Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] First Aid 101 [Kenta || Ziva]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NAME OF CLASS: First Aid 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Cricket

General information: A general overview on basic illnesses a student might run into, as well as symptoms and quick fixes to things like breaks and deep cuts while on the go!

Each student is given a dummy to work on, though they may choose to partner up in fixing it.

Mechanics:
Roll 1 20-sided dice, what you roll is what your student gets to work with...

Dice Rolls and What they Mean!
1-4 - Broken Bone
4-8 - Fever
9-12 - Heat Stroke
13-16 - Hypothermia
17-20 - Lack of Bodily Function (such as breathing, pulse, etc) - this is unnaturally so.

After this, please roll 4, 4-sided Dice. Take into account their total and any repeating numbers

Total Results and their Meaning

1-6 - You do a rather poor job patching up your dummy, you might not want to try and heal anybody anytime soon!
7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!
12-16 - Extra good work! Your student can now heal surface wounds!, but not repair HP! This means things like cuts and bleeding that might hinder another character can be patched up!

What Repeating Numbers Mean

No Repeating Numbers - You used just the right amount of supplies, good for you! Not wasteful at all.
Repeating 1s or 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.
Repeating 3s or 4s - You used too many supplies and that's wasteful! Naughty! Cricket might make you earn your supply rights back in a future class!

If you work as a group, split up the dice between yourselves as evenly as possible. So if you're paired up, each person rolls a 10 sided dice and you add up the results to get your dummy!

Then you split up your 4 sided dice to work on fixing it up!

Bonus Mechanics:
For every 3 times you attempt this course, your student may add +1 to their 4d4 dice roll's total to improve how well they patched up the dummy.

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN...

- You are finished rolling both sets of dice and rping out the results. That means you have to START OVER to try again! You may do so in the same thread or a new one if you decide to attempt again at a later date.

Quote:
To get ability:
Requirements: Score three rounds of a total score of 10 or higher in the open class First Aid 101. Click here to go to this class!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm
Kenta was looking for a class to occupy his afternoon with since he was a little nervous about the upcoming prom and being Jala's date... A class with work ought to be good at taking my mind off it, he thought to himself. Something useful though... He was looking at a board in the hallway when he spotted that a first adie class was open.
"That ought to be useful," he muttered to himself. "Wonder if I can use it on my minis since they keep getting hurt rough housing..."

He entered and sat down close to the door, not wanting to interrupt the teacher who was just starting to talk.

Nilah44
Rp first, then we can roll 1 d10 each and add together the numbers to see what they are dealing with. then after that roll 2 d4 each and add together numbers and see how they deal.

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm
Plants had always been Ziva's 'thing'. And what did plants often have in common? Their uses in healing, which was something Ziva had always been fairly interested in. Although she didn't know much about plants healing abilities, she had always been able to make them grow for others, a perk of being a druid she supposed. But now that she was taking classes, Ziva thought it was a perfect time to take a first aid class. Sure it was only 101 but it would give her a good basis...hopefully. She was a little late...as the teacher had already started talking and there were a few people already sitting down. Walking in the door, she went and sat calmly right in the middle of the class and tried to listen to instructions. She passed an undead...dog? She had to wonder if he smelled worse before or after dying.  
robot kitten rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:06 pm
The teacher, after giving them only the barest of instructions on how to figure out what they were facing and how to fix it, assigned partners.
Well at least I don't have to flounder on my own, he thought as he was assigned to some swankily dressed girl in clothes that did not fit into a classroom at all. Reaper probably, he thought warily as he recalled the last reaper girl dressed nicely he ran into. Maybe she won't be as bitchy as the last one...

