Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime RPG's
Search For Princess Sakura - Tsubasa Relelations Chronicles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 pm
Hello Everyone,

This is a short story called "Dimensional Quill". I submitted it in a contest in "The Nerd Guide" Guild

The Following Reply's are similar to RPG writing. So keep that in mind. Also it breaks the story up into sections that make it easier to read. I hope that everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Btw it took me several weeks to write this short story. Below is an abbreviated set of rules that I had to follow to write my short story. It was a true challenge to write my Contest entry.

A WRITERS WOES - a short story competition

The Writers Block. Enemy of all writers and cousin to the Artist Block. It causes us all grief and its so hard to escape its' clutches when it has a hold of you. So I think its about time we show that block whos boss.

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?

Write a short story as yourself as the protagonist dealing with writers block in a unique, interesting or comedic way. The most imaginative and well written story will be the winner.

Note: This Short Story is now going to be the Beginning of a Tsubasa Revelations Chronicles - Dramatis Personae Entry Called " Search For Princess Sakura. The first 7 Acts are already done. The Tsubasa Revelations Chronicles Entry will Start with Act 8.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 pm
Dimensional Quill

Note: The main characters in this story are from the Anime series Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and xxxholic. I’m making use of the main plot from the Tsubasa series. This story line is original and of my own making. The story has 7 Acts and it will take a while to read it all. I'm personally a character in this story and I use my real name - "Ron" (Ron Cauvin). Please do not re post this story anywhere without my permission. Enjoy. smile

Act. 1 - Arrival

Looking down the assembly line I notice that the last part of the day had been put together and packed. Time to go home. Then I look down at my notes and frustration brews again ready to blow. Getting mad at myself I wonder if I will ever get a title for my new book, let alone start to write it. Every day I push parts down the line and wait for inspiration to find me. People look at me strange wondering what’s wrong. I snap at them and say it’s nothing. I wonder, what will it take for me to get inspiration to write my new book.

After a boring drive home I eat a little bit and then go my computer. Sitting down in front of the computer I look around the room and sigh. Trying to calm down I look around again seeing if something in the room will inspire me. I see my collection of Anime DVD’s and Manga books sitting in my book case. Then I see the many plushies that I have collected when I went to conventions in the past. I know that if I went to another convention that I would get plenty of new ideas from just being in that magical atmosphere. I then turn on the computer and stare at the blank screen for a moment. Just above a whisper I say that I wish for the inspiration and the ability to write a new book. When nothing happens I put my head down on the keyboard in shame and close my eyes.

I suddenly hear a strangely familiar voice speak, “I can help you with that wish”. I lift up my head in surprise and look around the room and say, “Who said that?” I see a quick movement in the corner of my eye and look to the left at a chair full of plushies. One of my most cherished plushies smiles even more and turns to look at me. I jump up and almost swear. “Mokona, did you just move and speak?” With a little chuckle the white bunny looking Plushie with a red jewel on her head said, “Yes Ron I did just speak to you.” I sit back down in disbelief.

Then Mokona jumps into my lap and looks up expectantly, “Well, do you want your wish to come true?” Shaking my head in disbelief I respond, “Mokona how can you grant my wish. First of all you are just a plushie and second you are just part of a strange daydream that I’m having.” It didn’t seem possible but Mokona smiled even more. “I can take you somewhere where all dreams and wishes are possible for a price.” Not hearing the price part I laughed and said, “Mokona how can you take me anywhere. You’re just a plushie from one of my favorite Anime series.”

Taking it as a challenge Mokona jumps up into the air and in amazement I suddenly see a glowing circle forming in the middle of the room. Then strange symbols and lines form in the circle and the entire thing glows yellow with an eerie energy crackling from it. Being a scientist and curious about everything I get up and walk to the edge of the circle. I look up at my plushie who seems to be very much alive, floating in the air, and looking back down at me. Shaking my head again I tell her that none of this is possible and that this circle on the floor is only something that I have seen on a TV show.

Looking serious and a little hurt Mokona says, “Don’t you trust me?” I honestly respond, “Mokona, how can I trust you or a situation that can’t possibly be real?” Mokona smiles a little and then says, “Ron, why don’t you take a chance. I know that you’re curious.” I laugh and say, “Why not. What’s the worse thing that can happen. Maybe I can finally get the inspiration that I need for my story in this trip.” I then take two steps into the magic circle and I hear Mokona say, “Here we go!!”

A whirlwind of blue energy surrounds me like a curtain and then my living room vanishes. In the distance I hear my phone ringing and for some reason I realize that I won’t be able to answer it. Next the blue energy forms a tunnel and I find myself still standing and falling up at the same time. The air is sparling with yellow energy and Mokona appears at my side still floating in the air. She says, “This trip won’t take long.” I look at Mokona and just nod my head.

Suddenly the blue energy tunnel dissipates and fades like fog in late morning. Looking around myself in disbelief I see that I’m in a yard with a very old looking iron and brick fence around it. The sky is dark and cloudy and not far in front of me their is an impossibly old japanese styled building. The circle at my feet also fades away and I find myself holding Mokona in my arms.

I heard what sounded like two young girls cry out, “Mistress, we have a guest”. A middle aged strikingly beautiful japanese woman wearing a dark blue kimono with many golden dragons and other creatures on it comes to the front door. After she leaves the doorway Yuko smiles and starts walking up to me. “Yes, we do.” Yuko stops walking down the walkway just five feet from me and says, “Mr Cauvin, we have been expecting you and Mokona has brought you just in time for your journey.” I stare at Yuko in disbelief and say, “You look just like Yuko from the xxxHolic series and I prefer to be called Ron.”

Yuko smirks a little and then smiles, “Ok Ron it is then.” She then looks at Mokona, “Mokona, Ron has a wish that he wants to be fulfilled, isn’t that right?” Mokona looks up at me and says, “Go ahead and tell Yuko your wish.” Still thinking that the whole thing is a dream I say to Yuko, “I wish that I can be inspired to come up with and write a brand new book.” Yuko replies, “Ron, your wish can be granted for a price.” With a serious and knowing look I say, “What is your price?” Yuko looks at Mokona first and then answers, “Mokona has told me that one of my group of travelers needs someone of your abilities to complete part of their quest. During that journey you will get the answers that you seek. Do you accept the price?” Not knowing what I was getting myself in I tell her yes. Yuko responds, “Very well. Ron prepare yourself for the journey.”

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 pm
Dimensional Quill

Act. 2 - Preparation

Mokona suddenly jumps from my arms and lands on Yuko's shoulder. Yuko then turns around and starts to walk back to the doorway of her shop. She then speaks to the two young girls still standing quietly at the doorway, "Maru and Moro, please see to our guests needs." They both bow slightly and as they move aside to let Yuko enter the shop they respond, "Yes Mistress, we will see to our guests needs." Both girls dressed in frilly dresses, one in blue and the other in violet, walk over and each one takes ahold of my hands and starts leading me into the shop. They say, "Yes we will see to his needs." Then they giggle a little and all three of us enter the shop.

The girls then let go of my hands and bow slightly. In unison they say, "Watanuki, food for our guest." I look at the girls in disbelief as they motion for me to enter an inner room. As I walk into the room their is a Japanese style table with long benches on either side. It reminds me of a short legged picnic table. I sit down at the table and hear a grumbling coming from the kitchen. Watanuki says, "Maru and Moro why do I always have to prepare food for Yuko's guests?" Both girls giggle and say, "Mistress says to take care of our guest". Then they giggle, laugh, take each others hands, and run out of the room.

Still upset Watanuki walks into the dining room, waving his arms around in the air, and says, "Don't I do enough around here." Then he looks at me in horror and starts to apologize over and over and tries to compose himself. I smile and stand, "You must be Watanuki, I'm Ron Cauvin, nice to meet you." I extend my hand in greeting and after Watanuki shakes it he says, "I'm sorry for my rude manners. What can I get you." I shrug, "Anything that you have on hand will be fine. Though ramen shrimp sounds good if you have it. I haven't had any for a long time." Not expecting them to have ramen of any kind I'm surprised when Watanuki responds with a flourish, "Coming right up!" He then returns to the kitchen to prepare it.

Yuko and Mokona come out from behind a curtain in the back of the dining room and joined me as I sat back down. This time she is wearing a pink kimono with many white flowers on it. Yuko yells out, "Watanuki Sake on the double", then she smiles at me, "Mr Cauvin, what would you like to drink?" Thinking about it for a moment I say, "Tea, would be fine." Suddenly I hear what sounds like pans crashing to the ground and Watanuki grumbling again. Then I hear Maru and Moro laugh and say in unison, "Watanuki is making a mess!" Yuko sighs and watches as Watanuki stumbles into the dining room nearly spilling the tea and Sake on us.

Then I hear another voice, "Did I hear someone say Sake!". All of s sudden I feel something land on my shoulder and as I was going to brush it off I stopped and smiled, "Hi Mokona." A black Mokona jumped off of my shoulder onto the table. He looks me over and says, "I like this guy." Yuko grins, "Mokona this is our guest, Mr Cauvin, but he says that he prefers to be called Ron." Then she shouts out, "Watanuki, another Sake for Mokona." Watanuki comes out with the Sake and announces that dinner will be ready shortly.

A few minutes later we were eating dinner and when we finished I said, "That was the best Ramen that I have ever had." Watanuki smiles, bows, and says thank you Ron. Then Yuko says, "Now to business." I start out and ask, "Yuko you said that you can help me with my writers block problem by joining up with a group on a quest." She responds and says, "Yes, Mr Cauvin that's correct." Next I ask, "Can you tell me more about this group and what I'm suppose to do?"

Yuko takes on a serious look and says, "Mokona, please tell Mr Cauvin what Syaoran's groups quest is all about." I look up in amazement, "Mokona, is their a Princess Sakura in this group." My white Mokona smiles and says, "Yes, their is." Then Mokona continues, "Ron, Syaoran and his three companions are on a quest to find all of Princess Sakura's feathers. Each one of Sakura's feathers has in it a part of her soul and one of her memories. The current town that the group is in they are having trouble getting Sakura's feather. This feather they found out is in the possession of King Trimere and he is using it to write magical spells. After writing a spell with the feather, what ever is written happens in real life.”

I respond, “This sounds just like my favorite Anime show, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and I find it all hard to believe. Even if it’s true what am I suppose to do to help them out?” Mokona smiles again, “Syaoran asked me to find a master book writer to help them figure out how to out smart the King and get the feather. He feels that only a writer would know what to do.” I sigh, “Mokona how am I suppose to help Syaoran out when I can’t even come up with a title for my next book, let alone write it?” Yuko answered, “That’s why you need to go on this quest with them, because helping them out will help you out. As for what you need to do to help them you won’t know that until you get their. It’s getting late, sleep on it and give me your answer in the morning. Maru and Moro please show our guest to his room.” They respond in unison, “Show our guest to his room.”

After the girls left Mokona came into my room. I looked at her and said, “Mokona what am I going to do? The food tasted good and very real. This bed and the chairs in the dining room felt solid. My senses tell me that what’s happening right now is real but I still have doubts.” Mokona answered, “Ron, in the morning if you still have doubts about all of this I can take you back home and you can pretend that all of this was a dream. If you want to take a chance and go on an adventure with me I think that you will be able to get past your writing problems. Yuko, tends to be right about these things. See you in the morning.” I wish Mokona a good night and then I quickly fall asleep.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm
Dimensional Quill

Act. 3 - Greeting New Friends

A bright light enters the room and I smell eggs cooking nearby. My white Mokona jumps onto the bed and cheerfully wishes me a good morning. I rub my eyes and notice that the surroundings were the same as when I first went to sleep. Mokona looks up at me and says, "Ron, did you sleep well?" I answered, "Yes, Mokona I did." I stood up and looked at the room more closely taking in every detail. The room looked very old but in good condition and everything in it had a distinct Japanese cultural touch to it. I was fascinated by a painting on the wall that had a japanese garden on it. Looking down at myself I was still wearing the same jeans, sneakers, and slightly faded brown t-shirt that I had on the day before.

I hear Watanuki call out that breakfast was ready and then I was greeted by Maru & Moro who showed me into the dinning room. Then they bowed and left. As I sat down Watanuki walks into the room with tea and what looked like omelets. Yuko and the black Mokona joins me and my white Mokona at the table. Watanuki was about to say something but Yuko does a quick gesture to silence him. She greets me and then sits down to eat breakfast. While eating breakfast I take in all of the details of the dining room and finally decided that everything was real enough. I still wanted to be cautious but my curiousity was getting the better of me.

When the meal was finished Yuko gave me a serious look and said, “Mr Cauvin, have you decided what you want to do?” I look back at Yuko and responded, “Yes, Yuko I have decided to help out Syaorans group with their quest. I do have an important question though. When I help them get this feather will I be able to go home?” Yuko thinks about it for a moment and then answers, “Yes, Mr Cauvin Mokona will be able to get you back home assuming that your wish has been fullfilled. If your wish has not been fullfilled and your writers block is not gone you may have to continuing traveling with the group until it does. This is a risk that you must decide for yourself, because once Mokona and you join Syaorans group you are bound by this agreement and must see it through to it’s conclusion. Do you understand?”

I told Yuko that I understood everything that she said and indicated that I still wanted to join the quest. With that said everyone went out into the front yard where I was the day before. Yuko then told me, “Mr Cauvin if you have any questions or problems while you are helping Syaorans group out you can contact me through Mokona. Are you ready?” I indicated that I was and Mokona hopped up onto my shoulder and asks, “Ron are you sure that you want to go through with this?” I smile and respond, “Mokona, I have had writers block for many months now and I’ve tried everything to get past it. At this point I’m willing to try anything.”

My white Mokona leaps up into the air above me and 5 feet in front of me a yellow circle of crackling energy forms and lines and symbols appear on it as well. Mokona urges me to walk forward and I step into the circle. Then I hear Mokona say, “Here we go!!” Just like before a whirlwind of blue energy surrounds me like a curtain and I hear Yuko say, “Ron, good journey and good fortune.” Then I hear Mokona yell out, “Goodbye”, and we disappear in a flash of light. I find myself once again in a tunnel formed by swirling blue energy.

The air next to me starts to sparkle with yellw energy as before and Mokona appears. “Ron, get ready for the landing.” I was going to ask why and then all of a sudden I hit the ground hard and as I sit up the blue energy tunnel dissipates and fades away. I find myself in the middle of a vast forest with a campfire nearby. A moment later I find myself looking up at a samari warrior with his sword at the ready. Kurogane says, “Cream puff, it’s about time that you came back. I was getting impatient and you know that I need to get this quest over with so that I can go back home.” Kurogane looks me over and decides that I was harmless and reaches down to help me up on my feet.

As I brush myself off I see what looks like Fai, Syaoran, and Princess Sakura walking over to us. Kurogane steps aside and lets Syaoran approach. Syaoran says, "Glad to have you back Mokona. I was starting to get concerned. So who do we have here?." Mokona responds, "Everyone this is Ron Cauvin and he goes by the name Ron." Then Mokona turns to me and before she can introduce me to the group I say, "I know all of you." Then indicating everyone in the group in turn I continue, "You're Syaoran, Kurogane, Fai, and Princess Sakura." Then I do a deep bow and say, "I'm very happy to meet all of you." Confused Kurogane looks to first Mokona and then back to me, "Sir, how do you know all of our names?" Then Kurogane looks back at Mokona, "Ok, Fluff Ball what did you tell him about us." Mokona smiles, "Theirs no need to be alarmed Kurgy. Ron is from the same dimension that Yuko is from and all of you are on what they call a TV show." Kurogane then sighs, "I should have known that Yuko has something to do with this."

Syaoran then turns to Kurogane, "Kurogane I asked Mokona & Yuko to help us out by finding a Master Book Writer. Ron must be that Book writer." Kurogane then grumbles, "He doesn't look like a Master Book Writer to me and what is the price for his help." Syaoran looks to Mokona for the answer. Mokona smiles and says, "Ron has written many books in the past and is having trouble starting a new one. He has what they call writers block. Yuko says that by him helping us get Sakura's feather from King Trimere that his wish will be fulfilled by his writers block being lifted." Kurogane then glares at Mokona, "Mokona how is he going to help us when he isn't able to write?"

Syaoran looks sternly at Kurogane, "Kurogane I trust Yuko and if she says that Ron can help us out then I tend to believe her." Kurogane turns and starts to walk away, "Syaoran you wanted him so I say that he is your problem. By the way it's your watch. I'm going to get some rest. See you in the morning." Fai looks at me and says, "Ron don't mind Kurogane, he's like this to everyone." To his surprise I say, "Yes Fai I know." Princess Sakura bows and says good night to both Syaoran and I. Syaoran then says to me, "Ron you should get some rest as well." I respond, "Syaoran their is no need. When I left Yuko's shop it was already mid morning. Besides I need to talk to you about all of this."

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:02 pm
Dimensional Quill

Act. 4 - Frustration

Fai, Mokona, and I follow Syaoran back to their campsite. Fai then says good night and lays down on a blanket nearby the others. I look at Mokona and say, "Mokona, what have you gotten me into?" Mokona responds, "Ron, Syaoran can fill you in." I look around the clearing that the campsite is in. I see some wood stacked neatly nearby and a couple of backpacks with some provisions in it. The darkness of the woods is almost complete except for some feeble moonlight trying to filter in. I see two paths leading from the clearing. One goes to the field where Mokona and I arrived and the other deeper into the forest.

Syaoran looks me over and says, "Ron the first thing that we will have to do tomorrow is get you a change of clothes. What you are wearing will draw too much attention." I look at the others who were are all dressed up in tunics and slightly baggy pants. The only exception was Princess Sakura who was still wearing the outfit that she wore in the beginning of the Tsubasa series. Her white short sleeved top, skirt and pants were all fringed with purple and she also wore simple white shoes. Having seen the series I wasn’t too surprised that I would have to change into different clothes.

Then Syaoran continued by asking a question, “Ron, you say you know us through what Mokona calls a TV show. If that’s true do you already know how to get Sakura’s feather from King Trimere?” I respond, “Sorry Syaoran it won’t be that easy. On the TV show their were over 50 episodes but they were not continuous and I don’t remember King Trimere being in any of them. Also the show’s episodes are written by writers, the images that I see are drawn by hand or by a machine called a computer, and your voices are done by a bunch of what they call voice actors. In other words it’s just a show and it can‘t predict your future. What is happening here is very real and I need to help you get Sakura’s feather so that my writers block is gone and your group can move onto the next World.”

Thinking about it for a moment Syaoran starts to fill me in on what they have done so far in this World. "Ron, just a few days ago we came to this World. They call it Caliape. From what we found out King Trimere recently got more powerful due to a special feather that he has with magical powers. He uses it like a quill to write out orders, proclamations, and even spells. The King in the past had most of his orders followed without question. Now it seems that everything that he writes happens whether his subjects like it or not. Also if it’s found out that someone else is writing a book or even something as simple as a letter to someone else the King has them thrown into the dungeon at the palace.”

I then asked Syaoran why they were camped out in the forest. Syaoran looked around first like he was afraid to be overheard. “Since we are strangers in Caliape we fled the city because we were concerned about being put in the dungeon. Kurogane wants to fight his way through the palace and grab the feather and move on. I noticed that the King recently doubled the guard at the Palaces entrances so I felt that we needed a plan first instead of just blindly rushing the palace guards.”

I told Syaoran that it was a good idea to fall back and think things through first. Next I asked, “Syaoran I have a better idea on what’s going on now. Where do I fit into your plan?” Syaoran responded, “Since writing seems to be the biggest issue in this town both Fai and I felt that we needed a Master Book Writer to help us out. I want the feather for Sakura but I also feel deeply for the people in this town. They should have the freedom to write what they want.” I smiled and said, “Where I come from they call that freedom of speech. Not only are the people free to write what they want where I’m from they can also speak freely about things too.”

After a pause I continued, “So Syaoran do you have a plan yet on what to do. It seems that you are greatly out numbered to take on a bunch of guards or even an army.” Syaoran sadly responded, “Ron we don’t have a plan yet. I’m hoping that you would be able to help us with that. This writers block problem that you have right now has gotten me more concerned. This is dangerous enough for us. I didn’t want to drag someone else into this unless they can truly help us out.” I smiled back at Syaoran and tried to encourage him, “Syaoran, Mokona found me and I was asked many times if I wanted to back out from helping your group. I’m committed to helping you out so don’t count me out yet.”

Syaoran looked at Mokona and said, “Mokona could you contact Yuko?” Mokona grinned and said no problem. All of a sudden the red jewel on Mokona’s head lit up and projected an image in the air. I’ve seen this done on the TV show but I was in awe seeming it in person. Yuko appeared in the image and started to speak. “Hello Syaoran. It looks like Mr Cauvin made it safely to you. How are things going?” Syaoran looked tired when he answered, “Yuko I’m not sure what to do to get Sakura’s feather. The King in this town has the feather strongly guarded and I just learned that Ron isn’t able to write right now due to something called a writers block.” Yuko looked at Syaoran seriously, “Syaoran remember that when you asked for help that it would come at a price. It looks like you have found out what that price is. According to Mokona Ron is very talented. There is a way to get the feather but it’s up to you, Ron, and the others to figure it out. Good luck.” With that said the image of Yuko flickered and then faded away.

A few minutes later I saw the sun starting to rise and the first one up was Kurogane. Kurogane looked around first and when he was satisfied that everything was safe he walked over to what was left of the campfire. Fai got up and joined him. Fai asked Syaoran, “Syaoran did you and Ron come up with a plan to get Sakura’s feather?” Syaoran answered, “Not yet but I was able to fill Ron in on our situation.” Kurogane spoke up, “I thought that I heard Yuko’s voice. Syaoran did you contact her? Also I thought that this guy was going to be the answer to our problems on this World.” Syaoran sighed, “Yes Kurogane, I did contact Yuko and she did say that their is a way to get the feather with Ron’s help. She also wouldn’t give a clue on how to do it.” Kurogane looked cross and responded, “That’s just great and now we have another mouth to feed.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 pm
Dimensional Quill

Act. 5 - Diversion

A short time later every one was awake and eating rations. Fai had a spare outfit in his backpack and I went into the woods to change. I came back out of the woods wearing a slightly tan tunic and sligtly baggy pants. The pants had a rope going through what would have been belt loops on other pants. I tied the rope tight so that I wouldn't have to fiddle with it later on. To top things off I traded my sneakers for sandals.

Mokona was then jumping up and down and said, "Lets head to town and eat some real food." Kurogane snapped, "Cream puff we don't have any money to buy food with." Mokona hurt, replied, "Syaoran, Kurogy is being mean to me again." Syaoran smiled, "Don't worry Mokona I'm sure that we will find a way to make money. I would like to have a decent meal before heading off to the next World."

I saw that Princess Sakura was quiet and still looking tired. I said hello to her and she nodded her head back to me. Mokona then jumped into Sakura's lap which made her smile for a moment. Listening to the others I realized that I would need to eat and drink as well to keep up my strength. I may not be going to the next World with the group but I still wanted to be at my best to help them out in this World.

Thinking about what Syaoran said I knew that it was going to be very difficult to get past King Trimere's guards to get the feather. Also we needed to get the King away from the feather so that he wouldn't change things by writing a spell, etc. We needed a diversion to get their attention. Writing was out because it would get everyone thrown into the dungeon. I didn't have to worry about writing something anyways due to the writers block that I still had.

Suddenly I had an idea. I might not be able to write a new story but I could certainly tell an old one. Since it wasn't writing the group would not be in violation of the Caliape's ban against writing. I would imagine by now that many of the towns folk were getting bored and might be interested in hearing a story being told. Telling a story to a group of people could make our group money and at the same time be a diversion so that Syaoran and Kurogane could slip into the palace to get Sakura's feather.

Fai spoke up, "Syaoran we need a plan to get Sakura's feather. She still looks weak so the sooner the better." Syaoran glanced at Sakura, "Yes Fai I agree. Does anyone have an idea other than storming the palace?" I spoke up, "Syaoran and Fai I haven't been to town yet to check things out but I do have an idea that could work to get the feather. Fai, Mokona, Princess Sakura, and I could create a diversion while Syaoran and Kurogane slip into the palace unnoticed.”

Kurogane was about to say something when Fai interrupted him. “Kurogane let’s hear him out.” Kurogane sighed and relaxed a little. Syaoran added, “Ron, what’s your idea?” With more confidence I told the group that even though I couldn’t write anything due to the writers block it didn’t stop me from telling past stories. Fai said, “The towns people did look a little bored so perhaps you telling them a story would get everyone’s attention.” I added, “Fai, perhaps you, Sakura, and Mokona, could make me look like a Master story teller and charge a little money to hear my stories of far off lands.” Mokona grinned, “Money means food, Mokona hungry!”

Syaoran decided, “Ok lets all head to town and check things out. Fai, you can figure out how and where to draw attention while Kurogane and I figure out a way to get into the palace.” Everyone got up. Fai put out what was left of the campfire and then picked up the backpacks.” Next both Kurogane and Syaoran hid their swords in their clothing the best that they could.

We all walked down the path that led deeper into the woods. About an hour later we were walking down a gravel road into what looked like a renaissance era town that reminded me of a renaissance fair that I went to the year before. The difference though was that everything looked a lot more real, especially the guards at the main gate into the town. The guards stopped us and demanded what was our reason for coming to Caliape. Fai walked up to the guards and told them that we were peddlers from a far off land. The guards looked suspiciously over our group and noted that we had nothing with us to sell. With a big smile Fai said that we had already sold our goods and were looking for something new to sell. Somehow that worked and the guards waved us through.

I asked Fai, “Fai how did you do that?” Kurogane snorted, “How can you say no to that pretty face.” Fai said back, “Kurogy, I’m sure that their will be some pretty maidens in town that will fawn over you.” Kurogane gave a look that could kill, “We don’t have time for that right now.” Fai laughed, “Awwww, come on Kurogy, you don’t want to disappoint your adoring fans.” Kurogane looked like he was going to chase Fai and then Syaoran said, “Come on Kurogane lets check out the palace.” Reluctantly Kurogane followed Syaoran in the direction towards the palace.

The rest of us went further into town and started to walk through a marketplace. Up ahead their was a clearing and Fai motioned for us to stop. Looking around Fai said, “This place looks big enough. Let’s see what we can do to get people’s attention.” Looking around I had no idea what to do. Suddenly Sakura stopped, started to glow a little, and I could hear what sounded like a faint high pitched whining sound coming from her. I’ve seen this on the Tsubasa Anime show before so I knew that for some reason Sakura’s powers were being activated.

All of a sudden a bird landed on her shoulder and then another. Within a few minutes a bunch of sparrows of different colors were slowly flying around her. Sakura had a big smile on her face and her eyes had a far away look in them. A group of people started to gather and look at Sakura in awe. I whispered to Fai, “It looks like we got the towns folks attention.” Fai just smiled and nodded.

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 pm
Dimensional Quill

Act. 6 - Putting on a Show

Fai took advantage of the gathering crowd and their curiosity. He put out a bucket on the ground in front of him and yelled out, “Come one, come all, see the enchanted girl and her birds.” A few minutes later the crowd settled down some and sat down in rows. You could hear coins getting dropped into the bucket. Just as sudden as Sakura started to glow she stopped. She closed her eyes and the birds quietly flew away. Quickly Fai grabbed a couple of chairs and Sakura sat down quickly into one.

Afraid that he would lose his audience Fai pointed at Mokona. Mokona smiled and then started to jump up and down and do tricks like somersaults. Everyone gasped when she jumped into the crowd and landed on someones head. Someone laughed and the laughter grew when Mokona started to do silly faces at other people and jumped around from row to row. A couple moments later she jumped back into the middle of the clearing and said, “Did everyone like that?” When Mokona spoke a few people gasped and one lady fainted.
Some nearby guards took notice and one left quickly towards the palace.

Knowing that their plan was starting to work Fai pointed at Mokona again. Mokona grinned and jumped into Sakura’s lap. Sakura smiled and some kids said awwww. Fai spoke up again, “Would everyone like to see and hear more?” The crowd all cheered yea. Fai then asked, “Would you like to hear a story about a faraway land?” One person in the crowd spoke up, “Isn’t against the law to tell a story in Caliape.” Fai grinned and replied, “No, my fine sir, telling a story isn’t against the law, just writing one is.” The guy then nodded and sat back down.

Fai started up again, “People of Caliape, I present to you a Master Story teller. Ron the Wise will tell stories about far off lands that will mysify and amaze you.” Just then the one guard returned with a few more and they all looked over in Fai’s direction. The guard who led the others said in a booming voice and pointed at Fai, “You their, what are you doing. You are creating a disturbance.” Fai responded and pointed at me, “My friend here is going to tell everyone a story.” The guard looked sternly at Fai, “You are new here so you probably don’t know that their is a ban on writing stories in this town.” Fai grinning widely and said, “Kind and noble soldiers of the realm we mean no harm. Feel free to search us. We have written no stories. My friend here is just telling everybody a story of old.”

The guard then looked at another and told him to get the Captain of the guards. The crowd looked at the guard expectantly and he sighed and said carry on. Walking past me Fai whispered, “Ron, you’re up.” Putting on a brave face I walked into the middle of the clearing and Fai sat down in the other chair. I wasn’t use to speaking in front of a crowd so I was getting a little stage fright. Seeing me hesitate Mokona jumped off of Sakura’s lap and onto my shoulder. She whispered, “You can do it”, and then jumped back off of my shoulder and into the lap of a little girl in the front row. The little girl first smiled at Mokona and then up at me.

I decided to tell the crowd a story about horseless carriages and started out by describing one of the streets in a historical village that had old model T’s driving around in it. One person in the crowd was starting to say that their was no such thing as a horseless carriage and another one shushed him. I continued like no one had spoken and went on to tell the crowd about a farmer bringing his crops to town and selling them in a market. The crowd started to settle down more and listen more intently to me.

Getting into my element I then told the crowd about a fast moving horseless carriage called a race car. All of a sudden their was a commotion in the back of the crowd. The Captain of the guards had arrived with a lot more guards and soldiers with him. He addressed our group. “What is the meaning of this! King Trimere signed a proclamation into law recently banning the writing of stories in this town.” Before Fai could speak up I replied, “Captain, Sir, I’m just telling these good people of Caliape a story. I have not written a thing.” Not believing me the Captain ordered the soldiers to search us. After some protest from the crowd and finding nothing the Captain said, “My soldiers tell me that you and your group are not hiding anything written down so you can continue, but I caution you not to make a bigger disturbance or I will throw the lot of you into the dungeon. Looking seriously back at the guard I first paused and then continued telling my story about a horseless car race.

Meanwhile Syaoran and Kurogane was watching one of the side gates into the palace. They saw a guard run up to the main gate and what looked like the Captain of the guards coming out to meet him. Then they and a bunch of soldiers all hurried off into the main section of town. Syaoran said to Kurogane when the side gate was clear, “Here is our chance let’s go.” Kurogane sounded impressed, “It looks like our Master Book Writer has created a diversion after all.” Both Syaoran and Kurogane went through the side gate and quickly into the palace.

To Syaoran’s surprise the palace was empty. He whispered to Kurogane, “Fai and Ron must be putting on quite a show.” Kurogane nodded as they made their way further into the palace. A few minutes they stop suddenly as a guard rushed passed them. Hiding in the shadows Syaoran and Kurogane watched as the guard and the King walked back past their spot. Syaoran whispered to Kurogane, “Look Kurogane the King has the feather, a piece of parchment, and a bottle of ink with him. Lets follow closely and see if their is a chance to grab Sakura’s feather.”

It didn’t take long for the guard and King Trimere to make their way to the main gate of the palace. They quickly then made their way to the marketplace with Syaoran and Kurogane not far behind them. Next a few soldiers saw and stopped both Syaoran and Kurogane in their tracks. Syaoran made an excuse saying that they needed to get something from the market and the soldiers let them go. They arrived at the Market in time to see the King arrive and address Ron in a clearing telling a story.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 pm
Dimensional Quill

Showdown

I was in the middle of a sentence and then stopped speaking when I saw the crowd of town folk, guards, and soldiers make way for a regal looking older guy. I knew that it was King Trimere approaching. I looked at Fai and he shook his head back and forth. Mokona jumped over to and into Sakura’s lap. Sakura suddenly said softly, “My feather”. I then noticed that the King had Sakura’s feather, paper, and ink with him. This was it I thought. Everything was coming down to this showdown and I didn’t have a clue what to do. I saw Syaoran and Kurogane in the back of the crowd and knew that they would not be able to help out. I decided to stand my ground.

When the King finally made it to the clearing the Captain announced him. The King then addressed me, “Sir please identify yourself and explain why you are disturbing this peaceful town.” I bowed first and then answered, “King Trimere, my name is Ron Cauvin and both my group and I are peddlers from a distant land. We are not disturbing your town we are entertaining it. If it displeases you we will be on our way.” The King answered, “The Captain of my guards tells me that you are telling my subjects a story. Let me see the book that you are reading it from.”

I shrugged and said, “I’m sorry your majesty but I’m telling the story from memory. Your soldiers already checked and found no books or writng in our possession.” The King looked at one of the soldiers and he nodded in agreement. Trying to get the King off guard I said, “King Trimere where I come from I’m called both a Master Story Teller and a Master Book Writer. I have heard that you have outlawed writing in your town and I think that it’s a great injustice. In the town that I live in we have what is called freedom of speech which includes the freedom to write things as well within reason.”

The King got angry after hearing that and everything then went quiet when he picked up Sakura’s feather, dipped the quill into the ink well and started to write on the parchment. As the King wrote he spoke, “I decree on this day that Mr Ron Cauvin will no longer be able to speak and will be immediately taken into the dungeon.” I smiled and replied, “I’m sorry your majesty but you can’t silence me that easily.” Also the King noticed that no one was moving to take me into custody.

Getting frustrated the King tried again, “Mr Cauvin and his group will stop disturbing the peace in this town and will never be able to speak again.” I laughed and said, “King Trimere I will say again. Where I’m from everyone has the freedom of speech and I truly believe that. Also you are incorrect. This group is not mine. I just joined it yestersday.” I motioned for Syaoran and Kurogane to join me in the clearing. The towns folk and soldiers parted way again. Indicating Syaoran, “King Trimere may I introduce the leader of our group, Syaoran.” Syaoran bowed and then stood next to me.

The King then yelled out, “Enough of this!” He took Sakura’s feather and started to write on the parchment again. All of a sudden a rage took him over so strongly that his hands started to shake. Sakura’s feather fell free out of his grasp. Kurogane was the quickest one to react and grabbed the feather before it hit the ground. I quickly grabbed the parchment from the Kings trembling hands and motioned for Kurogane to give me Sakura’s feather. Kurogane looked at Syaoran and Syaoran nodded permission for Kurogane to give me the feather.

Looking at the King who was starting to calm down I spoke and wrote with Sakura’s feather on the parchment at the same time. “With this Dimensional Quill I decree on this day in the town of Caliape that King Trimere will become forever more a just King and that he will allow his subjects from this day forward to speak and write freely.” A faint high pitched whining sound started to be heard from the feather and I was glowing for a moment. Then the King walked up to me and apologized for treating me and the group so badly.

I turned to Syaoran and said, “Syaoran here is Sakura’s feather.” With her feather in his hand Syaoran walked over to where Sakura was. Sakura stood up and the feather was absorbed into her body with the same whining sound that it had emitted just a couple moments before. Sakura slumped into Syaorans open arms. I walked over to them and asked, “Syaoran, will Princess Sakura be alright?” Syaoran answered, “She will be Ok in a few minutes or hours.”

A few hours later Sakura was awake again. Mokona was jumping up and down and saying Princess Sakura is awake. Sakura walked over to me, gave me a quick hug, and said thanks for helping her. I bowed to her and said that it was my pleasure. Syaoran ushered us into a nearby banquet hall and we had a feast like no other.

Mokona then said, “Ron, time to go.” I replied, “Mokona, we got Sakura’s feather back but I still have my writers block.” Syaoran walked over with the piece of parchment from earlier. “Ron, I believe this is yours.” I looked in amazement and realized that what I wrote could be part of a new book called Dimensional Quill. I was surprised because in the middle of the showdown I broke through my writers block and didn’t even know it.

Mokona said again, “Ron, it’s time to go. I can’t take Syaoran’s group to the next World until I take you home first.” A tear started to form in one of my eyes and I said, “So soon. I just got here.” Knowing their was nothing that I could do about it I greeted and said goodbye to everyone. Syaoran, Fai, and Princess Sakura said good journey.

Mokona then jumped up into the air and a bright yellow circle appeared in the middle of the clearing. Then yellow lines and symbols came next and I walked into the circle. A blue swirling curtain of energy surrounded me and I heard Mokona yell out goodbye and we were gone in a bright flash. A few moments later I found myself standing in my living room at home. My Mokona plushie was where she always was in the chair next to the computer and I looked in amazement at the piece of parchment that was still in my hands.

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Anime RPG's

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers