M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:36 pm
Introduction

Once upon a time, in a world of wonder not quite near yet not quite far, you met an unfortunate end. Your soul, for reasons known only to yourself, was damned to the realm of death and dreams. You would not still be here if some part of you didn't accept your death, or the circumstances involving it. Unfortunately, the dead are not made to linger - else their loneliness and mortal worries drive them to madness and strip them of what remains of their humanity. Your goal is clear. Come to terms with your death, so you might return to the mortal realm and properly reincarnate - or embrace your current identity and become a spirit world monster. This, naturally, is no easy feat. The world of dreams in which you find yourself is unstable, volatile, and heavilly influenced by the thoughts and feelings of its inhabitants. Your worst fears and insecurities will haunt you, eat you even if you allow them to.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:08 pm
Notes and Rules

Note that the world of death and dreams does not bend to the rules of reality. Instead, it is ruled by emotion and thought. If you believe in gravity and think yourself bound to the earth, for example, you will be. Negative emotions tend to physically hinder you in some way, whereas positive emotions will aid and protect you.

This is a fantasy setting, and although it was not stated in the introduction, this is not a modern or futuristic timeline. So, an adventurer or a peasant character might be acceptable - but an astronaut or outer space alien will not be.

I understand that this is set in a land of dreams and spirits, but please refrain from godmodding. As a fledgling to the spirit realm, your character will initially have little sway of the realm beyond their self. This might change as things go along and your character becomes more in-tune with their emotions and personal truths, but as a general rule - your rights and powers end where another's begins.

The closer your character is to reincarnation and the human realm, the calmer and more peaceful they will generally be. They will let go of their worries and inhibitions, perhaps even their sense of self, as they prepare to reenter the mortal realm. As a result, the realm of death and dreams will hold little sway over them and their beings. Similarly, they will be incapable of changing the dreamlike world around them.

The closer your character is to becoming a permanent inhabitant of the realm of death and dreams, the more emotional and passionate they will become. They will have a stronger sense of self and identity with the possible, and plausible, cost of their sanity - as mortal minds were not made to linger. They will either completely lose their worries and inhibitions - becoming hedonistic and free spirited beings, or they will be ruled by them and bound to their past.

~*~

Use the profile template provided below when creating your characters. They must be sent to M3Gnificent via private messaging. You may entitle it as you please, as no required titles or smileys will prove that you properly read the rules.

If you send in a profile and prove to be a one-post-wonder, or don't post at all, you will be sent one warning message within a week. If I get no response, your profile will be removed - and if you posted once or twise - you will be written out. Now, if you had an active role and regularly posted only to vanish - you will simply be written out if you hold things up until you return.

If you are honestly, genuinely offended by someone else's character insulting or disrespecting your character in roleplay and take it as a personal attack, you are a big baby and shouldn't be ******** roleplaying in the first place. Grow up and come back when you can tell the difference between roleplaying and reality, a*****e.

That said, there is no reason to disrespect one another in OOC. If you have a problem with someone, please take it to the PMs and talk it out - or anywhere out of thread, really. If the dispute cannot be handled peacefully, come to me and I will handle things as I see fit.

My word is law. What I say goes, as it is my thread. However, I am not cruel, and chances are low that I will take advantage of this.

I retain the right to edit, add, or remove rules and/or content as I see fit.

Non-humans, such as elves or dwarves, are A-OK. Non-humans, such as traditional dragons or mindflayers, are not. As a general rule, the more in-tune with the realm of death and dreams you are, the more inhuman you will look.

Blah blah blah, keep in mind the ToS, blah blah blah.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:15 pm
Profile Template

[align=center][size=9]-Portrait Goes Here-
[color=??][b]Name:[/b][/color] [color=??]??[/color]
[color=??][b]Sex and Gender:[/b][/color] [color=??]??[/color]
[color=??][b]Died At:[/b][/color] [color=??]Age at Death[/color]
[color=??][b]Manner of Death:[/b][/color] [color=??]??[/color]
[color=??][b]History:[/b][/color] [color=??]Minimum of five sentences.[/color][/size][/align]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:20 pm
Dreamers, Fledglings, Oh My

User Image
Name: Sanctuary
Sex and Gender: Female/Feminine
Died At: Late Twenties
Manner of Death: Poisoning/Suicide
History: Sanctuary was once a human woman, but like many before her, she ultimately could not rid herself of her mortal ties and became a permanent resident of the realm. She looks akin to a marble statue built within the hollow of a tree, with the sole exception of her head - which looks akin to that of an ordinary human. She is a relatively benign spirit, as she offers a safe - if small - haven for fledglings who are willing to keep her company. For an immobile spirit, she is an immensely social and curious creature. Some would say that her curiousity borders on nosiness. Of course, she is usually unwilling or unable to answer many questions about herself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name:Nemy (Derived from the Czech term " němý " which translates to 'Voiceless')
Sex and Gender: Female
Died At: 19
Manner of Death: Suicide
History: Nemy was never one to speak up, use her voice, when she was alive in the mortal world. She kept her mouth closed, no matter the circumstances that unfolded around her. When she was 18, she and a group of 'friends' went to a pier that overlooked a bay, simply to hang out as usual teenagers would do. Of course, alcohol was involved, but Nemy barely touched it, trying her best to retain her sanity and refrain from poisoning her body. A couple of the guys got a little rowdy, and Nemy's best friend, Sandy, stood, in a drunken stupor, between them, flashing a cheesy grin soaked in vodka and beer. Nemy smiled, laughed, played along. Until Sandy was accidentally shoved into the water. As sad as it was, Nemy was the only one out of the group who knew how to swim, and when Sandy didn't surface, because what they didn't see was that she banged her head against the pier and fell unconscious, Nemy should have dove in to save her, should of told the others she knew how to swim. But she didn't. And Sandy drowned. The group kept the accident hushed, kept out the part of her being shoved into the water. Nemy kept it hushed too, haunted by her own guilt and voices gnawing at her ear, ridiculing her of letting her best friend die. A few weeks after her 19th birthday, on the day that wouldv'e been Sandy's 20th birthday, Nemy allowed herself to bleed dry in her bathtub, unable to continue on knowing that she essentially murdered her best friend. In this land of the dead, Nemy walks without a voice, since she never used hers in life. And she is damned to the water, unable to leave a body of water that resembles the bay Sandy drowned in, since she never was able to forgive herself for that horrible day. She relives her mortal pain in the afterlife, always seen just floating in the bay, sometimes swimming, sometimes sitting upon a rock a couple yards away from the shore. She refrains from any social activity, she can't talk.. nor does she wish too. She is extremely antisocial, and usually just observes the other damned creatures. Nemy has no idea what to do, what to think of herself, what to allow herself to become. A part of her aches for some kind of companionship again, but the other part longs for the eternal punishment she believes she justly deserves.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items