Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ MANGA
shoujo remondations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Parvatii Patil-

Obsessive Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 am
Hey guys, I was hoping you'd be able to help me out and recommend me some manga. I'm on a shoujo kick, but I can't find anything I want to read. A few of my favorite manga are Fruits Basket, Ao Haru Ride, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another,Hidamari ga Kikoeru, and Orange. If you could leave a short discription about the manga that would be rad! Thanks guys!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:19 am
-Parvatii Patil-
Hey guys, I was hoping you'd be able to help me out and recommend me some manga. I'm on a shoujo kick, but I can't find anything I want to read. A few of my favorite manga are Fruits Basket, Ao Haru Ride, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another,Hidamari ga Kikoeru, and Orange. If you could leave a short discription about the manga that would be rad! Thanks guys!

Faster than a kiss heart
Sora log
Dengaki Daisy heart
Kami sama kiss (anime / manga) heart
Five heart
Love so life heart
Cherry Juice

Say i love you ( anime / manga)
student wink
Kaichou wa maid sama ( anime / manga)
love barrish
giri koi
my little monster (anime / manga)

if u need more recommendations just ask for now these are the ones i can think of...  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

-Parvatii Patil-

Obsessive Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm
nena_sakura

Thanks for the recommendations!
I've watched Say I love you and I can't say I was super impressed with it.
I tried watching little monster and couldn't get into it for whatever reason.
I started reading Dengaki Daisy a while back, and couldn't really get into it. However the whole mystery with Daisy is really interesting and I want to go back to it eventually. Anyways thanks again for the list!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 pm
Ore Monogatari!!- (Couldn't find a good description of this one so I'll just try my best at describing this one myself.) The main character, Takeo, huge kind of gorilla-looking guy who isn't very popular with the ladies. All of the girls he's had a crush on end up falling for his best friend, Suna, instead. Then one day he saves a girl from being molested on the train and things begin to change for Takeo.

Chihayafuru-Ayase Chihaya is a cheerful tomboy without any ambitious aspirations in life. At school one day, she meets a boy named Wataya Arata who is an outcast at school. Feeling pity despite peer pressure, Chihaya befriends Arata as he reveals to her his aptitude in karuta which institutes Chihaya's dream to become a karuta queen.

Akatsuki no Yona-Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-won, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red.

But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters when her father is murdered. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on. (Modified the description so it isn't so spoilery)

Honey & Clover- Takemoto lives in a run down student apartment, where his greatest worry is when he'll next be able to afford to eat meat and whether he'll get to class on time. Although he's away from home and living on his own, Takemoto is far from finished growing up. Along with his crazy cast of friends, Morita, Mayama, Yamada, and Hagumi, Takemoto sets out to discover life and his true self.

Mars- Kira, a shy high school student, lives only for her art. Rei, An arrogant, rebellious and violent playboy, wears his delinquency like a badge of honor. They are exact opposites in every way, but when Kira sees Rei kissing a statue of Mars, she overcomes her fears and asks him to model for her. And, to everyone's surprise, Rei agrees.

Kare Kano- Yukino Miyazawa is the perfect model student. Pretty, kind, good at sports, always at the top of her class. But she's not all that she seems. It's all an act of deception; she is really the self-confessed 'queen of vanity,' and her only goal in life is winning the praise and admiration of everyone around her.

When she enters high school, she finally meets her match: Souichirou Arima, a handsome, athletic, popular, and very intelligent young boy. Ever since he stole the top seat in the class from her, Yukino has hated him, and has been plotting on how to take back her former place as the object of all other students' admiration.

What she wasn't expecting, however, was that Souichirou, the very boy she hated, would confess his love for her. Or that he would find out about her deception - and use it to blackmail her!

Together, they discover that they have more in common than they knew, and they slowly begin to bring out each other's inner selves.

Kamisama Kiss-Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has all kind of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's...actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do? (Also, the atmosphere of this one reminds me a bit of Fruits Basket)

Koe No Katachi- (not actually shoujo, but you should give it a try anyways) Ishida Shouya bullies a deaf girl, Nishimiya Shouko, to the point that she drops out of school. As a result, he is ostracized and bullied himself with no friends to speak of and no plans for the future.

