Reply 28. ✿ - - - Video Games
Final Fantasy Series (Some spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thats so Mimi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 pm
I've always loved Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10.

Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
Made me cry because Zack was my favorite character and I was waiting for him to tell Aerith that he loved her and they should've kissed.. but nooooo, he had to die and that ending just ripped my heart out.

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children
Made me realize that Cloud should've gone for Tifa and let go of Aerith. The ending was sweet though..

Final Fantasy 10
I was soooo happy that Yuna and Tidus kissed but then at the end, he just had to disappear. But in the next game, I was happy that they reunited.
BUT HERE'S MY PROBLEM.
Why did Yuna have to change her appearance? She was soooo beautiful before! And that goes along with Rikku. Sure, I understand her dress was a little too long for adventuring and sphere hunting, but why does she have to look almost IDENTICAL to Tidus.
Compare Tidus and Yuna from FFX-2 okay?
Somewhat same hair, Jecht logo, and their outfits are almost the same.
I know Yuna really loved Tidus, but to nearly copy his outfit?

Final Fantasy 13

At first, I thought that Lightning was really being a b*tch. (Excuse my language please.) But overtime, I could see that she was just being the worried big sister she had to be.
Then there was Mr. Hope Esthiem. I THOUGHT VANILLE AND HOPE WERE ADORABLE WHEN THEY HAD THEIR MOMENTS! But then again, he was being childish at times. Sure, I know that Vanille is 19 and I'm pretty sure Hope is around 14-16. But I still want them together. I heard that the two of them got married in the future but it's probably only a rumor.

Snow and Serah are adorable but I kinda wanted Serah to be with Noel. I thought they would have been more cuter.

Sazh is a funny character, I really love his cute chocobo that hides in that afro of his. c:

Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns

All I have to say is that Lumina is adorable and I love her.

What do you think? c:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:03 pm
yum_tea Did...did you not go through that cutscene in the original game that showed you what happened to Zack and Cloud after their escape from Hojo's lab? Zack never made it back to Aerith in the original, either.

My favorite Final Fantasy game has to be, hands down, Final Fantasy Tactics. The story is the absolute best in the series, with just enough intrigue to keep you guessing but not enough to make the plot obtuse. I'm a fan of the little sprite graphics, they're very cute. The music is beautiful. Also, the leveling system is top notch. I love seeing my EXP accumulate with each hit or spell, and I love customizing my characters with job classes, skills, and equipment. The characters are rather endearing, as well.

Well, except for Malak. Faith-based magic on a high Brave character? WTF no.  

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 pm
I'm honestly not that big of a fan of VII. I gave the game(s) a shot and it didn't captivate me the way I felt it should have, especially considering it has several spin-off games, a CGI movie and an anime.

That's not to say I'm judging anyone for enjoying it. It wasn't my thing, but I'm not going to hate on people for liking it where I didn't.

I'm really fearing that XIII is going the same route as VII. I was really disappointed in XIII because I had such high expectations for the game, especially since Square kept pushing back the initial release date to make it 'better'. When I finally played it, I felt that it was a sterile, emotionless experience. Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous game and the battle system was nice, but the main plot took too long to trigger and many other elements of the game were featured in previous games, and were executed better.

Again, not hating people for liking the game. This is just my opinion and you shouldn't let it change how you feel about something you like.

I'm a huge fan of VIII admittedly. I don't really like Squall as a character, and I really hate how there was no build-up in any of the romantic pairings, but the game is still very dear to me. The Junction system was an interesting way to handle magic and summons in the game, and it offered so much customization; no two play-throughs are ever exactly alike because the combinations are endless. That, and depending on how you junction, your party can be a major force to be reckoned with in battle. That, and Irvine is one of my all-time favorite video game characters. He's such a unique character and it makes me a bit sad that Square wrote him off as the party member that everyone was supposed to hate.

IX is really fun too. The cast of characters is so colorful and diverse and reminds me of classic NES/SNES games. That, and the steampunk elements had be interested once I saw the airships. The art style is pretty cute too.

X is a great game. I love the combat system. Getting to switch out party members at a moment's notice is amazing. The environments are beautiful and enchanting as well. Everything happened at a nice pace that didn't make it feel like it was happening too fast or too slow. I didn't find Tidus to be nearly as annoying as people claim him to be. It was refreshing to have an optimistic, friendly protagonist opposed to the brooding ones Square usually gives us. He wasn't really that whiny; in fact, I'm pretty sure most people would act the same way, given the situation. And, Blitzball. I was so good at Blitzball.

At the risk of making everyone hate me (though I'm pretty sure my opinion on VII already did that), I'm just going to say that I liked XII. Vaan was a rather disappointing protagonist, but the leveling system and the Gambit system were nice, and I'm not just saying that because 'Gambit' makes me think of X-Men. Combat was fun, albeit frustrating at times due to the level of quick thinking it required. When I played it, I really felt like it was high fantasy meets Star Wars, which surprisingly worked quite well together. Balthier and Fran were really fun. I got much more of a 'Leading Man' and 'Femme Fatal' vibe out of them than Vaan and Ashe respectively, who I assume were supposed to be the main characters.

I'm done babbling. =x  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff