Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Christmas Cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:34 am
During the holidays it's always fun to take themed pictures. I haven't taken them this year yet, but am going to in the next week. Do you have any fun pictures of your cosplays? How do you modify your cosplay to participate in the holiday spirit?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:17 am
The only themed photos that I have taken for the holidays have been family gathering photos. A lot of people these days use a lot of apps and photo websites to make holiday photos to send to people either in "Snail Mail" or over the internet. As for modifying my cosplay outfits for the holidays that's something that I have never done before. I have seen other Cosplayers do it on the internet. Sometime I will have to take Cosplay Photos of some of these special cosplays. You can give us some examples of what you have done. smile

Last year I did have a commission done where I had a Chibi Mars dressed up for the Christmas Holiday. My friend drew a photo of a Chibi Sailor Mars wearing a Santa hat and sitting on a large candy cane. The drawing also has a sprig of holly in it. The drawing turned out awesome and a print of it is hanging on my wall. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 pm
I've been looking for those pictures, but when my computer died this year (on Halloween), I lost a lot of files, and I think those might be among them.

HOWEVER, this Sunday we're going all-out Christmas, so I'll be sure to post pictures from that!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:37 pm
smithers456

Wow! It's been a busy week! I'm just now sitting down to process files!

This past Sunday my friends and I attended Winter SacCon in decked-out Christmas Cosplays! It had been a while since we had gotten together, so we all had a blast! This con was special, too, because my mom came with us! She's been wanting to see what this whole cosplay-convention thing was all about, so she borrowed my Jurassic Park docent cosplay, Christmas-ified it, and joined in the shenanigans!

My friend, Fishie, and I went as Sting and Rogue from Fairy Tail....

User Image
User Image

And were joined by a Christmas-in-Jurassic Park Docent, Tohru from Fruits Basket, Denmark from Scandinavia and the World, and Hiro from Big Hero 6.

A week earlier I was stuck in traffic in the big California winter storm, and ended up writing a Fairy Tail version of the 12 Days of Christmas and an accompanying skit. I ran it past Fishie, and we performed it and won "Best Performance" in the masquerade!
User Image

And here's the video. Excuse my poor singing. I did a grand job of cracking my voice right before hand, and was unable to get in key.  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 am
xinitia
smithers456

Wow! It's been a busy week! I'm just now sitting down to process files!

This past Sunday my friends and I attended Winter SacCon in decked-out Christmas Cosplays! It had been a while since we had gotten together, so we all had a blast! This con was special, too, because my mom came with us! She's been wanting to see what this whole cosplay-convention thing was all about, so she borrowed my Jurassic Park docent cosplay, Christmas-ified it, and joined in the shenanigans!

My friend, Fishie, and I went as Sting and Rogue from Fairy Tail....

User Image
User Image

And were joined by a Christmas-in-Jurassic Park Docent, Tohru from Fruits Basket, Denmark from Scandinavia and the World, and Hiro from Big Hero 6.

A week earlier I was stuck in traffic in the big California winter storm, and ended up writing a Fairy Tail version of the 12 Days of Christmas and an accompanying skit. I ran it past Fishie, and we performed it and won "Best Performance" in the masquerade!
User Image

And here's the video. Excuse my poor singing. I did a grand job of cracking my voice right before hand, and was unable to get in key.

Xinitia, you got my interest with a Jurassic Park and a Fruits Basket cosplay. Wow, you had to have had a great time with that. Congrats on the skit award. smile How in the world did you get your Mom to go to a convention? I can't even get my wife to go.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 am
smithers456

Xinitia, you got my interest with a Jurassic Park and a Fruits Basket cosplay. Wow, you had to have had a great time with that. Congrats on the skit award. smile How in the world did you get your Mom to go to a convention? I can't even get my wife to go.

Mom taught me to sew when I was younger, and I still call her to ask for advice on some of my more... complicated cosplays now. As such, she was always interested in the cosplays and this anime and manga stuff I read. She recently had more time on her hands and read a few of my volumes, and decided to see what the convention thing was all about. She even had me do scar make up on her!

I may be a bit bias, but my mom is pretty cool. She's trying to get my dad to join us next time. We'll see what happens.  

xinitia

Crew

-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces