Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP][PLOT] Why me? (Queen Belwen x Mazarine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:07 pm
User ImageMazarine paused as the other Flutters were released. Every fiber of his being urged him to follow. To go home and settle down into his bed for the night.

There was just one problem with that. The Queen of the Forn tree had asked to talk to him.... Privately. Was he too brazen in the fireside? Was he going to be punished as well for merely speaking his mind? He couldn't be sure.

Though her calm and cool attitude about it did make him a little curious. She didn't come across as angry or upset at all during the Fireside. A little concerned and worried, yes. But she did well to not snip at any one group more than the other. She kept it very neutral. Something he felt he had to admire.

He crossed the room after most of the others had left for the night. He was - for the most part - nervous. One on one conversations were never exactly his forte...

Still, it had to be done....

He took a deep breath and closed the gap between him and the Queen, tail swishing softly in anxiety of the situation. "You... you wished to speak with me, Queen Belwen?" he asked, breaking the momentary silence.

Antidia
Sorry so short. Not exactly good with starters. XD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 pm
User ImageThe queen smiled and bid farewell to the rest of the Flutters as they made their way home or to a room for the night. She had Shaylee deliver the notes from the fireside to her personal chamber and then lingered around a little to observe the few Flutters she requested personal audiences with. She might have delighted a bit in how nervous they appeared. Good.

As Mazarine approached, she smiled and gave an approving nod. Her instincts were proving right so far. "Aye, Druid. Would you mind accompanying me to a more private location? I have a matter I'd like to keep discreet to discuss." She spoke softly.

She extended a hand outwards in the direction of her chamber. "It's just over here." Belwen lead the Harn Druid to the room she used to conduct Flutter business. Really, it was just another hollowed out space with an ornately carved heavy door. The image depicted Forn Sheedhiel, with Harn reflected below. The room itself lay just off the atrium, and was the only other room on the lowest level, just below the ground.

Inside there was a small, round wooden door in the upper corner of Forn's meeting chamber, likely an escape hatch. Or a hatch to bust out and blast rainbows at the punks that dare trespass on sacred fairy lands. The room was decorated as any in Forn Sheedhiel might be: with natural accents, flowers, vines, and splashes of color. Though it could be argued that the color splashes were the result of tantrums, and not creative artistic choices. In the area nearest the entry point was a rickety loom made of felled tree branches with the partial beginnings of a tapestry. It was hard to tell what the image was going to be.

The furniture was minimal. Stuffed cushions surrounded a short little round table in the center of the room.

The large door was already opened, so she offered for Mazarine to enter ahead of her. "Make yourself comfortable. I will try to keep this brief so you can leave with your colony. Although we do have prepared sleeping spaces if you choose to stay till morning."

The queen moved around the druid to sit on a soft cushion next to the table. She pat the center of the cushion beside her and tipped her head to motion for him to join her. "Harn Sheedhiel did well in selecting you as her Keeper of Life for her children."

Seruta

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 am
When the Queen offered a little more private location, Mazarine froze in place for a moment. He had half a mind to tell her that he'd rather not keep secrets from his own tree mates - even if they were about to get punished for nearly exposing themselves - but the other part of him didn't want to argue with a queen of any sort.

He took a deep breath then and nodded, following her to the room she gestured and lead him to.

The longer Mazarine looked about the Forn tree, the more he began to realize that it was nearly identical to the Harn tree. Some... decorations were clearly implemented here. He personally could not tell if the rainbow colored splashes were meant to be decorative or not, but he wasn't about to say anything about it lest he might offend the artist responsible.

Once inside the room, he made his way to stand in its center. His arms naturally crossed his chest as she offered lodging for the night.

"I believe I'll make my decision upon discovering what my brothers and sisters have decided." he then offered, hoping she wouldn't pick up on the possibly snippy way he presented the statement. He didn't mean to be snippy....

Ok...

Maybe a little...

His tail gave another nervous flick. Aaaaaaaand then she complimented him... He was only slightly confused by the comment made. He hadn't really done anything to warrant a compliment of that caliber. Here, anyways.... He just spoke a few haughty words and took a few verbal bullets for his team. Unless she somehow knew exactly all the things he did back in Harn. Add that small bit of confusion with the idea that she was patting the seat next to her and he was suddenly truly confused.

With a brow raised, he tilted his head towards Belwen.

"If..." he stepped forward then, taking the seat directly across from her. He hoped that she didn't find that action rude... just cautious. "If I may ask to just skip to the point? N-Not to be rude or anything, I just...." he caught himself stumbling over his words, seeming to revert back to his usual self. Without his brothers and sisters nearby he seemed to have lost some of his unusually brazen stance. "Why have you asked to speak to me in here?"