This is the story of his path to redemption.

Also, even if you didn't like the anime, you might still want to try the manga of Say I love you. Honestly, the anime adaption wasn't very good. From what I remember they changed the pacing of the story quite a bit by switching around the timeline. And Mei's characterization was also super off...Like, she came off as a lot less passive in the manga than the anime, or at least grew out of it quicker.  

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

-Parvatii Patil-

Obsessive Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 am
Winniwyn

Thanks for the list. I for sure will check some of these out. I actually just got done reading Koe No Katachi. It was really good, and I'm kind of glad there wasn't any actual romance in it.

I may give say I love you a chance, though I highly doubt I will. Which is probably unfair of me, but here I am.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:58 am
-Parvatii Patil-
Winniwyn

Thanks for the list. I for sure will check some of these out. I actually just got done reading Koe No Katachi. It was really good, and I'm kind of glad there wasn't any actual romance in it.

I may give say I love you a chance, though I highly doubt I will. Which is probably unfair of me, but here I am.

Nah, I think its totally understandable if you don't wanna give it another shot, I've done the same thing before myself. I just thought I'd let you know just in case.

Have you heard that Koe no Katachi is getting an animated movie? I'm excited for it. I kind of agree with you about the romance, because the character growth was more important and adding in a romance plot line would have muddled the message of the story I think. I liked the little hints to it here and there, Shouko's crush is adorable, but it definitely didn't need a full blown romance.

Though, I have to say, I do at least wish Ishida hadn't stayed so oblivious to Shouko's feelings (and his own as well) to the very end. They could have at least thrown the audience a bone in the last chapter. Like, I don't even care if they ever got together, I just wanted him to KNOW, to figure it out.  

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:04 am
Oh, there's also Orange...Y'know, if you wanna feel like you just got punched in the gut. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:38 pm
Fruits Basket and Orange bring on too many feels crying
So based on that, try out:
Gakuen Babysitters: It's 'bout this cute orphaned guy who takes care of his baby brother and these other kids in the kindergarden at his high school. It's very very cute. Not sure if it's more than episodic, but there's some character development.
Love so Life: Brings on feels as well, 'bout cute high school girl who takes care of these twins, who have the same name as the twins in Romantica Clock (which is also a cute shoujo manga - about twins... family love and stuff).
Taiyou no ie: scans are completed, about Mao who has problems at home (has a strained relationship with her dad due to parents divorce, and feels awkward with the remarriage) so she moves in with her childhood friend who also has a broken home (parents passed away and his siblings were taken in with other relatives - he's trying to "rebuild" his home). Romance, friendship, family - superb development. And FEELS
Natsume Yuujinchou: about Natsume (male protag) who can see ayakashi (demons and stuff). Kind of starts off episodic, now the plot is rolling. Has an anime, but kind of slow (for me) so I'd stick with the manga. LOTS OF FEELS

BTW they're all feel good heartwarming shoujos... I'm so sorry if list is long, there's A LOT of really well-written shoujo manga XD  

haine22

Player

Izatora

Devoted Werewolf

11,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:18 pm
-Parvatii Patil-

Fresh new one! for Shoujo manga, try:
1.Destruction Flag Noble Girl Villainess
Synopsis:I recovered my past memories when my head was hit by a rock.I am Katarina Claes, the eight year old daughter of a duke.Whilst embroiled in a feverish nightmare, in which the prince’s fiancee was determined, I have realized that this world is an otome game from my previous life.Also, I have turned into the villainess who interfered with the romance of the capture targets…If the heroine got a happy end, I would be exiled, but if she got a bad end, I would be killed by the capture target…I have no happy end?! Why is it all bad?!Somehow I have to avoid the destruction end, and reach old age peacefully!!!
2.The errand boy and the banchou in love
Synopsis:Unoki-kun, a boy who's been bullied since elementary school, ends up becoming the exclusive errand boy of the top delinquent of his school, Toramaru-san, who told him "Be mine" right after entering high school. But the truth is that Toramaru-san meant it as a confession of love!! This is the beginning of a love misunderstanding between Toramaru-san who thinks she's in a relationship and the beta Unoki who think he's being bullied.  
✩ MANGA

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games