I want to go on vacation but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm
So today my manager told me I should take my vacation soon before the year is over. I really want to go somewhere nice with my boyfriend but I'm on a really small budget. At first I was thinking a cruise, but a lot of the good ones depart from Miami Fl. which would cause us to buy plane tickets, thus bumping the price up. We live in new york right now, and both work for the same company, so we both know the stresses of our job and totally need to relax. I'd say our budget is $1,000. Is this even enough to go on vacation? Or should we just stay local? Any ideas would be awesome! (we also still live with our families, so we never get any alone time :T A hotel or something would be nice)

Please help me think of something!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:22 pm
Chemism
So today my manager told me I should take my vacation soon before the year is over. I really want to go somewhere nice with my boyfriend but I'm on a really small budget. At first I was thinking a cruise, but a lot of the good ones depart from Miami Fl. which would cause us to buy plane tickets, thus bumping the price up. We live in new york right now, and both work for the same company, so we both know the stresses of our job and totally need to relax. I'd say our budget is $1,000. Is this even enough to go on vacation? Or should we just stay local? Any ideas would be awesome! (we also still live with our families, so we never get any alone time :T A hotel or something would be nice)

Have you seen much of New York? Is there an area you don't normally go to? What about the surrounding small towns nearby? Why not just get a nice hotel and have a staycation? Pick an area and look up some of the attractions.

Me and my BF like to go to areas around town. We both work for a hotel so that makes it easier to have a little staycation.  

strawberri manda

Sugary Star

17,475 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Swivils42

Victorious Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:00 am
Myrtle Beach SC is a good place to go on a low budget this time of year. I know this because I've worked in hotel reservations for 4 years here. I just got laid off from my job because of how slow it's been, so I can't give estimates on hotel rooms. But whatever you do, my advice is to not book on 3rd party websites like Expedia, if you find a good deal on one of those websites, some hotels will price match. But the reason I tell you this is because firstly, most websites like that will not show you the full price, most of the time it is the base price before taxes/hotel fees, Second, if you come to MB, most of the hotels are owned and operated locally, so they will purposely give 3rd party bookings the shittiest rooms in the hotel.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:26 am
Chemism

Well, you should reserve 500 for the flights, the rest, fly up somewhere where its cheap. Ej. Where I live, 1 dollar is 43 pesos. look for places that are cheap and the currency is lower.  

NC_Nana

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff