bystanders in this," Kol remarked, lounging on a warm rock near a lake that was their current stopping point. They weren't staying by the lake itself, too many bugs and the skies that were sunny an hour ago threatened rain now. But there was plenty of food around, so they decided to fill their bellies before searching for a more secure sleeping spot. The purple male glanced over at the brown one. "I mean, not to jinx it or anything, but we've been doing quite fine with each other this whole time. It's not that there's no hope here, we just haven't found people strong enough to handle us." He laughed a little, stretching out a bit flatter on his rock.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 pm
Word count: 289

The wonders a month of travel in a gentle non judgmental environment could do for a fox. Gari was feeling more relaxed and indeed more himself than he had in a long time. He still found himself rather attracted to Kol but found that he was valuing just being around the other male satisfying enough after all this was the first time Gari knew peace and acceptance.

Casting a glance at Kol with one eye he gave the male a grin. “Perhaps that would be rather nice to know.” He wagged his tail a bit thinking for a moment. “Though I don’t think it’s so much a matter of strength at least not for me. You though; I can’t see you with someone who you don’t respect.” It was a simple fact. Kol was very open and honest about things and Gari doubted Kol would be willing to tug around a fox who could barely walk on their own feet. It did beg the question why he had put up with Gari traveling with him at first, but as time progressed Gari found he didn’t question it as much. Kol was just nice even if it wasn’t the cuddly sweet kind of nice most foxes thought of.

Casting a peek at the sky Gari found he didn’t really want to get up but he also wasn’t looking to get rained on. Sighing almost pathetically he found his feet and glanced at Kol. “I guess we had better find a spot before we end up with wet fur and mud to walk through.” Kol seemed fairly comfortable so Gari felt a bit bad hustling the purple male about though he knew where their positions reversed it would be the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:18 pm
Word count: 150

Kol sighed with regret, but knew that Gari was right. Just because things were still dry now didn't mean much; weather could move fast, and this warm, comfortable rock would be very uncomfortable once it was cold and wet. He half-stood and slid of the rock, landing hard on his feet and giving himself a little shake before moving away from his perch. "Nonsense. I doubt you'd end up with someone you didn't respect either. It's very easy to find companionship if you're willing to toss any bit of self-respect you have right out the window."

A soft, distant grumble of thunder followed the two males as they made their way into the woods. It was pretty quiet among the trees; apparently the small animals knew something was coming and were settled down, prepared to wait it out. Hopefully they didn't have to search too long to find something suitable.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 pm
Word count: 152

Keeping an eye out for a safe place to hole up for the night Gari pondered over what Kol had said. Perhaps now it was true that he wouldn’t end up with someone he didn’t respect, but some time ago it had been a different story. He was more grateful to Kol for their time together because of this. Smiling even though the weather was worsening Gari was in a good mood. The deep smell of earth giving prelude to the rain was strong enough that it even dimmed Gari’s own sweet scent. “How bad do you think the storm will be?” He peeked into a hole under a tree and shook his head dismissing the idea. The rain would end up rushing right in and they would undoubtedly be flooded. He should start looking toward tilted ground or perhaps the inside of a fallen tree would do provided it covered enough.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 186

Kol tried to think over the various storms he'd weathered in his past. "I'd say we have time to find a shelter, but we should probably be as quick as we can. The trees will offer some shelter, but this looks like it's going to be a big storm. Maybe we should try to get as far from the lake as possible and get as uphill from it as we can." The area didn't look like it flooded with any kind of regularity, but sometimes better safe than sorry.

They wandered through the forest for a bit, neither chatting more than the occasional comment here or there as they kept their eyes peeled. Overhead the wind make the trees toss about furiously. It carried a cold bite to it and the strong smell of rain. Kol finally spotted what looked to be a little lean-to, nestled in the shelter of a upraised roots of a forest giant. The tree was probably ancient to be so big, and looked like it had weathered it's share of storms.

"What do you think, this look good," Kol asked Gari.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:03 am
Gari listened to Kol and nodded his head following him. The upcoming storm had Gari bristling just a bit. He wasn’t scared of storms per say but that didn’t mean he liked them all that well. He’d seen one bit of lightning cause a small fire and if this was large like Kol suggested then Gari wanted to be in a safe shelter. Still her remembered which way the were going because if there was a fire he was going to make a beeline for the water. He doubted that such a thing would happen but still he was trying to think ahead.

Kol spotted the tree before Gari but still the brown fox thought it didn’t look to bad. He moved closer and tapped the roots. They sounded nice and full. Scratching a little he discovered they were green underneath. Perfect. Living wood was hard to catch on fire. He was thinking perhaps one or two roots might be hollowed or dead but this was indeed a great spot to weather the storm. Looking at Kol with a nod and smile he gave his verdict. “Looks like a comfortable spot to me. I think it’s defiantly spacious enough and will do just nicely. Good eyes.”

wc 202  
● RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces