Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Role Playing Society

Back to Guilds

A Role Playing Guild focused around a city with different types of people and races. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Love, Town, City 

Reply Other Roleplays (1x1 and 1x2)
Across the Seas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cutie_maddy111

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxx] Αςɾoȿȿ Tɧε Ϩεaȿ

xxxxxxx]Set in the the feudal times of Japan, the idea of the west mixing with the east just became current. As a way to get the Japanese to trust them, England sent an ambassador over to discuss treaties and trades. The man they sent over was a greedy governor who simply wanted more power. He is demanding over anything and everything and possessive over things that are his. Along with his crew he also brought over his fiancee. Unlike him his fiancee was kind and came over to learn more about the new culture. Back in England she was poor but was the most beautiful girl around. The governor made her his fiancee by offering her family a large amount of gold and land. Out of obligation she agreed to his marriage.

xxxxxxx]When in Japan, all the Japanese treated the foreigners with respect; however, there were still many who opposed the idea of assimilation. Because of the threat of those who opposed their presence, a body guard was given to both the governor and his fiancee. The bodyguard assigned to the fiancee was a young samurai. When the two met it was love at first sight, and as the two got to know each other they fell deeper and deeper in love with one another. However the governor is not very kind with sharing or giving up his possessions. The girl also cannot leave the man for her family's well being depended on the money he provided them. Adultery at that time was also considered a crime and the punishment was brutal. What will the two do? Will they find a way to make this work or will everything come crumbling down?

xxxxxxx]The story will start the day the ship landed on the shores of Japan and the two met for the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 pm
User Image
User Image
ᏗᏝᎥҫᏋ ᏒσȿᏋ ᏕᎷᎥᏖᏂ
User Image

Name: Alice Rose Smith

Bio: Alice was born into a poor farming family. She is the third child out of seven children. When she was at the age of ten there was a widespread famine causing her and her family to lose the farm. She has two older brothers, three younger sisters, and one younger brother. After the famine the family relocated to the city hoping to find jobs.

In the city her father, mother, and two older brothers took jobs at various places causing her to care for her four little siblings taking in other children as a job. When she wasn't caring the children she often found herself sneaking into schools or going to the public library. For some reason she always had a love for knowledge and a curiosity for the world. Her dream was to become a teacher, but due to her family's economic situation she could not afford the education to prove her credentials. As she continued to grow older she became more and more beautiful.

Three years after moving to the city, when she was the age of eleven her brother died in a factory accident, causing her and her family to be devastated. The death of her brother put more of a strain in their economical situation. Because they lost a source of income Alice was sent to work as a maid for the old governor. The old man was kind to her and paid her a good amount of money, but he was dying. The bliss of having a good employer ended when the old man's son came back and the old man died. The son, the new governor, had set his eyes on her since day one and after three years gave her the deal of a lifetime. If she agreed to marry him then he would help her care for her family, economically. Even though she did not love him, nor like him, she took the deal for the sake of her family. She was to wed him the day she turned eighteen.

One day a royal messenger came to the household of the governor offering him a position as a diplomat in the nation of Japan. Out of greed the governor took the deal and took Alice with him, separating her from her family. Because she wanted her family to be well taken care of she followed him to Japan hoping to one day return to her beloved family.

Personality: Alice is very filial and would do anything for her family. She is kind and sweet to everyone around her. Being born as a poor girl she had become accustomed to letting go of her pride and conforming to the orders of everyone. Alice possesses a natural curiosity for the world and loves to travel and explore. Although she is sad to leave her family she is also excited to see Japan hoping that it would be an eye-opening trip.

Hobbies: Alice loves to sing, dance, paint, and read. During the times, though few, where she was let out to roam, she explored the town and the surrounding woods.

cutie_maddy111

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:29 pm
Name: Akimoto Kooji

Biography: Akimoto comes from a shamed family attempting to redeem himself in the eyes of his homeland. Raised by a pauper family that had abandoned the Buddha and Shinto gods for the Missionary's promise of paradise under the Lord Christ he was often ridiculed by the noble children. When his parents were killed by traditionalists, the lord of his lands took him on to serve as an adoptive heir to the lands. He trained as a samurai despite the noble warriors becoming more and more outdated. When the British arrived Lord Kooji assigned his adopted son as the Bodyguard to the Ambassador wanting to display a Christian raised Samurai to help bolster political relations. Akimoto accepted his duties on behalf of his lord and despite the protests of the many groups that considered him no more than a filthy Gaijin.

He proved himself to the British even before his encounter with the ambassadors, when a bandit camp attacked a caravan of Imperial goods he was there to deliver swift justice with blade and banner raised high. Single handedly slaying 30 armed men was what brought the British eye to him but saving an ambassadors fiance won the Empires heart and their favor for his Lord and thus when the family was moved to the islands permanently Akimoto was gladly accepted as protective detail.

Personality: Loyal and dedicated to a fault, never questioning an order once given and excelling in even the most trivial tasks to honor his Lord. His will is strong but not infallible and his optimism for the future often clouds his judgement.

Hobbies: Most of his time is devoted to his duties as Samurai but he has learned many noble arts which he practices daily to hone his mind and body. He has made efforts to learn English letters and speech to further his education and aid in his duties, making small steps into ballroom dance aswell.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm
Iodine-ZAP

Can you provide a picture?  

cutie_maddy111

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 pm
cutie_maddy111
Iodine-ZAP

Can you provide a picture?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the best i can do but ill be describing him with different outfits.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:02 am
User Image
User Image
ᏗᏝᎥҫᏋ ᏒσȿᏋ ᏕᎷᎥᏖᏂ
User Image

They had been at sea for what seems like years, although in reality it was a five months. Everyday had become a routine staring into the vast open sea with nothing in sight, it seemed as though they were stuck on sea together. That morning Alice woke up with the sun shining on her eyes. She got dressed in a pink dress with gold embellishing. The pink dress had a sweetheart neck line then a sheer long sleeve overlay with gold lace embellishment. She brushed her long brown wavy hair then walked out of her room. These dresses, this lifestyle, it was something that she will never get used to. She looked out into the horizon and she can see land in the distant. She found it quite funny that it was just yesterday night when there seemed like there was nothing out there. Her fiancee came up and stood next to her. "We're landing today, so go get your stuff packed....my love" he said to her as he pulled her face to him and kissed her on his forehead. It was times like these where she truly regretting taking his offer, but the welfare for her family mattered more than anything so she dealt with it. Looking down she nodded and said "Yes... my love" she said to him her voice quieting a little when she said my love, for she was always hesitant when she said those two words. Love.... what does that even mean? Love was something that she truly believed that she could never find. She went back to her room and finished packing her stuff. In all honesty her stuff was already packed since she hated staying on this boat.

Around half an hour later the ship landed on the port. The first person down the ship was her fiancee, then she followed after him, behind her was the servants and workers carrying their baggage, the physical one of course. When they were down the ship they were greeted by Japanese government officials. With an accent they tried their best to speak to them in English. "Welcome to our nation of Japan, we are pleased yo have you guys here with us... now please follow us, we will show you to your home and your body guards." The English diplomats nodded and followed them onto a cart that was then dragged by men. As the men pulled them through the streets, Alice's eyes were full of light and curiosity. She hated being away from her family but she loved seeing a new culture. Ever since word came of this nation, Alice had been fascinated with everything about it.

They stopped in front of a giant door and around it were giant white walls. Inside the walls was a beautiful garden then there was a giant beautiful Japanese style building in the middle. When they got to the building they were all given time to look at their room. Alice and her fiancee, Edward, got to sleep in the main house while the workers and other officials slept in various buildings spread throughout the land. Alice was happy about the fact that she got her own room, for she was not ready to sleep with Edward yet. She was not ready, in fact she felt as if she would never be ready, but they were to be wed in a month or two. After she got settled a maid came and told her to meet everyone else in the main room. Alice nodded and she went to the main room. There were now more Japanese men, but the one who caught her eye was a dark haired man standing there. The man may or may not have been there before she did not know of that, but she suddenly became aware of his presence. His hair covered one of his eyes and he was holding a sword. Everything about that man maid Alice curious of who he was. The government official from before came up to her and lead her to the mysterious man. "Miss Alice this is Akimoto Kooji, he is to protect you at all times... now please you two should go out and get to know one another.... we should not bore you with such boring discussions."

Alice nodded. "Hello Mister Akimoto... I am Alice.... I will meet you at the door I must tell Edward of me leaving" she said then went to bid Edward adieu. Edward once again gave her a kiss on her forward which made her flinch, then she went around and went to the door.

Iodine-ZAP

cutie_maddy111

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:33 am
cutie_maddy111
User Image
User Image
ᏗᏝᎥҫᏋ ᏒσȿᏋ ᏕᎷᎥᏖᏂ
User Image

They had been at sea for what seems like years, although in reality it was a five months. Everyday had become a routine staring into the vast open sea with nothing in sight, it seemed as though they were stuck on sea together. That morning Alice woke up with the sun shining on her eyes. She got dressed in a pink dress with gold embellishing. The pink dress had a sweetheart neck line then a sheer long sleeve overlay with gold lace embellishment. She brushed her long brown wavy hair then walked out of her room. These dresses, this lifestyle, it was something that she will never get used to. She looked out into the horizon and she can see land in the distant. She found it quite funny that it was just yesterday night when there seemed like there was nothing out there. Her fiancee came up and stood next to her. "We're landing today, so go get your stuff packed....my love" he said to her as he pulled her face to him and kissed her on his forehead. It was times like these where she truly regretting taking his offer, but the welfare for her family mattered more than anything so she dealt with it. Looking down she nodded and said "Yes... my love" she said to him her voice quieting a little when she said my love, for she was always hesitant when she said those two words. Love.... what does that even mean? Love was something that she truly believed that she could never find. She went back to her room and finished packing her stuff. In all honesty her stuff was already packed since she hated staying on this boat.

Around half an hour later the ship landed on the port. The first person down the ship was her fiancee, then she followed after him, behind her was the servants and workers carrying their baggage, the physical one of course. When they were down the ship they were greeted by Japanese government officials. With an accent they tried their best to speak to them in English. "Welcome to our nation of Japan, we are pleased yo have you guys here with us... now please follow us, we will show you to your home and your body guards." The English diplomats nodded and followed them onto a cart that was then dragged by men. As the men pulled them through the streets, Alice's eyes were full of light and curiosity. She hated being away from her family but she loved seeing a new culture. Ever since word came of this nation, Alice had been fascinated with everything about it.

They stopped in front of a giant door and around it were giant white walls. Inside the walls was a beautiful garden then there was a giant beautiful Japanese style building in the middle. When they got to the building they were all given time to look at their room. Alice and her fiancee, Edward, got to sleep in the main house while the workers and other officials slept in various buildings spread throughout the land. Alice was happy about the fact that she got her own room, for she was not ready to sleep with Edward yet. She was not ready, in fact she felt as if she would never be ready, but they were to be wed in a month or two. After she got settled a maid came and told her to meet everyone else in the main room. Alice nodded and she went to the main room. There were now more Japanese men, but the one who caught her eye was a dark haired man standing there. The man may or may not have been there before she did not know of that, but she suddenly became aware of his presence. His hair covered one of his eyes and he was holding a sword. Everything about that man maid Alice curious of who he was. The government official from before came up to her and lead her to the mysterious man. "Miss Alice this is Akimoto Kooji, he is to protect you at all times... now please you two should go out and get to know one another.... we should not bore you with such boring discussions."

Alice nodded. "Hello Mister Akimoto... I am Alice.... I will meet you at the door I must tell Edward of me leaving" she said then went to bid Edward adieu. Edward once again gave her a kiss on her forward which made her flinch, then she went around and went to the door.

Iodine-ZAP

Akimoto stood attention as the Ambassadors convoy was lead into the palace and the diplomats began to introduce the family to the gardens and suites. He stood making his expression as calm and flat as the mirror sheen on his blade, but as he watched his eye caught the radiant beauty of the woman introduced to him as Rose. Their eyes met and he lingered before turning his eyes forward looking through the black curtain of hair that covered the gruesome scar of his mission against Rebels. As the diplomat came to him with Rose he bowed to her understanding the mans words and nodding in agreement"My blade is yours Ouji-Sama" she spoke heavily accented but clear enough to understand. He watched as Rose was embraced by her Fiance and was confused as to why she seemed so ill at ease with him, he said nothing until she came to the door and opened the panels for her "Do you have anything you desire to see Roso-sama" he asks her  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm
Iodine-ZAP
Can you change the color for your quotes? They kinda hurt my eyes >.<

Rose smiled at him. "Please, just call me Rose" she said to him. She didn't understand Japanese nor did she truly understand the customs here. All she knew was what some past travelers said, which wasn't much. "Umm I'm not sure of where to go... do you have anywhere that is very interesting or beautiful?" she asked the man as she began to walk. When they were outside on the streets many people gave her glares of different sorts, from hatred, from fear, or from curiosity. It seemed weird and uncomfortable but she didn't mind as much as she should, five months on a boat with a group of men changed the way a woman felt about being looked at.  

cutie_maddy111

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:12 pm
cutie_maddy111
Iodine-ZAP
Can you change the color for your quotes? They kinda hurt my eyes >.<

Rose smiled at him. "Please, just call me Rose" she said to him. She didn't understand Japanese nor did she truly understand the customs here. All she knew was what some past travelers said, which wasn't much. "Umm I'm not sure of where to go... do you have anywhere that is very interesting or beautiful?" she asked the man as she began to walk. When they were outside on the streets many people gave her glares of different sorts, from hatred, from fear, or from curiosity. It seemed weird and uncomfortable but she didn't mind as much as she should, five months on a boat with a group of men changed the way a woman felt about being looked at.

He led her about the streets the peasantry giving him and her a wide birth "Ouji-sama, it is not my place to be so Familiar with you, i am a humble servant, to answer you i must say that my favorite location is the Temple by the river, the cherry blossoms bloom beautifully and their petals drift like a fleet of ships down the river" he told her softly smiling as he thought of it. It was the first place to accept his beliefs when he came here, the priest helping him cope with the loss of his parents, it is often where he would find peace after grueling training from unforgiving masters. He took his crucifix in hand as he walked holding the delicate wooden symbol with care.  
Other Roleplays (1x1 and 1x2)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games