Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm
Word count: 291

Nola blinked, confused for a moment, then her mouth gaped open in a silent O. She hadn't even thought about whether or not she'd been hurt. There'd been no room in her brain, taken over as it had been by the sheer terror of the bear followed by pure fear that Laykos might get hurt fighting it. She spun a little, craning her head to look her over while she took stock of her condition from how much her muscles protested movement.

"I've got a couple thorns in me, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be," she said, coming to a halt. Indeed there were only a few points on her body that were sending her pain signals. Perhaps she'd landed on the plants just right, or her fur protected her; she noticed there were several thorns stuck in the black pelt. Most blessedly there didn't seem to be any stuck in her tender paw pads or on her ears.

Nola looked back at Laykos and couldn't help a slight whimper. Looking at his own wounds again, especially in comparison to her own, made her almost want to break down. This was all her fault. If she'd just paid attention, Laykos wouldn't have had to come save her and get himself hurt. She fervently wished she could have had those wounds inflicted her to own body instead, but she knew voicing as such or fussing would only upset Laykos. She'd learned that early on from her brother. "W-We gotta treat your wounds. I don't know anything about fixing wings though, I've never done it before." She fidgeted slightly in helplessness, fretting as she looked at those large wings and the sluggishly trails of crimson flowing down them.

Yushika

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 pm
He watched her, frowning the second surprise crossed her features. She hadn't even thought about herself! When she spun the 'daeva eyed her, spotting a few thorns here and there. He beckoned at her to approach him so he could assist in removing the thorns, paw freezing mid-air at the slight whimper. His eyes trailed down to his own wounds, and then regrettable his wings. A sharp flash of fear crossed his features. What if he couldn't fly anymore? What would he do?

"It's.... it's alright." He doubtfully mused back, eyes still locked on his wings. Still, he'd sacrifice his wings for protecting the small Nola any day. A surge of pride ran through him at the realization he had protected someone. He had done the one thing he wanted to do the most! His tail wagged briefly before he winced, curling it around his form.

"I'm just glad you're okay." He admitted, torn wings laying limply at his sides. "The bear could have done far worse to you than me."

jinxgirl5

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Word count: 188

Nola stood there, still staring at the wounds and fretting. She felt like the energy of her worry should have had her vibrating in place, but perhaps because of the residual terror lurking in her veins all she was managing was a faint trembling around the paws. "C-Can you move? I think the bear went away for now, but maybe we should go somewhere safer."

Her thoughts ran in circles like a mouse trapped at the bottom of a barrel. What should she do? She knew a bit of first aid, but would that be enough? Would Laykos die because she wasn't skilled enough to treat his wounds? And what about his wings? Could there be someone in Lunarie who knew who to treat such things? There had to be, Lunarie was full of foxes of all kinds of skills. Should she take Laykos there? Would Laykos even want to go on tribe grounds? A small, involuntary whine escaped her throat; she was very close to having a panic attack, and if she didn't stop her frantic train of thoughts she would likely pass out from the stress.

Yushika

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 pm
He nodded in answer to her question, expanding his wings with a wince. Well, flying was out of the question... But he was sure he could stand if he wanted to. Clambering jerkily up, the male stumbled before catching himself.

"Hey, hey." He cooed gently as he heard her whine, leaning down and gently nuzzling her cheek in comfort. "I'm okay. I'm alright. I'm a big guy."

jinxgirl5

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm
Word count: 235

For a time Nola could do little more than tremble in Laykos' hold. How could he be okay, with all those wounds? He had to be telling her that just to reassure her. It was all her fault! If she'd been paying attention Laykos wouldn't have had to save her. If she hadn't stumbled upon him, simply resting, then he could have gone on his way. If, if, if, if... A maelstrom of ifs swirled around in her mind, all centered around the blame she felt was hers. She was just a tiny, insignificant little shadow of a vixen, who would probably never be missed if she was gone. That was how little the world ever seemed to see of her.

She might have shattered completely under the pressure the situation put on her severe lack of self-esteem and timid nature, if it wasn't for a lesson her brother had taught her. With a physical shudder she pulled herself out of the storm, switching mental tracks. It wasn't gone, not by any means, but by shifting her focus away to something else she was no longer paralyzed. It had taken a lot of coaching and patience, a lot of help, but it was something she could manage on her own at least.

"W-W-We should find a safer place. I don't want that b-bear to hurt you again." Nola looked up, eyes practically pleading with Laykos.

Yushika

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 pm
Her trembling was enough to illicit worry as he held her, large wings moving to cover the tiny vixen as much as possible. When she spoke he almost denied her, wanting nothing more then to attend to her own fears then stress about his wounds. Yet, those large eyes, pleading at the 'daeva was enough to shatter any attempt.

"Okay, okay." He assured, detangling himself from her and stepping to the side, crouching to avoid the trees. His eyes darted, seeking a spot for them to hide. He was probably too big to locate a hollow tree and slip inside. Suddenly, he remembered something, head snapping to view her with a wide smile.

"Your tribe! I mean, well, I can't go there, but I can take you back so you'll be safe. I can find my way back to my den, I'm sure. I just want you safe, first."

jinxgirl5

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:03 pm
Word count: 337

Nola shook her head, refusing to hear of leaving Laykos alone and injured. "T-They don't mind strangers, as long as they come in peace and mean no harm," she spoke softly. Certainly that was true even under normal circumstances, but in this case, with Laykos having saved Nola from a bear? Elder Ari himself might put in an appearance to thank Laykos for saving not only a tribe member but one of his grandchildren, and would see to it that the Daeva receive medicinal attention for his wounds and food to eat. If nothing else her parents would do so, and be the first to offer their den as a place of shelter. It was in tribal territory, close to the center of things to be safe but far enough away for Nola's shy mother to feel at ease.

The thought of her shy mother and a quick reflection of her own shyness made her wonder if Laykos would be uncomfortable being among the tribe. If he was used to being on his own then being in Lunarie (a rather big tribe!) might cause him some anxieties of his own. Well Nola could sympathize with that! Regardless, she was still determined to see the Daeva was safe and given a chance to heal from his wounds. "M-My parent's den is quiet and isolated, b-but if that makes you uncomfortable I know a f-few good spots that are a bit further away but still s-safe," she said, wishing she and Laykos could be at one of those spots right now. She could certainly feel much better!

Deep inside she was also afraid Laykos might refuse. She had brought all this trouble on him, after all, and what could a little thing like her do to stop him? If he really wanted her gone and said as much she would leave. She wouldn't be able to do so in good conscious and would probably fret, but if her absence brought him happiness and safety, she would gladly keep away.

Yushika

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm
He looked down at the much smaller vixen, letting out a soft laugh. She wasn't letting him get away with his wounds untended, that much was for sure.

"Alright," He relented, wincing against the sharp throb of one of his wounds. "I don't mind the den, if your parents don't mind a stranger within their home." Really, he was just about to agree to anything as the pain began to ebb into a consistent and maddening rhythm.

"Could you lead the way?"

jinxgirl5

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

● RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items