"You ...any good with healing?" He asked as he approached the girl and the dummy they'd been given. He had almost no knowledge except for fixing himself... which probably wouldn't work on a lot of the non undead...  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Nilah44 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 pm
Ziva could only sigh as the teacher started assigning partners. She had hoped to get through it quickly by herself but it seemed she would be paired with the undead. Lot of good first aid would do him, he's already dead! In any case, she put on a smile as he started talking to her. At least she could make him do all the work. "I don't have a lot of experience with it, no. But I'd like to learn." Her voice was sweet sounding, and had a musical quality to it. Just about then, the teacher came around again and told them they would be dealing with hypothermia. "Hypothermia. Great." Zi didn't really like the extreme cold nor the extreme heat. Whatever was the ideal conditions for plants to grow in was the ideal conditions for her.  
robot kitten rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm
Hypothermia, he thought with a sinking feeling. Something that was natural for his kind was... dangerous to others. Well... Guess we shall see how to deal with it!

"Me neither... I was hoping to deal with.. broken bones, cuts.. bruises.. Something I could use on my mini's. Don't think any of them have ever had.. Hypothermia." He said with a sigh as he squatted to look at the dummy. "Well... feeding them something hot would work right? Or...blankets?" He liked being chilled... heat was not good for him! He said as he looked through the box of supplies given to them.

result

12 rolled total: 7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!

Repeating 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.
Repeating 4s - You used too many supplies and that's wasteful! Naughty! Cricket might make you earn your supply rights back in a future class!

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Nilah44 rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm
"Hypothermia is a problem I guess. but one of the other ones would have been more useful to learn how to fix. Not that the teacher gave us much information on first aid anyway." She rolled her eyes and watched the other search through the box. It seemed he was content to do the work so she sat back in a chair and watched. "I'm Ziva by the way." She said with some sass. Why didn't he ask her name already? That was kind of rude wasn't it? "Food might work. It could also lead their stomach to freeze. Blankets would probably be best." She said in a matter of fact tone.

robot kitten

robot kitten rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 pm
Oh yeah, names, Kenta thought with a sigh. He'd been hoping to just get this done and over with and leave since his last female Reaper encounter ended with the two of them being closer to enemies than anything. Wasn't like he was gonna have a lot of classes with her... he seemed to not end up in classes with high Reaper attendance it seemed to him. But since she offered,...

"Kenta." He said, "And why would food make their stomachs freeze? Gotta... warm them from the inside out right? Better than outside in, faster too I bet." He piled on blankets around the core of the dummy and 'prepared' a soup.

The teacher came around and sniffed; he'd done a bit too much and didn't need all the blankets.
"Satisfactory, but you've used too much! Warm them up slowly or you may cause them to go into shock!"
Nilah44

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Nilah44 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm
Ziva smiled only because she knew she had to. So his name was Kenta was it? Good name for a pet she thought to herself. She snorted a little bit when he started asking about the food and freezing. "Food only stays warm for so long. If they have a lot of liquid in their stomach it can freeze! At least I think that's what happens in pets." She said with a little smirk.

As he prepared a 'soup' she took half of it away when the teacher came. Her partner got reprimanded for using too much stuff and then he looked to the food in her hands. "You have to give them enough food to survive! Or they might pass out!" Ziva frowned and put more of the 'food' down.

"Your next assignment is fixing a broken bone. Strip your dummy and start fresh."

A broken bone eh? How interesting. "Have you ever had to fix a broken bone?" She asked Kenta. Personally, she hadn't and she hoped she would never have to.  
robot kitten rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm
Kenta kept the smirk off his still fleshed part of his face; she shouldn't have tried to take away the food! And as for freezing in the stomach; ha! It was hot soup! Take longer for it to freeze than for it to help warm the person up.
Do I know anything about bones? He thought for a moment; he’d never broken one of his bones… and while his guardian was a Skeleton, he’d never really been taught how to mend a broken bone!
“I’ve never broken a bone… at least not since my death.” Before that he couldn’t say as he had no memories. “I know you need to splint it… give it support then… bandage it. At least that’s what a vet did when my mini broke a leg.” And if it worked on a mini, it ought to work on a person! Right? It was just bones after all…

Nilah44
Take your time, there's no rush on this!

Result

10 total 7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!
Repeating 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.

words: 637/800  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Nilah44 rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-8)

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm
ROLLINGG  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out