Antidia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:53 pm
"Alright, I'll get to the point." The queen sat with her knees tucked under as she looked across the table. On the table were the notes Shaylee had taken of the fireside. "You've shown intuitive leadership abilities here today. You were the only one to speak up and defend your home, and your sister. I am sure you are aware that without Indilwen, Harn is suffering, and you are taking initiative." The pleasant demeanor in which she used - which was to ease Mazarine's nerves - was fading as the circumstances in which she needed to speak to the Harn Druid surfaced.

"Mazarine, I need to know exactly what Indilwen was doing the last time you saw her, and how long Harn has known she's been missing. And how long ago did you lose those seeds? " Seeds. Belwen knew it was more than one.

She did as he wished, so he may leave when the other Harn Flutters do. She had a tick of her own nervousness regarding what she was to ask of him during this meeting.

Seruta

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:44 pm
Some initiative... he grumbled to his inner thoughts. He was merely acting on anxiety and the pressure of being in the other tree. In a sense, he was backed into a corner and he merely buffed up his chest a bit.

He inhaled deeply and sighed just as strongly. "I honestly can't offer much." he then answered, his eyes casting downwards for a moment. "I was in my druid nook. A few of the local critters had gotten into quite the scuffle over some food and I was..." he grimaced noticeably. "... mending them..." he then added then cleared his throat. "I saw her walk by my doorway, but she looked to be heading into her own business quarters-" he waved a hand to the room around them. "Much like what you have here and that was it. I had assumed she was busy with one thing or another, so I didn't make any effort to bother her." he shrugged. "Besides. I needed a day's rest after after that mess..."

His ears then pivoted forward, as if he was slowly relaxing in the moment. "It must have been a day or two later when someone noticed she was missing and began asking of her whereabouts. No one knew. We assumed she had come here to do more business, but when she never returned everyone began to worry. We've been trying to continue with our duties in the mean time, but everyone has been keeping an eye open for any trace or clue as to where she has gone."

"As for the seeds, I personally had no knowledge that any had gone missing. I only just discovered this at our meeting tonight. I have to say that this is a rather troublesome discovery."
he shifted a bit on his pillow, head tilting. "Though I guess my knowledge of anything else at our home has been somewhat minimal. With the issues of the ill birds, fighting critters and the random bouts of common colds, I've been keeping myself relatively busy." His ears swiveled back a smidge in some small form of shame. "I'm actually a little behind in getting the infusions together for Harn, to be honest."

Antidia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:21 pm
"I do apologize for adding to your already stressful workload. But Flutters need guidance and leadership. Otherwise they tend to ... drift and ignore the duties required for survival, like Shaylee. Harn flutters look up to you, and I noticed they looked to you for answers.

Delyth should be able to help you with your specific duties as the druid, while you take on the task of organizing the harvest and preparing for winter. We won't let Harn suffer or fall behind."

Belwen pulled a strand of hair behind her ear before leaning forward to fold her hands on the table. "You'll have to delegate duties and oversee everything. Leave your security to Lisian, and eventually Tegeirian, but respond to all threats, treating them seriously no matter how small. We all want to survive this winter."

She used the quill on her table to scribe a few notes. She recorded Mazarine's information regarding Indilwen's whereabouts. "You'll be the first person I contact when we learn anything of your queen or the lost seeds. Don't be so prideful that you aren't afraid to ask for help from us, okay?"

Relaxing once more, she smiled to the Harn druid. "I have faith in you. And if you need more information or a warm body or two to help, please send word to me personally. We always have Shaylee available."

Seruta
Sorry for the delay. This RP can end with your next post if you like, unless there's other business Mazarine would like to discuss.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 pm
Mazarine's wings flitted back and pinned themselves together. Eyes went wide for a brief moment as the news - rather the bestowment of responsibility - finally settled upon his thoughts.

Was she really giving him full authority of his tree in his own Queen's absence?!

He let the idea sink in a moment before he shook his head to snap himself out of his stupor.

"Queen Belwen... I-..." he stammered, trailing off into silence a moment. 'I can't be a leader! I'm a healer!'

His eyes shifted back and forth now, as if searching for a true and valid reason to express to the Queen why he couldn't... no... Shouldn't! be a leader of... anybody!

His people needed a leader. His people needed someone to look to. Queen Belwen spoke the truth. They were spiraling out of control without someone taking the wheel.

He sighed deeply and rand a hand over his face before he nodded. Finally accepting the role - though mildly reluctantly - he relaxed his wings and looked to Belwen.

"Alright." he started, pausing briefly before he pointed a finger. "But only until Queen Indilwen returns! The second she's back home is the same second I'm back to my own role..."

He trembled faintly, already giving orders... To the other Queen no doubt...

"My apologies. I'm... I'm a bit on edge."

He took another deep breath then moved on to a new topic. "Before I take my leave, I'd like to make a request?" he didn't really give her an option to respond.

"I'd like to sit in when you talk to Tegeirian..."

Antidia
I know you wanted me to end it with this post, but he wouldn't let me let it go. D:

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games