Submit

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm
Classes start on the 29th this month and I'm fairly confident about my schedule (british lit, world history, public speaking) except for the general science physics course. I get that general science courses are for dipshit non-science majors like me but I'm still flipping nervous. I never even took a physics class in high school lol. (Was exempted for history & english AP course load.)

Biology is fine buuut I feel like physics will be like math or chemistry and I'll only be able to pass with a C or maybe a low B.

Stressing here, ladies :'D

Does anyone know of helpful resources like youtube videos or something?

I could recommend a bajillion for history or english but not this lol

(I would have taken a different course for lab science requirement but I wasn't able to register until just before the term started, due to employment/health issues, so there wasn't a whole lot to choose from and I wanted a full-time schedule. Meerp.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:19 pm
Physics requires you to practice a bunch.

The hardest part is understanding the problem, once you understand the problem you can set it up and the rest becomes math. If you aren't that great at math and can take any general science course, I would maybe consider dropping it/try to get into another class.

I don't know any specific helpful videos, but I know if you need to see how an example was solved you can search for the subject in YouTube and usually find something. (though I often find that people who do this don't do as well because they don't make sure they are learning the material because they are just following the guide.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 am
cool4

The hardest part is understanding the problem, once you understand the problem you can set it up and the rest becomes math. If you aren't that great at math and can take any general science course, I would maybe consider dropping it/try to get into another class.

I don't know any specific helpful videos, but I know if you need to see how an example was solved you can search for the subject in YouTube and usually find something. (though I often find that people who do this don't do as well because they don't make sure they are learning the material because they are just following the guide.

Thanks for the advice! =]

I actually dropped physics and am registered for psych (mind and braaain, I thought those were sort of the same but hey what do I know?) instead this term.

Psych is not in the mornings thank gawd.~~~

I'll be taking the geology general science course to meet my lab science core requirement c:

I'm sure geology involves some math but there's no pre-req for it, so I'm guessing not quite so much lol (besides carbon dating merp?)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:20 am
flauterfli
cool4

Thanks for the advice! =]

I actually dropped physics and am registered for psych (mind and braaain, I thought those were sort of the same but hey what do I know?) instead this term.

Psych is not in the mornings thank gawd.~~~

I'll be taking the geology general science course to meet my lab science core requirement c:

I'm sure geology involves some math but there's no pre-req for it, so I'm guessing not quite so much lol (besides carbon dating merp?)

The only math I've ever encountered in geology is carbon dating.

Mind and Brain are debated if they are the same or if they are different. Depends on if you're dualistic or not. Most people are in favor of dualism.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces