Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Selfie Mishaps (Sucre'n'Leo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 am
Leo paused, one hand on the slightly ajar communal bathroom door, and frowned. Was that... the scent of fire? She sniffed, curious; it didn't seem like anything was burning out of hand, rather, there was a faint scent of candles - like when her mom had set up the terrace on summer evenings, aglow with candles everywhere.

But why on earth would anyone want to put candles in a bathroom? It occurred to her that maybe, possibly, this was not the sort of situation where one just peeked in in curiousity; but on the other hand, the door was slightly open so it wasn't like anyone was getting up to hanky-panky or anything, right? You'd definitely want to close the door for that. Probably find a better location than one of the communal bathrooms in the monster dorm, too. She was pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to find somewhere, anywhere, more romantic than this. Even with candles.

She listened for a few moments, satisfied that there didn't seem to be any incriminating sounds coming from the suspect bathroom. Alright then, shouldn't be anything wrong with checking on what was up, then!

With that thought in mind, Leo opened the door with a flourish and found... "Sucre? What are you doing?" There was Sucre, and candles, and nothing looking particularly like hanky-panky, thankfully. She wasn't quite sure what it looked like, though. "Are you, er, redecorating the bathroom?"

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm
Ephebe

Sucre had been much too busy trying to light the fifteen or so candles she had dotted the bathroom with to notice anyone approching. This was not going to be any old Selfie, she wanted to win, and she needed a good ambiance. She was intensely and carefully drawing the match across the box again while her lips were squished together as she practiced her duckface. Sucre wasn't afraid of fire, but she didn't really want to find out what happened if she burnt a finger. After all water had a petty irritating affect on her, who's to say fire would be any better. Logically it wouldn't.

A voice caught her of guard and she pulled with a little to much force and snapped the offending match in half. "Oh Jack!" She exclaimed and then huffed out that it was useless anyway. She turned to face the voice and found Leo.

"Oh Leo!. I'm setting the mood! Here look.." She said as she picked up her EyePhone and shoved it in front of Leo's face. "Look at those prizes, I NEED TO WIN" Her voice got a little deeper as she exaggerated the last words. The announcement for the contest was on the screen, zoomed in on the prize section.

"Basically you have to take the most fangtastic selfie! So I thought I'd look amazing in candle light! Look at all the facates of my goo!" She struck a pose while waving a gooey arm toward the candle arrangement for emphasis. "Maybe you could help?" She made large round bug-eyes toward her friend.  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:55 pm
Leo squinted at the EyePhone, reading what did indeed seem like a very good list of prizes. Some more so than others, of course - she wasn't quite sure what she'd ever do with a photoshoot with a professional photographer, other than look awkward the whole time. "Those prizes do look pretty sweet but..." She looked up from the EyePhone, unconsciously frowning a bit, "what in the name of Jack Skellington is a selfie? A picture?"

The candle light really did look amazing on Sucre's goo though, playing with the colours and bringing out different shades in a way that was quite impressive. Combined with the pose, there was only really one response she could give - it was a double thumbs up from Leo. "Sure I guess! What are friends for, right? What do you need me to do?"

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:09 pm
Ephebe

She couldn't help the fact that her mouth hung open at Leo's question. Where did this ghoul live, under a rock. No, she knew some moss monster that actually lived under a rock who probably knew what a selfie was....well maybe not...

She was about to go on her rant about selfies when she realized she wasn't sure how to describe it, who didn't know what a selfie was? Leo. Leo did not.

"Well, it is a picture, but more of a self-portrait, but I guess sometimes people call group pictures selfie." She put a finger up to her bottom lip and tapped it, as if she was confusing herself in the process. "Look a selfie is typically a self-portrait, only done with mobile phones, like my EyePhone, and is never taken by someone else, so it usually involves a front-facing camera or a mirror. And you should get super close to your face, and maybe a lower angle so your lips look bigger, but not too low our you get all up in your nose." While saying this Sucre snatched back her phone and demonstrated it for Leo. She snapped the photo and stared at it briefly before making a yuck sound and announcing it was terrible. It had only existed mere seconds before she deleted it.

"And that is why I need your help. Maybe if I stand here." Sucre positioned herself, arm extended, and continued to adjust her position and camera for what probably seemed like an eternity to an observer but was necessary for a good selfie by Sucre's standards. "Okay, so maybe if you light those few last candles and then hold one just behind my face, but don't photobomb me and ruin it okay?" She said this while still keeping the awkward selfie position.  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:08 am
She nodded slowly, taking in the explanation. To Sucre's credit it was a pretty good explanation, at least by Leo's estimation - she now had a good idea of what a selfie was, although why they were so popular she still couldn't quite figure out. Oh well.

Helping a friend though, that was something she could get behind. And if the other ghoul wanted those prizes, by golly, she'd do her best to help. "That does seem like a good place to stand," Leo said as she observed Sucre adjust the camera and her position, "brings out the colours in your goo very nicely."

Waiting patiently for her cue, a wide grin appeared on her face when it finally came, "will do, ma'm!" Lighting candles she could handle, and grabbing a match and lighting it quick, she set to work. The last candles were quickly lit, though she couldn't resist rearranging one or two so they cast a better light on Sucre.

Keeping her instructions in mind, she held up the last candle behind her friend's face and tried to decide what kind of face would count as 'not photobombing'. Probably nothing super serious, or anything that'd draw the eye away from Sucre, so in the end she went with a slight smile. Not too big, not too small. That'd do it.

Ah jack it, but this angle of the candle didn't cast a very good light on Sucre. Maybe a little closer would do the trick... "Right, ready!"

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm
Ephebe

It really was Sucre's fault, she hadn't been paying much attention to what exactly her friend was doing. Mostly she had been adjusting the angle of her head now and once satisfied made sure her lips were puckered out enough. She said a quick thanks to Leo for the compliments but she was too absorbed in her selfie to care too much.

The ghoul couldn't be blamed for not noticing the heat. It had been warm ever since she started lighting up the candles and she just assumed the weird heat around her gooey face and bangs was just from the proximity of the candle. Technically it was. Sucre was so intent on getting a perfect selfie that she did not notice she was infarct on fire.

Sucre was turned toward the left, it was her best side. Her head was slightly tilted upwards, just enough to emphasize her lips, which were perfectly pouted. Her goo did look fabulous against the candle flames, especially where Leo was holding the candle closest to her. It was glistening in it's rainbow of colors, all with the warm candlelight. It was great back-lighting. Unfortunately as soon as she tapped her screen to capture the picture Sucre felt the heat, moved her arm and face just enough to catch a very surprised Leo in the picture. Sucre gasped at the picture. Not only was her selfie ruined, but she was on fire. Leo's candle was just a little too close and perhaps Sucre was just a little too flammable.

User Image

She let out an alarmed yelp and flailed around. What did she do now!? She couldn't use water. There was no dirt around, or anything to smother the fire with. The more time she wasted thinking and moving the more the fire burned at her goo. Finally she just flipped enough of her gooey hair around in her squirming that it covered and effectively put out the fire. She didn't notice, of course not. Sucre was too busy still freaking out.  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:50 am
"Unholy crap!" A second after the selfie had been taken, Leo went into panic mode, frantically looking around for anything to put out the fire. "Crap, crap, crap -" they were in a bathroom, there was water aplenty, but she was pretty sure any water she tried to scoop up would trickle out of her hands before she even reached Sucre and the fire.

But she had a handkerchief and if you could put out fires with a blanket then surely a handkerchief would be just as good! Unknotting it with shaky hands from its position around her neck, she completely failed to notice that the fire had already been put out - and with a cry of victory on finally getting the cloth free, Leo proceeded to pat frantically at Sucre's hair.

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:24 pm
Ephebe

Sucre was a little too shocked to be mad, at least at first. She felt pressure on her hair as Leo patted it frantically. Sucre just glared at her, but it was hard to be angry when her friend looked like that. There was something endearing about her friends clumsiness?

She grumbled "it's fine" and swatted at Leo's hands. She glanced at her phone where the mishap was photographed. It honestly was pretty sour, she was on fire and would probably never ever get a picture like that again, she might as well enter it.

Sucre let out a heavy sigh, "well it will be original right?" Then, with a wicked grin she said. "It's your turn!" She thrust her phone at Leo. "But you'll have to do without candles. I'm not touching them or getting lit on fire again," Sucre, while hardly upset anymore, she did think she had to at least mess with Leo a bit.

She rubbed at her hair, which was charred in the corner. She might have to go see the nurse about that....  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:42 am
Oh, it was. She'd completely failed to notice that the fire was already out until Sucre's words, and with a still shocked expression Leo let her hands be swatted away from the other ghoul's hair.

What had she done. "I'm so, so sorry! I wasn't thinking at all, argh!" Miserable, she clutched the handkerchief, unconsciously twisting it as she contemplated the many ways she had just failed her friend.

"Yeah, I guess so. Probably not too many other creeple with their hair on fire for this," the smile she gave was small, but it was there. "Gotta be points for originality, right?" Sucre always seemed to have a way of just moving on when Leo messed up - but privately, the mare decided that this was going to be the last time she messed up. No more offensive questions or setting her friend on fire, jack it!

She'd been slightly distracted thinking about this and had nearly missed what Sucre was saying though, "wait - me?!" Out of habit she grabbed the proffered EyePhone, letting the ruined handkerchief float to the floor. Well, more like splat to the floor - it had gotten a fair bit of goo on it, after all, and gravity did its thing.

"Of course not!" About to start on a great apology speech (if she did say so herself), Leo deflated when she saw her friend's wicked grin. It'd been just a joke. "Right, right. I'll take one then."

But how? Recalling Sucre's earlier explanation and actions, she struck a fancy pose and pouted her lips as best she could. It didn't look as good as it had on her friend - probably practice, she guessed. Never having done this before made her look a bit stiff and unsure of herself. Ah well. If it'd make her friend happy, she'd do it.

Just as she tapped the screen to take the selfie, she felt a blob of something squishy making its way down her hair and face. While she'd been been distracted, Sucre had gotten her revenge - using her own goo. The end result was a selfie of a shocked looking Leo, multi-coloured goo (that still glistened in the light of the remaining candles) flattening her abundant curls and sliding down her face. She was pretty sure she felt some of it make its way in to her ear, as well.

"You!" The exclamation was loud, but also more shocked than angry and she couldn't hold off the laugh that followed it. She had to stop quickly though, or she'd have ended up with goo in her mouth.

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am
Ephebe

Sucre could not stop laughing, it was hurting, but still she kept it up. It was just too funny. The look on Leo's face was priceless. Jack! If Leo didn't get her picture up in a gallery Sucre was still going to frame that and add it to her walls, and then maybe all over the school....

"Wait" she said between laughs, "let me see it!" But she caught sight of her friend and found she was consumed with giggles again. "I'm sorry...here" She searched for something to wipe away the goo that was slowly dripping down Leo's face but came up empty handed. "Ugh you can just splash some water on your face, it'll come off really easy. Just don't splash too much, I don't want to get wet." Then as a precaution, which you seemed to need around Leo, Sucre backed up a foot or two.  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm
Lips twitching madly as she tried to wipe off the goo, Leo huffed a bit. Well, that or laughed - either way, the sound was slightly suppressed as she tried to keep it in.

"Right, thanks for the tip." She'd made sure to wipe around her mouth before speaking, but even so it was a close call. "Probably best not to get this wet, though." Marching over to Sucre (who seemed to be keeping a good distance) she quickly handed over the EyePhone before making her way over to the closest tap. Bending over the sink and splashing cold water on her face, the goo did indeed come off just as easily as the other ghoul said.

The problem was that a good lot of goo was stuck in her hair. Trying to get it out was a bit of a fight, and after a few moments of futility Leo gave up and pointed an accusing finger at her friend, "we're totally even now, got it?" She shook the finger with a grin though, not really properly mad. She'd pretty much deserved this after setting Sucre's hair on fire, after all.

"I should probably get back to my dorm and get some clean clothes so I can go take a shower, though. Don't think this is coming off with anything less than that." She pulled on a lock of greasy hair, sighing lightly. "Do you need to go see the nurse about your burn? Just in case."

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 pm
Ephebe

Sucre took her phone, "I'll go ahead and enter these as soon as I get back to my dorm!"

"Yeah yeah" She said, waving around her hand. "We'll call it even, but only because the look on your face was priceless." She grinned.

Sucre stuffed her phone back into her pocket and waited for her friend to finish.
"I'll stop by just to get it looked at. You go get cleaned off. And do me a favor and blow out these candles." She said, waving to Leo, her back now turned toward the other ghoul.

"These are going to be winners, I can feel it! Thanks for the help Leo, see you later!" She called out as she exited the bathroom.  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:23 am
"Any time, and thanks to you too - I think." A wry grin and a wave to the retreating Sucre, and Leo went to snuff out the remaining candles before making her way back to her dorm.

Madness_insanity

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff